The Legend known as ... The Game Plan ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • 4 strong hit ups
  • 1 sent wide to the backs who go backwards
  • Throw the ball to a retreating DCE for a hurried kick

You guys suggesting we need something better?
Isn't that why they're called backs? :nerd:

Actually, I think I've cracked it for a winning game plan. Only give it to the forwards in the first half to go forward, and then leave the backs on the same side of the field for the second half and they can come in fresh and go backwards, which would be forwards relative to the second half... or was that the first? :think:

This SJ, along with some teams who are slow to reload, especially lazy backrowers or centres....think structurally the Storm much as I dislike them....work extra hard on (being there)...including fullbacks like Slater and Papa, who push up on the ball ALL day.
Exactly, it's all about knowing where exactly to be and when, what lines at what times according to plays. It all starts at the ruck, if A or B player from the ruck has bad shape it can have a domino efdect on the outside men as defense can read and adjust easier if not executed well. U can train it all you want but if the game awareness is not there it won't transpire on the field. Covering for other players/ positions caught in play is vital. Communication is key

Des Vinci Code - the belief that King Des is a descendant of the Ken Arthurson bloodline and after capturing the holy grail (a 40-0 win over the storm in an NRL grand final) he has hidden it again...

Legend holds that its secret resting place can only be unlocked by interpreting a series of strange team selections, stranger 'game plans' and secret mumblings...

...welcome to 'Des Vinci Code'!...

You can never underestimate the value of a great fullback.
When Manly have a good custodian, we are generally very competitive.
The 1 is the guy that spots the Achilles heel in attack and plugs the holes in defence.
Hence with Turbo & Snake....good times.
A game plan is game day strategy to beat the opposition of the day.
In modern footy, if you follow it, complete sets and make fewer errors, you generally win.
Chess really
Give me the play what you see approach from the fullback any day.
That’s real footy

You can never underestimate the value of a great fullback.
When Manly have a good custodian, we are generally very competitive.
The 1 is the guy that spots the Achilles heel in attack and plugs the holes in defence.
Hence with Turbo & Snake....good times.
A game plan is game day strategy to beat the opposition of the day.
In modern footy, if you follow it, complete sets and make fewer errors, you generally win.
Chess really
Give me the play what you see approach from the fullback any day.
That’s real footy
And that is why ,now the season is dusted, you blood the next generation. Let them play their natural eyes up footy to begin with then gradually add the structures to their game as they progress.
Schuster, Hopoate, Miski, Olakuatu, Sipley, Metcalf, Anderson, Harper, Saddler. Perfect time to experiment from NEXT week against weaker teams. We won't win sh*t still but it doesn't matter now. It's all about future planning .
Why persist with average plodders now Garrick, Parker, Taufua, Waddell, Gosiewski, Croker. Unfortunately I see little chance of it happening.

Being a novice ... I was particularly impressed during the later part of Barrett's tenure ... with all the wise heads saying the reason for our downfall ... was the lack of a GAME PLAN ....

Twenty has no game plan ... Barrett is devoid of a game plan .... we play like headless chickens with no game plan they cried and lamented .... if only we had a good coach we would have a game plan ....

So, can someone please help me out ..... what is our current game plan ?? .... and why is it not working ??
It's a secret ...... if you know you know ..... sorry big fella.

And that is why ,now the season is dusted, you blood the next generation. Let them play their natural eyes up footy to begin with then gradually add the structures to their game as they progress.
Schuster, Hopoate, Miski, Olakuatu, Sipley, Metcalf, Anderson, Harper, Saddler. Perfect time to experiment from NEXT week against weaker teams. We won't win sh*t still but it doesn't matter now. It's all about future planning .
Why persist with average plodders now Garrick, Parker, Taufua, Waddell, Gosiewski, Croker. Unfortunately I see little chance of it happening.
Love to see the young guys integrated in gradually, should of started a few weeks ago

You're being unkind to average plodders ...... that mob is worse than that .....

Being a novice ... I was particularly impressed during the later part of Barrett's tenure ... with all the wise heads saying the reason for our downfall ... was the lack of a GAME PLAN ....

Twenty has no game plan ... Barrett is devoid of a game plan .... we play like headless chickens with no game plan they cried and lamented .... if only we had a good coach we would have a game plan ....

So, can someone please help me out ..... what is our current game plan ?? .... and why is it not working ??
At least we all know your game plan. A bit old fashioned, a bit predictable, but still gets results as often as not!

We are not as well drilled as some sides. They kick with purpose to gain ground or resets. Our kicks tend to be hurried and without purpose, Only 5 tries all season from 15 games is a sad indication of how poor our attack is.

Goes to show you that without your first choice spine your creativity goes out the window, out team is crying out for that right now as DCE creates nearly all of our play and we are easy to defend for that reason.

I would like to see Manly kick a bit earlier on the tackle count especially when attacking to get those resets. Last week we saw a couple of quality kicks which lead to tries.

Our defence is really struggling right now as too many guys out of position and bad decisions being made costing tries. This needs to improve ASAP, up and in defence is fine as long as you go up in a line together, if the line is staggered it leads to the inevitable concession of a try.

We need to get this right on the weekend or the Drizzle will bury us!

Oh look another 'Des is over the hill' thread poorly disguised as a probing question conundrum.

The Game plan is sound but the cattle are not. If you don't have the quality you don't stand a chance.

The 6 again game has left us behind excuses are all BS. Our roster is unfortunately too thin to get the job done once the superstars fall over.

I used to laugh when people like Paul kent went on about our roster being too thin to legitimatly challenge for the top prize. Unfortunately they were correct.

Since 2014 we have relied on bad boy signings that other clubs let go and journey men who come cheep.

Des was able to get them up last year but with tommy - DW and MF all out for most of the season the replacement players just don't stack up. Oh and before you start on about youth thats not the golden ticket either.

Good news is that the 'old boss man' will get another crack again next year with a roster he's at least had a hand in building.

My game plan is a 6 pack of 4 pines and some yummy lime and pepper chips. I'm hoping that I can last the full 80 mins without getting to piss off.

Regardless of who we run out on the oval, I'd like to see some kick pressure on the 5th for a start.

Honest to god Woodsie, When are you going to get over Barrett? Maybe you need to follow your him over to the Dogs, I am sick to death of your passive aggressive support of that absolute void of a human Trent Barrett. We get it, you obviously love the bloke and have blind faith in the clown. Can you please just finish with it, it is hard enough listening to the garbage some people throw up on here and facebook every day without you adding to it. The problem we have now is not a gameplan or lack of, but a lack of talent. Barrett had Tom T, Walker, Korisau and god knows who else most weeks in that team and had them playing like busted's, not to mention Nate Myles and Blake Green. So trying to insinuate that Des is going through the same problem as Barrett and we are treating Des differently for the same problems is ludicrous. Give it a rest already.

Revenge is best served cold. Last year we looked better and definitely more structured and effective than 2018. This year we are playing like we were under Barrett looking disorganized, lacking structure and a shambles in defence especially out wide. I called for Barrett's exit and was relieved when he went. Whilst angry with Des the dirty dog for his exit in 2011 I was glad to see him back (bearing in mind I was already in the fetal position) thinking anything would be better than Barrett. Sadly I find myself in the fetal position once again. I agree that we haven't looked like a side playing to a game plan. As we know a game plan is the frame work and fall back position but it is useless if the players don't or can't work to it. You need steady controlled play makers (Cronk like) to work to the structure and be in the right position at each tackle in the count and be thinking and scheming one play ahead. We have been seriously lacking in that department and often look lost. The top sides are clinical and take most opportunities to score points. We have not. The biggest concern for me is that as well as bleeding points in a couple of games this year we have only scored 253 points in 15 games which is just shy of 17 points a game. Only the teams below us on the table have scored less. This suggests to me that our attacking structures are lacking or not being followed and we lack dangerous speed out wide. Your point is taken on my part.

Injuries have played a massive part in our downfall this season. I just think our reserves are bad and wouldn't even start at another Nrl team. Recruitment needs to be the focus moving foward and some tough decisions regarding our top earners needs to be made for us to recruit NRL players.

The Game plan is sound but the cattle are not. If you don't have the quality you don't stand a chance.

The 6 again game has left us behind excuses are all BS. Our roster is unfortunately too thin to get the job done once the superstars fall over.

I used to laugh when people like Paul kent went on about our roster being too thin to legitimatly challenge for the top prize. Unfortunately they were correct.
We've not seen 11 of our roster play this season so it is premature to say we don't have the cattle.
Bring them in from grazing on the Narrabeen grass to replace some of the heffers in the 17 and give them a chance to shine on the NRL stage.

Oh look another 'Des is over the hill' thread poorly disguised as a probing question conundrum.

No, I in fact support Dessie ..... a casual reading of my posts would confirm that ...

If anything my thread is a shot at all the numbnuts that spent countless hours boring me to death about not having a game plan ... as if it was some magical being ....

I was just wondering why all those points have view have suddenly become non existent ... are game plans not the answer anymore ?

Honest to god Woodsie, When are you going to get over Barrett? Maybe you need to follow your him over to the Dogs, I am sick to death of your passive aggressive support of that absolute void of a human Trent Barrett. We get it, you obviously love the bloke and have blind faith in the clown. Can you please just finish with it, it is hard enough listening to the garbage some people throw up on here and facebook every day without you adding to it. The problem we have now is not a gameplan or lack of, but a lack of talent. Barrett had Tom T, Walker, Korisau and god knows who else most weeks in that team and had them playing like busted's, not to mention Nate Myles and Blake Green. So trying to insinuate that Des is going through the same problem as Barrett and we are treating Des differently for the same problems is ludicrous. Give it a rest already.

Thanks for that .. I love a balanced opinion ...

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6