The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Today Kieran Foran has been awarded by Canterbury Chihuahuas most valuable player of the year. Even though he only played a handfull of games this year.

I wouldn't read too much into it. It's just that he ended up here so he has to say something like that. Imagine if he'd said "It was my last option and I need a paycheck so Manly it is." Wouldn't go down too well I reckon.
It wouldn’t. But it’d be closer to the truth than the b/s he sprouted.

• 👍
Reactions: Ned
It’s all your fault Biff. You started the party for him, and now he’s here.
You are either going to be blessed upon, or hated upon depending on Forans time on the field.
Hopefully the former, for all our sakes.
Haha yes i did! It just made sense really. Des loves Foran he's on the market for cheap as chips. He's a great player and will give us much needed experience and guidance

Last edited:
The idea of Foran playing at 9 is growing on me. Watched the tigers game and everything they do starts with Grant. We had nothing at hooker this year except a deer in headlights.

At least with Foran he can direct the team around, have a smart passing and kicking game, will take the ball to the line etc. Yes will have to do more defence, hopefully his body holds up. Could turn out to be a masterstroke? Wait and see
I don't think the plan is for Foran to be a traditional 9 if Walker is retained at 5/8. I think at the start Foran will come on off the interchange after 20 and only partially play the hooker role with a starter filling in also, giving Foran the freedom to be the third option ball player and allowing Manly to have several options.

Might also mix it up and have Walker and Foran designated with left and right side hooker duties, forcing DCE to play more central and using each as 5/8's depending on what side the movement starts.(so at all times we have two halves in play)

Will take a lot of work in the off season to get that complicated mix right though and have it gel as you are asking a few players to take on several roles and to always be on alert---high risk of disjointedness but could be a game changer having so many ball playing attacking options on the field at all times.

The main benefit of this system is that both Walker and Foran can take the line on and be tackled with the ball, and not just always play before the line wanting to be available for the next play---having two halves on call at any one time.

I don't think the plan is for Foran to be a traditional 9 if Walker is retained at 5/8. I think at the start Foran will come on off the interchange after 20 and only partially play the hooker role with a starter filling in also, giving Foran the freedom to be the third option ball player and allowing Manly to have several options.

Might also mix it up and have Walker and Foran designated with left and right side hooker duties, forcing DCE to play more central and using each as 5/8's depending on what side the movement starts.(so at all times we have two halves in play)

Will take a lot of work in the off season to get that complicated mix right though and have it gel as you are asking a few players to take on several roles and to always be on alert---high risk of disjointedness but could be a game changer having so many ball playing attacking options on the field at all times.

The main benefit of this system is that both Walker and Foran can take the line on and be tackled with the ball, and not just always play before the line wanting to be available for the next play---always having two halves on call at any one time.
Walker? I’m pretty sure he will be in the centres.

Walker? I’m pretty sure he will be in the centres.
I'm not totally convinced about that---i think Walker has shown enough at 5/8 to be a hybrid 5/8/Centre, not just limited to a line running centre waiting for service.

Walker won't stick around if he plays a traditional centre role, along with i'm not convinced Forans body will stand up long term anyway, this system affords the best of both worlds, is flexible and you can always revert back to more traditional roles if injuries hit.

More mobile back rowers chiming in as they do anyway out wide running center like lines but a little more central than a traditional center---not always having the 5/8 pinned in that outer third corridor that tends to get predictable due to a lack of space and options.

Last edited:
I'm not totally convinced about that---i think Walker has shown enough at 5/8 to be a hybrid 5/8/Centre, not just limited to a line running centre waiting for service.

Walker won't stick around if he plays a traditional centre role, along with i'm not convinced Forans body will stand up long term anyway, this system affords the best of both worlds, is flexible and you can always revert back to more traditional roles if injuries hit.
Walker will play center.. this is the way

If Bradley Parker is center round 1 next season i will spit chups

Ps foran and JS. Two actually 5/8s :)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4