The Koula Kid - First try of many !!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
What a great moment....Koula scores his first try and it's not from 5m, out or a simple overlap, he shows his Full explosive ability and more.
The great part initially was how he pushes up in support with Garrick who was standing in a 2 man tackle arms free.
The beauty of this, Koula doesn't stay wide and "wait" for the ball, but he actually is looking inside at a staggered Tigers defence through the middle and arks that way taking the ball and explodes between 2 defenders who don't get a glove on him, then from 15m away from the fullback skips outside, making the quick fullback Daine Laurie look like a turtle and I reckon Bozo would have been wetting himself about this time too.
Has shown glimpses of evasion and threatened to bust the defence on many occasions in 2022, but now has shown what to expect when he see's daylight its goodnight....many more to come from this dynamic Manly young gun !!

What a great moment....Koula scores his first try and it's not from 5m, out or a simple overlap, he shows his Full explosive ability and more.
The great part initially was how he pushes up in support with Garrick who was standing in a 2 man tackle arms free.
The beauty of this, Koula doesn't stay wide and "wait" for the ball, but he actually is looking inside at a staggered Tigers defence through the middle and arks that way taking the ball and explodes between 2 defenders who don't get a glove on him, then from 15m away from the fullback skips outside, making the quick fullback Daine Laurie look like a turtle and I reckon Bozo would have been wetting himself about this time too.
Has shown glimpses of evasion and threatened to bust the defence on many occasions in 2022, but now has shown what to expect when he see's daylight its goodnight....many more to come from this dynamic Manly young gun !!
Ability to beat players in close as well as with room to move , very impressive . and the bonus is his defence is quite reliable as well and only 19 ? Must keep long term along with Haumole and Schuster

Very true and it's up to the halves to get Koula into some good space. It annoys me that we have Saab who is quick but our halves and centres can't create space for him to score that try.

Sea eagle backs are meant to fly and Koula soared through a gap and in the blink of an eyes he was in for thrilling a try !

Speed is cocaine on the footy field and commentators and fans were intoxicated by Koula

Great clubs are made Great by Great players and Koula is one of the Great players that will take us to Greatness

Very true and it's up to the halves to get Koula into some good space. It annoys me that we have Saab who is quick but our halves and centres can't create space for him to score that try.
Koula does not need any one to set him up . He is just like Turbo Tom He does it all himself ;)

The fact he is so quick of the mark really helps him defensively too.
You are 100% correct there feathered friend

as slow is not only a liability in attack but slow is also a liability in defence

You simply can not stop and tackle a player you can not catch

It has been said many times and in all sporting codes that there is no Substitute for speed

The Super Sonic Thunder bird Manly Sea eagle Koula !

1655079525511.png

This kid has real talent & has speed to burn. Not many come along with both. Hope he is a lifer at Manly.
Good point . He is still only a Kid

One can only wonder how much greater he will become when he eventually grows up

He does have real talent and speed to burn and those qualities can only take you so far

He also has another great attribute that is essential in developing into a Great player

and that is he has a great Attitude . He seems like a very Humble and Grateful kid

Koula does not need any one to set him up . He is just like Turbo Tom He does it all himself ;)
And that's the problem against the top teams when you get marked. The halves need to create those gaps so our fast guns can take advantage of the play. You can't just keep on passing the ball to Turbo and Koula to create something out of nothing.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4