The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can’t believe I’m saying this but maybe Foran would make a reasonable hooker????
Passes well, kicks well, would be pretty good out of dummy half, would know what’s going on before most others & would be less prone to injury??? Aka Cam Smith!!!! Imagine DCE, Schuster & Foz on the field together!!! Just sayin’........
Tom
Harper
Walker
Suli
Funa
Schuster
DCE
AFB
Foz
Marty
Olakau’atu
Siro
Jake
Res: Cust, Paseka, Keppie, Gosiewski

Last edited:
I can’t believe I’m saying this but maybe Foran would make a reasonable hooker????
Passes well, kicks well, would be pretty good out of dummy half, would know what’s going on before most others & would be less prone to injury??? Aka Cam Smith!!!! Imagine DCE, Schuster & Foz on the field together!!! Just sayin’........
Tom
Harper
Walker
Suli
Funa
Schuster
DCE
AFB
Foz
Marty
Olakau’atu
Siro
Jake
Yeah and only need 40 mins a game out of him. Could work. Gotta be better than Levi

THREE-WAY RACE FOR FORAN

The chances of veteran five-eighth Kieran Foran staying put at the Bulldogs are slim to none after the club signed Blake Green.

But the 30-year-old, who underwent surgery earlier this week on a torn pec, believes he still has a few years left in him.

He has previously been linked to the Knights, to play alongside close friend Mitchell Pearce and the Broncos who are desperate for an experience playmaker.

However, The Australian’s Brent Read believes Manly are actually the frontrunners for Foran’s signature.

Foran’s career started at the Sea Eagles, who he played seven seasons with, and he has a good relationship with coach Des Hasler.

While Foran is aware he is not in a position to be fussy, Read believes if given the option Foran will stay in New South Wales.

“I think Kieran has settled on the Central Coast. He’s got his wife and kids up there but he’s also got kids with his former partner in Manly, so I think it would be hard for Kieran,” Read told Triple M.

“I think he would go if Brisbane came to the table and he didn’t have a choice but I think the wildcard is Manly, I really do.

Confirmation that playing rosters will stay at 30 next season is a huge win for Foran, meaning he won’t be forced out of the NRL, or into retirement, because interested clubs don’t have the roster space. Manly are reportedly keeping a close eye on his situation now that they know how much room they have.

“I know they sort of downplayed it but I know for a fact that Manly are monitoring the Kieran Foran situation, they’re watching it but now that the news has come out (the roster sizes) are going to stay at 30, they don’t have a lot money to spend but Kieran’s not going to cost a lot of money and he knows that,” Read said.

“I’ve spoken to (Foran) in the last few days about it and going back to Manly is something he would love... he’s got great memories of the club, he loves Des and I reckon that’s the one you’ve got to watch in this.

“There’s talk about Newcastle and there’s talk about Brisbane but I think Manly are the real wildcards here and I think they’re keeping a close eye and are very much in the mix. He’d be great for young (Josh) Schuster to learn off, he’d be perfect depth and the perfect player to play alongside Daly Cherry-Evans again.”

Tom
Harper
Walker
Suli
Funa
Schuster
DCE
AFB
Foz
Marty
Olakau’atu
Siro
Jake
agreed

“I’ve spoken to (Foran) in the last few days about it and going back to Manly is something he would love... he’s got great memories of the club, he loves Des " .....
Pass me the sick bag. Now!

I'm not sure what Foz offers us ?? If they see Schuster as the long term answer at 6 then let's just bite the bullet and play the guy there - I don't see the point having him on the bench behind Foran.

As far as an option at hooker, well it's not the worst idea getting around - but i can't see Foran signing to play hooker. And if we sign him as a bench utility where does that leave Cust who just recently extended his contract ?? Foran as starting hooker instead of Levi I could live with as there is not much difference in $$$ if we don't resign Levi. We only need to fill a hole for another season by which time we will know what is happening with Manase

I'm not sure what Foz offers us ?? If they see Schuster as the long term answer at 6 then let's just bite the bullet and play the guy there - I don't see the point having him on the bench behind Foran.

As far as an option at hooker, well it's not the worst idea getting around - but i can't see Foran signing to play hooker. And if we sign him as a bench utility where does that leave Cust who just recently extended his contract ?? Foran as starting hooker instead of Levi I could live with as there is not much difference in $$$ if we don't resign Levi. We only need to fill a hole for another season by which time we will know what is happening with Manase
Why would you sign an injury prone,30+ year old to play a position he’s never played and more than double his tackle count?

Why would you sign an injury prone,30+ year old to play a position he’s never played and more than double his tackle count?
I'm just working on the theory that you are paying money for his footy experience, competitiveness and skill set. Which if it comes at a cheap enough rate is an upside to Levi. You are 100% right that it's his injury history that is the risk here, and throwing him into the middle and upping his defensive workload will increase that risk. Foran is a tough enough SOB and can tackle, so it won't be for lack of trying - just a matter of whether his body is as willing as his mind. For 12 months till we sort out Fainu's situation, and at the right price, then I'd give it a go.

I have a feeling that its going to be Cust either pushed into the #14 bench role, or if Fainu isn't available then he may be an option for hooker, seeing as it was his position before the U/20's.

Foran back at Manly would undoubtedly be the 5/8 alongside DCE, provided he's not out injured. But what then for Schuster? Lock is an option, but that would mean moving Jake and unless he goes back to the front row, I can't see that happening.

Interesting times ahead.

I don't understand this "Manly in the hunt for Kieran Foran" rubbish? He was a great player in his prime but he's ****ing beyond busted, the bloke should be cheering to get a 1 year minimum wage contract if he's serious about staying in a playing role with any club, let alone us.

Anything less than Schuster starting 6 with Foran playing off the bench or reserves is criminal.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6