The Legend known as ... The Game Plan ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Being a novice ... I was particularly impressed during the later part of Barrett's tenure ... with all the wise heads saying the reason for our downfall ... was the lack of a GAME PLAN ....

Twenty has no game plan ... Barrett is devoid of a game plan .... we play like headless chickens with no game plan they cried and lamented .... if only we had a good coach we would have a game plan ....

So, can someone please help me out ..... what is our current game plan ?? .... and why is it not working ??

Revenge is best served cold. Last year we looked better and definitely more structured and effective than 2018. This year we are playing like we were under Barrett looking disorganized, lacking structure and a shambles in defence especially out wide. I called for Barrett's exit and was relieved when he went. Whilst angry with Des the dirty dog for his exit in 2011 I was glad to see him back (bearing in mind I was already in the fetal position) thinking anything would be better than Barrett. Sadly I find myself in the fetal position once again. I agree that we haven't looked like a side playing to a game plan. As we know a game plan is the frame work and fall back position but it is useless if the players don't or can't work to it. You need steady controlled play makers (Cronk like) to work to the structure and be in the right position at each tackle in the count and be thinking and scheming one play ahead. We have been seriously lacking in that department and often look lost. The top sides are clinical and take most opportunities to score points. We have not. The biggest concern for me is that as well as bleeding points in a couple of games this year we have only scored 253 points in 15 games which is just shy of 17 points a game. Only the teams below us on the table have scored less. This suggests to me that our attacking structures are lacking or not being followed and we lack dangerous speed out wide. Your point is taken on my part.

I can give you last years if that helps?
Up the middle. Api and Fainu all game, probing. Fainu the attacker, Api 40+ tackles in the middle. Taking defensive pressure off the other forwards, particularly Jake.
DCE and Tommy following their lead, Terry Lamb style up the middle.
Jake throwing backyard outside/inside balls to his brother.
Afb, Marty playing off the go forward, and getting away offloads.(AFBs offloads better than some of Martys).
This year, well we just don’t have the talent to continue the previous years tactics. DCEs kicking game is below par. Why we don’t kick to the corners more instead of useless midfield bombs is dumb. Really hoped Levi would provide us with an alternative kick out of dummy half, but that hasn’t happened.
At this stage of the year, I think the game plan should be the same as I used to give the Burleigh Bears u/10s. Try not to drop the ball, and above all else, have fun. The kiss philosophy. Keep it simple stupid.

Last edited:
Our game plan last few weeks has been Des's attempt to introduce Taoism.
However like most novices to the Tao, he has misinterpreted We-Wei to mean action by inaction, this is not correct.
It's more about not fighting against the stream, but guiding your way down river.

Our game plan last few weeks has been Des's attempt to introduce Taoism.
However like most novices to the Tao, he has misinterpreted We-Wei to mean action by inaction, this is not correct.
It's more about not fighting against the stream, but guiding your way down river.
I look forward to the part where 3 tries becomes 10,000

I would have thought structure is more about player positions and movements relative to other players and field position. Game plan would overlap with this, but would go more towards the aims of what they are trying to achieve?

It has been 40 years since I have been in a footy team .... but back then we used to run the same basic attacking and defensive drills every week .... those structures and patterns were our go to positions for every game .... eg like the up and in style of defence is a set in stone as a part of our structures ...

The game plan for us was a game specific plan based on who we were playing .... eg find touch with the kicks rather than kick to Radradradrara, or play these girls up the middle .. they got nothing, or attach out wide ....

Structures and patterns tended to be ingrained .. and all teams, 1st, reggies and u/23's all played the same way ... so players going up a grade already knew what to do ...

Game plans on the other hand were forgotten by the mungo forwards before they got clear of the tunnel .... and by the rest by the end of the first set ...

Being a novice ... I was particularly impressed during the later part of Barrett's tenure ... with all the wise heads saying the reason for our downfall ... was the lack of a GAME PLAN ....

Twenty has no game plan ... Barrett is devoid of a game plan .... we play like headless chickens with no game plan they cried and lamented .... if only we had a good coach we would have a game plan ....

So, can someone please help me out ..... what is our current game plan ?? .... and why is it not working ??
Simple. Our attack plan is give it to the big kid. Unfortunately the big kid has spaghetti hamstrings and isn't there. In defense it's the obsolete compressed up and in which the 6 again rule killed but Des thinks otherwise. Hense 50 point hidings.

Structures are executed by the players and practiced at training and more about where each player individually should be as a formation in both attack and defence and this will vary greatly depending where on the field ect....a gameplan is about kicking early on 2 or 3 to turn them around, working over the halves, attacking to the right as their left edge is poor defensively....kick behind the wingers (because they are slow to get there and have the dropsies) ect

Good structures are dependant on good shape in attack. Being square at the ruck, block plays, decoy runners having good shape ( positioning and line ) makes a world of difference.

Last edited:
Structures are executed by the players and practiced at training and more about where each player individually should be as a formation in both attack and defence and this will vary greatly depending where on the field ect....a gameplan is about kicking early on 2 or 3 to turn them around, working over the halves, attacking to the right as their left edge is poor defensively....kick behind the wingers (because they are slow to get there and have the dropsies) ect
Storm tipsheet for this week unfortunately

I reckon the game is over each week before old dessie manages to spit it out.

Des: "Okay guys Umm uhh umm we wanna umm ahh focus ahh umm on umm ahhh"

Dce: "Yeah but dessie it's half time and it's 38 nil. What do you want us to actually do?"

Des: "Just umm ahh umm try to umm complete ahh"

Janitor: "Sorry mate, were you talking to me?Cause everyone went home an hour ago"

I reckon the game is over each week before old dessie manages to spit it out.

Des: "Okay guys Umm uhh umm we wanna umm ahh focus ahh umm on umm ahhh"

Dce: "Yeah but dessie it's half time and it's 38 nil. What do you want us to actually do?"

Des: "Just umm ahh umm try to umm complete ahh"

Janitor: "Sorry mate, were you talking to me?Cause everyone went home an hour ago"

That's harsh ... funny ... but harsh ....

Good structures are dependant on good shape in attack. Being square at the ruck, block plays, decoy runners having good shape ( positioning and line ) makes a world of difference.
This SJ, along with some teams who are slow to reload, especially lazy backrowers or centres....think structurally the Storm much as I dislike them....work extra hard on (being there) setting hard to be in position ahead of every play...including fullbacks like Slater and Papa, who push up on the ball ALL day.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7