The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So they go in with their heads in a mess, lose by a ****load, sign with the other clubs, and come out the next week and destroy the Storm.

I truly doubt ANY player would make a decision based on the result of one game, sorry UP but that's a load of shyte.

Well I couldn't find the smiley face emoticon but I have now :)

Agreed without DCE playing we look lost. I've seen numerous games where Foran goes missing. Throw the checkbook at DCE he's our future.

As much as I love foz. I have to agree. With Foran still not announcing anything maybe we need to take his offer off the table and match the Gold Coast offer for DCE and tie him up. DCE is probably less easily replaced than Foran due to his game winning ability

At this stage I'm at the position on we should only keep one. We can't afford both long term without completely sacrificing depth. With that said, keep DCE. We can replace Foz with a solid player from either reggies or U20s. Tell Foz he has 24hrs to decide then pull the deal if he doesn't sign. Then move on.

DCE is far more important.. both have acted poorly in these contract negotiations for different reasons.. and they may have had their reasons for leaving/acting that way. I dont really care to be honest. I just want it over with now. DCE in my opinion is far more important. His kicking kick alone is crucial to the way we play as our forwards dont make enough metres and he makes up for it with his long kicking game. He has more spark and can create something from nothing. Foran is a tough player and as added some nice plays to his attacking game but i think is very replaceable and is not worth 900k +. Storm did the same.. kept Cronk and rotate their 5/8's.

The other main reason is that there are much better 5/8's on the market. Maloney Sezer are good options.. who would take half of what Foran wants and we can spend the money elsewhere. Who is available as a half back? Sandow?

I wouldnt mind going after the Titans Elgey for messing with us. Possibly groom him into a 5/8 role next to DCE. Keeping both.. is ideal but it wont make sense financially under salary cap rules. 2 million on two players makes it hard. By all accounts Foran agreed a while back and it wouldnt suprise me as he was upset last season and a few of his mates have left.

I think of this like the Bali nine pair. Why they are still alive there is hope.

Why the manly pair haven't signed elsewhere there is hope. If they wanted out they would have done it by now. They very well know it's DOOM and SPOON to go elsewhere.

Why would that cross his mind If he backs his own ability? Foran is about the challenge and testing himself. manlys team has changed before everyone's eyes. If he leaves we rebuild he if he stays we still will still rebuild. We are an appealing club with a winning culture. This will not hange.

Nice first post and welcome aboard!!

Interesting take on it from SMH. Lot more under the surface than just the players chasing cash.

Labyrinth of Eels

It would take the skill of Sherlock Holmes to unravel the political battle lines being drawn up in the seemingly never-ending power games at the Parramatta Eels. If Kieran Foran thought Manly could blue in the boardroom he needs to know he has the potential to be a political pawn in the Parramatta cesspool. If Brad Arthur delivers Foran to Parramatta he will be the king among the fans and playing group but not necessarily with the incumbent board of the cashed-up Parramatta Leagues Club. There is a key group who want ex-coach Daniel Anderson back. Anderson is currently sitting on Arthur's shoulder as coaching director. That can't be easy. It wouldn't surprise if Foran has a clause in his contract that he can walk if Arthur is replaced as coach.

It is a similar situation with Anthony Watmough's contract. That won't deter the push for Anderson – a man the players really enjoy being coached by. Straight-up success is what is required for Arthur. He had four games to wrap up a final spot with Jarryd Hayne last year and couldn't get the win when it mattered and that gives his enemies ammunition to replace him. Arthur's agent got a new deal in October but is trying to get an upgrade. That's part of the double play going on — where Foran is being used. Both Daly Cherry-Evans and Arthur share the same management company. In pushing for an upgraded deal for Arthur, they are saying the only hope Parramatta have of securing Foran is if he is the coach. It suits them for Foran – a player they don't manage — to be linked to the Eels while they push for more money for the coach. By putting forward the line that Foran is Parramatta-bound, which is a definite chance of happening, there is suddenly more desperation to sign their other client, Cherry-Evans – and if Manly think Foran is departing, there is more money available for Cherry-Evans. When Fairfax Media ran a story saying that Foran had signed, the Eels went into meltdown. They are trying to provide evidence they had nothing to do with that story appearing.

Wow this is a truly machiavellian drama.

I was hoping that the story that Foran had signed with the Eels made the papers would work in our favour, as he was obviously trying to keep it all as low key as possible. Perfect timing for the leak on the eve of our season launch, designed to cause him maximum embarrassment and annoyance with Parra......but I wonder where the story actually came from.

As for this

That won't deter the push for Anderson – a man the players really enjoy being coached by.

surely there could be no coach more popular than Supercocah Arthur ??

I'm in the "whatever will be will be" camp now.

No more comments from me, everything that could be said has been said, and what's being said (still) is adding zero to the story.

Ok, back to my coffee!!

For some reason I had always seen Foran as our future captain because he plays tough and comes across as "old school" like Gift and Matai.

Probably like many of us, I am ridiculously checking in here and on other websites every few minutes for news. I am on the road for the next couple of days, in areas with cruddy phone and internet coverage, so I fully suspect there will be an announcement tomorrow or Wednesday.

If both are leaving the least they owe us is 2 tell us so we can get into the market early target the players we want. The longer they drag it out it damages our recruitment and like it or not as we have seen with the Merrin deal we need 2 be in the market today.

Begrudgingly, I'm starting to think the same thing about both our halves.
Yeah I don't think DCE would be any better in the decision making process. Picture this it is 4 mins to go 2 points will even up the game and put it into extra time if the conversion is successful DCE is thinking if we go for goal and miss I have made the wrong decision if I go for touch they will have an organised defence line if I take a quick tap then I might make a gap and score. The ref comes over to DCE and reminds him that there is only 4 mins to go and he only has 3 options he's thinking what is in the best interest of his family , the clock is ticking down he confused he goes I know what I will do I will play scissors ,paper,rock but is it the best out of one or the best out of 3 games .the ref blows full time game over!!!

If both are leaving the least they owe us is 2 tell us so we can get into the market early target the players we want. The longer they drag it out it damages our recruitment and like it or not as we have seen with the Merrin deal we need 2 be in the market today.

I agree, but I am glad we are not in the market for Trent Merrin. I have a number of relatives that support the Dragons, and the majority of Dragons fans are glad to see the back of him. Overpriced, overrated, and only turns up when the team are playing nuffies like the Slime. He won't tuck the ball under his arm and drag his team out of the danger zone, but when the score is flattering, he'll put on a bit of footwork and throw a miracle offload.

We need a wrecking ball with aggression to take the hard yards up the guts, not a rockstar.

I agree, but I am glad we are not in the market for Trent Merrin. I have a number of relatives that support the Dragons, and the majority of Dragons fans are glad to see the back of him. Overpriced, overrated, and only turns up when the team are playing nuffies like the Slime. He won't tuck the ball under his arm and drag his team out of the danger zone, but when the score is flattering, he'll put on a bit of footwork and throw a miracle offload.

We need a wrecking ball with aggression to take the hard yards up the guts, not a rockstar.

Yeah I agree 750k for Merrin leave me out of that thanks

Foran's deal was done months ago. He will just have people believing that wasn't the case when the "it was the toughest decision of my life" stories start circulating.

Completely wasting everyone's time and resources. Or do people not think it's strange that there are no stories about him visiting prospective clubs etc?

Foran's deal was done months ago. He will just have people believing that wasn't the case when the "it was the toughest decision of my life" stories start circulating.

Completely wasting everyone's time and resources. Or do people not think it's strange that there are no stories about him visiting prospective clubs etc?
If true, has Manly withdrawn its offer to him?
If true, Manly would be sizing up Sezer.

As much as I would love to proven wrong, all signs point to Foran being gone. When you pair up the newspaper leaks, the "no comment" at the launch, and the "no decision this week" angle, all signs point to goodbye Kieran.

I honestly cannot fathom what he would see in a club like the Eels? It's got me beat. The Slime are a close third behind the Titans and Sharks for biggest rabble in the league. They won back to back wooden spoons only a year ago, and after finishing 10th and losing their only marquee player, somehow they are "on the up". OK, maybe they won't be spooners anymore, but they're hardly knocking on the door for a premiership.

I would prefer he goes to the Slime than the Dogs though. Dogs supporters are even more arrogant and full of it than Slime fans, and the last thing I want to see is Des win a competition in blue and white with Foran at his side...YUK!

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8