The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We need a Kieran Foran type player who can do the same job that Ben Kennedy did to the young team we had in the early to mid 2000’s. We had a relatively young team then and it was his experience that helped them to develop into one of the best Manly teams ever.
These young players have just as much potential now but they need a leader who can show them the way. DCE is not the player to do it as he is too much of an instinctive player and too much an individual. I’m sure the young players would look so much better with Foran or a Foran type leader that would just calm them down when the going gets tough.

The big questions to be answered are will we get Fozzy. Can we afford to pay what he feels he’s worth. What other underperforming teams are after a proven play maker (the Broncos perhaps). Can he stay on the field and can his body take the strain.

If all of the answers are in our favour than Fozzy could be the heads up playmaker we’ve lacked since Green left. Direction and leadership are the key to turning marginal players into champions. Look at the also rans and B graders who have benefited from playing with the hated Cam Smith.

I had expected Cust to blossom into that play maker this year but, sadly, it appears I was wrong.

The biggest question for foran is longjevity. Coming to manly he will have to be the man. I presume at a million bucks a season he understood his position , but at 300k and battered id be inclined to go to a club with reasonable support

His competitivness once kick off will ensure he goes hard and after watching turbo do the same and cherry just watching on i would be mighty concerned personally if i was the foz

His injury history sort of dictates his price gamble but if he does have a good season he will be carrying the load and being battered from pillar to post

I have no doubt that if we had a spine of fainu, cherry , foz and turbo , that cherry would be the least influential playing backup to the opportunities made for him and conserving his body in the process

Id love foz back but if i was him i would give us a wide berth .

We need a Kieran Foran type player who can do the same job that Ben Kennedy did to the young team we had in the early to mid 2000’s. We had a relatively young team then and it was his experience that helped them to develop into one of the best Manly teams ever.
These young players have just as much potential now but they need a leader who can show them the way. DCE is not the player to do it as he is too much of an instinctive player and too much an individual. I’m sure the young players would look so much better with Foran or a Foran type leader that would just calm them down when the going gets tough.
Yep! That what the dogs said at the start of this season!

just sayin’

Danny Weidler

Kieran Foran is being strongly linked with a return to the Sea Eagles, but Manly have moved quickly to deny suggestions they will be given outside help to bring him back to the northern beaches.

The Sea Eagles have had to fend off suggestions that the passing of much-loved supporter Brenda Duchen would result in Foran’s homecoming being fast-tracked. Duchen was a huge Foran fan and backed him as a sponsor when he was at the club from 2009-15.

Manly refused to comment on my information that Duchen’s family was about to make a donation to their foundation. They say those dealings are confidential, but made it clear any donation would not carry a caveat that Foran must be signed.
‘‘First of all, I want to say that Brenda was a hugely respected and loved person at our club and we would like to honour her in an appropriate way,’’ Manly chief executive Stephen Humphreys said.

‘‘What transpires between her family and the club is confidential. We do not comment on who donates what to our foundation. That’s between the individual and the club. What I will say is that there is no link between anything that may happen and any player being signed by our club. That can’t happen.’’
Duchen was a highly respected figure in the legal fraternity. She had close relationships with Foran, Api Koroisau and Dylan Walker.
Foran this week paid tribute to her on Instagram.
‘‘I want her family to know how much I respect her,’’ he said. ‘‘We always talked about me going back to Manly and she would ask me all the time if I could make it happen. Obviously if things fell into place and I ended up there again she would be in my thoughts every day I was there. I know it’s what she wanted and of course the move has appeal to me. I don’t know if it’s possible. It would be a lovely way for me to honour her memory and her contribution to my life.’’
The pending departure of Addin Fonua-Blake will free up room in the Sea Eagles’ salary cap for Foran to finish up at Manly, but a deal is yet to be struck.

Sorry but I find this latest ploy by foran quite disrespectful and disgusting, he is out of options to get a contract and is now using a respected deceased Manly supporter to get people to believe he loves Manly - shame on you foran

The biggest question for foran is longjevity. Coming to manly he will have to be the man. I presume at a million bucks a season he understood his position , but at 300k and battered id be inclined to go to a club with reasonable support

His competitivness once kick off will ensure he goes hard and after watching turbo do the same and cherry just watching on i would be mighty concerned personally if i was the foz

His injury history sort of dictates his price gamble but if he does have a good season he will be carrying the load and being battered from pillar to post

I have no doubt that if we had a spine of fainu, cherry , foz and turbo , that cherry would be the least influential playing backup to the opportunities made for him and conserving his body in the process

Id love foz back but if i was him i would give us a wide berth .

B.S. DCE is having another good season despite not having a spine. Look at Moses lately, supposed to be the best half on million dollars, he has been very, very average. All the top halfs have support except DCE who has to play 5/8 and half and do all the attacking and kicks, and defends like a back rower and only one who tries for 80 mins. That's why he gets paid a million. Look at Munster, he doesn't do any game management he just is allowed to run because cam Smith does it all. Cleary has API and Jerome killing it along side him. Souths have Walker, and Reynolds and Cook sharing the play making. Even Tigers have options at half and hooker. Manly has Levi and Crocker! DCE is still second on try assists in 2020. Some of the effort by some of the players around him is very avg. It's a team sport, yet Manly are not playing as a unit and too inconsistent, including DCE who was too impatient yesterday. I feel with a decent 9 and 6 and healthy Tom and a winger who can slide and the team will look so much better.

Foran's body would take an absolute hammering at 9. You pretty much have to be the fittest player in the team to play there. He'd last one game at 9 with those shoulders of his. Also, his best quality is taking the ball into the line to attract defenders...something that he won't be able to do from 9. Silly idea.
100%. We need to strengthen the defence there, not weaken it. Levi's first contact sends him 5m backwards compared to last year API would chop players down!

I think defence in the middle has shown how much we have missed API and a solid 9 defending around the ruck. That and our outside backs rush up, but then cannot slide.

Fix that will go along way to improving the side. That and just effort plays, even after a solid run we are so slow to play the ball! Opposition makes a break, so slow to react. Our defence against kicks is worst in comp.

Foran's body would take an absolute hammering at 9. You pretty much have to be the fittest player in the team to play there. He'd last one game at 9 with those shoulders of his. Also, his best quality is taking the ball into the line to attract defenders...something that he won't be able to do from 9. Silly idea.
Do you know if we are in talks with him? If so for how long and how much? Cheers. Good to have you back

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4