The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Its more than just lacking fire .Its also about lacking ability to compete at NRL level
Many of the Storm players lack ability but are drilled hard to perform their role for the betterment of the team.

They train harder in ever facet of the game, study the science better than most teams and mentally pushed hard before they are signed into first grade to filter out the weak.

Wouldn't even surprise me that new players joining the first grade squad have to perform a dangerous wrestle or tackle as part of the initiation---sort of like Skull and Bones "take one for the team".

Many of the Storm players lack ability but are drilled hard to perform their role for the betterment of the team.

They train harder in ever facet of the game, study the science better than most teams and mentally pushed hard before they are signed into first grade to filter out the weak.

Wouldn't even surprise me that new players joining the first grade squad have to perform a dangerous wrestle or tackle as part of the initiation---sort of like Skull and Bones "take one for the team".
All players have a level of ability and it has been evident over the years the Storm shrewdly hand pick the ones that become big stars without paying big money for them as the Storm have not signed a big money players for ages

All players have a level of ability and it has been evident over the years the Storm shrewdly hand pick the ones that become big stars without paying big money for them as the Storm have not signed a big money players for ages
Then have to pay overs on a whole group of players to retain(as most players would prefer to return home on big money) because other clubs want the finished product without investing time themselves into developing untapped potential.

Bellamy is the best coach the game has seen by far, but it is good to see over the last 5yrs coaching has improved in general, before that not many coaches i rated that is for sure.

Then have to pay overs on a whole group of players to retain(as most players would prefer to return home on big money) because other clubs want the finished product without investing time themselves into developing untapped potential.

Bellamy is the best coach the game has seen by far, but it is good to see over the last 5yrs coaching has improved in general, before that not many coaches i rated that is for sure.
They have made the finals in the last 15 years and in those last 15 years great players have retired or left for bigger money and they are replaced by quality hand picked players that have the ability to become great competitors . Yes Bellamy is a very clever coach

A lot of doubt being held over turning Foz into a #9. Let's remember that Manly has a long recent history of turning halves into hooker.
Des himself in the early to mid 90s
Tooves in the late 90s
Monaghan in the mid 2000s.
They were all great successes and prolonged their careers. I have a feeling if/when Fainu comes back that Foz will play there with Cust. Schuster is going to be that necessary Xfactor at 5/8.

A lot of doubt being held over turning Foz into a #9. Let's remember that Manly has a long recent history of turning halves into hooker.
Des himself in the early to mid 90s
Tooves in the late 90s
Monaghan in the mid 2000s.
They were all great successes and prolonged their careers. I have a feeling if/when Fainu comes back that Foz will play there with Cust. Schuster is going to be that necessary Xfactor at 5/8.

Well we don't have any bona fide 9's so Des obviously has some plan for next year.
I'd be happy for Foz to have a crack at 9.

Foz has the footy brain and skills to be an excellent 9, I'm worried about a lack of speed.

He will also spend at least half the season injured so hopefully we will get Fainu back after July.

Foz has the footy brain and skills to be an excellent 9, I'm worried about a lack of speed.

He will also spend at least half the season injured so hopefully we will get Fainu back after July.
I'm not sure you really need a speedy hooker. Yes, the fast game opens up and can suit a fast 9 but some of the best 9s in the game are slower than my grandma. Smith, Grant, Api, Friend, the Eels hooker ?forgot his name) Hodgson. Actually when you really look at it the top sides are dominated by slower hookers. Its more important to have a smart hooker with vision than a quick 9.

I'm not sure you really need a speedy hooker. Yes, the fast game opens up and can suit a fast 9 but some of the best 9s in the game are slower than my grandma. Smith, Grant, Api, Friend, the Eels hooker ?forgot his name) Hodgson. Actually when you really look at it the top sides are dominated by slower hookers. Its more important to have a smart hooker with vision than a quick 9.
Api looks pretty quick to me when he darts out but I suppose that could just be good decision making. I take your point though. Clean service and smart decision making really help to get the attack on the front foot. I still think that hooker is the single most costly position to have a below average player in.

He's back baby!
Screenshot_20201120-161841_Samsung Internet.jpg

Welcome back brother! Some may not have wanted Foran to return but he is here now so let's get behind him and hopefully the man can win you all back over with some great footy!
Go Manly! Back to the finals 2021

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4