The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
niccipops said:
the mauler said:
What, cauz the Lurker or whatever his name tosses one up we turn in Foz??
Give me a break.

Not turning on Foz at all. I hate losing any of our players but I"m starting to develop a feeling of indifference towards any player who is not 100% committed to Manly. I'm not saying this is the case with Kieran but as a club we need to move on from this year.

The world against Manly is fine. No one likes us we don't care.
Manly against Manly isn't good at all though.

No one likes Manly not even Manly likes Manly

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
Berkeley_Eagle said:
No one likes Manly not even Manly likes Manly
Keep the hate coming from the outside. Unite on the inside and we'll win another premiership soon.:)

eagle40

Reserve Grader
Mavin said:
tookey said:
If he is going at the end of next year does this mean we have to put up with a season okf apathetic football from him like his last few games?

If he plays next year like he finished 2014 he will be spending time in 2015 with Willo.

That's the thing I think he will leave with all his 1 day I love the club the next day I don't know. This and DCE's contract has the potential to derail next season. The club need to sort it now do we know were we stand. If they both stay 1 stay's neither stay's we need to be planning our recruitment strategy on that.

Mavin, the best way to get a release from your
contract is to feed the media, Choc comes to mind. Do you think this mighty Club would want
a 700k player running around in reggies. If Foran signs with another club for 2016 onwards, do you think you would grant a release for 2015 and chase another player ?
I've said in a previous post four players looking to get out, as well as Gift equals 5.

Mavin

Bencher
eagle40 said:
Mavin said:
tookey said:
If he is going at the end of next year does this mean we have to put up with a season okf apathetic football from him like his last few games?

If he plays next year like he finished 2014 he will be spending time in 2015 with Willo.

That's the thing I think he will leave with all his 1 day I love the club the next day I don't know. This and DCE's contract has the potential to derail next season. The club need to sort it now do we know were we stand. If they both stay 1 stay's neither stay's we need to be planning our recruitment strategy on that.

contract is to feed the media, Choc comes to mind. Do you think this mighty Club would want
a 700k player running around in reggies. If Foran signs with another club for 2016 onwards, do you think you would grant a release for 2015 and chase another player ?
I've said in a previous post four players looking to get out, as well as Gift equals 5.
I agree it has come to the point that cards have to be put on the table and if players want out we let them go. The point is will the club have the gut's to put a deadline on offers to these players? I'm hoping the club has a plan a b and c.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
We'll be right. There's plenty of competent 5/8s around.
Maybe Bailey is coming off contract?
Witt.
Travis Burns!

If worse comes to worse and DCE and Foran leave I wonder what Adam Brown and Adam Hayden are doing at the moment.

eagle40

Reserve Grader
eagle40 said:
Mavin said:
tookey said:

I'm sure this is all new territory for the Administration, they would be working overtime on strategies. We'll come thru this, it's actually exciting times. Go Manly

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
Ron E. Gibbs said:
Mavin said:
If worse comes to worse and DCE and Foran leave I wonder what Adam Brown and Adam Hayden are doing at the moment.

Glad I'm not the only one who remembers the bad old days of "The Adam Bombs"…

Jason Ferris is out of the clink and Craig Field is still out on bail. I reckon they could strike up a good combo with Russell Packer if those rumours are true.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If Choc / Skivvy / Snake / Fozzie leave, as well as the already confirmed departure of Gift, then it is indeed the start of a new era and a new rebuild , but what it would do is give us some serious spare cap to be chasing some big names when off contract .

Not that I want us buying a comp but times have changed and players just move for the money these days, so why not join the others!!

faithful

Reserve Grader
Mark from Brisbane said:
If Choc / Skivvy / Snake / Fozzie leave, as well as the already confirmed departure of Gift, then it is indeed the start of a new era and a new rebuild , but what it would do is give us some serious spare cap to be chasing some big names when off contract .

Not that I want us buying a comp but times have changed and players just move for the money these days, so why not join the others!!

Yes players will leave but very correct players will be on the market from other clubs like Penrith who admit they will not keep everyone from the team that is playing at the moment , lets just wait and see what happens Manly forever.

Mavin

Bencher
Mark from Brisbane said:
The " Lurker " is on the job again, says if Chic goes we will lose Snake and Skivvy.

The cupboard may be a bit bare in 2015!!

When is this Lurker going to break a real exclusive? This has all been speculated for months and it is now coming to a head. The Lurker is acting like it's all new news. Will someone wake me up when something actually happens?

Ryan

Journey Man
Awesome, so we'd lose:-

01. Brett Stewart
03. Steve Matai
11. Anthony Watmough
13. Glenn Stewart
15. Jason King

18. Daniel Harrison
19. David Williams

David Perry needs to sort this out as soon as possible, so we can make plans for next season. If I'm him, I'm also sitting Foran down and saying, "make a choice".

If he wants out, fark him off too. Should make our ability to snare a player or two pretty good.

We are in a league where you need to be bigger and faster. This gives us an opportunity to become just that.

Perfect timing.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Ryan said:
Awesome, so we'd lose:-

David Perry needs to sort this out as soon as possible, so we can 01. Brett Stewart
03. Steve Matai
11. Anthony Watmough
13. Glenn Stewart
15. Jason King

18. Daniel Harrison
19. David Williamsmake plans for next season. If I'm him, I'm also sitting Foran down and saying, "make a choice".

If he wants out, fark him off too. Should make our ability to snare a player or two pretty good.

We are in a league where you need to be bigger and faster. This gives us an opportunity to become just that.

Perfect timing.

01. Brett Stewart - Gutherson / Hiku / T Trbojevic
03. Steve Matai - Hiku / Satini
11. Anthony Watmough - Lui/JSL
13. Glenn Stewart - Buhrer
15. Jason King - J Trbojevic

18. Daniel Harrison - Leary/Chee Kam
19. David Williams - Blair/ Berryman

Then we've got a couple of $million left over to purchase some pace and forward power. Makes sense to ditch them now while their worth something for some other club to buy out their contracts and then some.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
mickqld said:
01. Brett Stewart - Gutherson / Hiku / T Trbojevic
03. Steve Matai - Hiku / Satini
11. Anthony Watmough - Lui/JSL
13. Glenn Stewart - Buhrer
15. Jason King - J Trbojevic

18. Daniel Harrison - Leary/Chee Kam
19. David Williams - Blair/ Berryman

With due respect to the replacements, at least the first 4 of those changes are massive steps backwards (at least in the short term). We need to keep at least 1 of Snake/Skivi (preferably both).

Haz88

Reserve Grader
If you lose the caliber of players its reported that we might, it cannot be expected the very next season to finish where we did with these players in our squad.

It will be a transition faze and we may as well start it now, short term yeah it might not be immediate success however in a couple of years we will be ahead of the game and dominating yet again.

Guys like Gutho, Jake T will be awesome but they will need a couple of years to shine in the NRL, up until then they will be solid and learning their craft. We cant expect them to set the world on fire next year or their first full season (if they do then that's great).

But again it all depends on who stays and who goes, if we keep Snake & Skivvi and can mix youth/experience there is no reason we cant go deep into the finals yet again, perhaps even all the way with an experienced front or backrow option

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 27 15