The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why should language that may have gay connotations need to be addressed or questioned?
Luckily im not easily offended otherwise something like this might make news headlines..

"man says jizz, another man claims its gay"

And then

"Innocent manly poster bullied and harassed"

To this

"Heinous villian charged and arrested for vilification of gays online"

Hahaha lucky we dont live in America or that could happen

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Why should language that may have gay connotations need to be addressed or questioned?
Why, on a footy forum should I have negative, personal comments put on me? Happy to discuss different sides of an argument but getting personal should be off limits but seems it's not.
Not very Jesus like is it?

Secondly why would people need objectify sports people to be some kind of sexual gratification? On a public forum. If it was talking about a female athlete it would be pulled up as way out of line, now somehow I'm the bad guy for noticing it and asking the question as to why.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Why, on a footy forum should I have negative, personal comments put on me? Happy to discuss different sides of an argument but getting personal should be off limits but seems it's not.

Secondly why would people need objectify sports people to be some kind of sexual gratification? On a public forum. If it was talking about a female athlete it would be pulled up as way out of line, now somehow I'm the bad guy for noticing it and asking the question as to why.
I don't really have any interest in whatever personal stouch yourself and Biff may have, and I don't care whether you are good/bad/right/wrong. I was just questioning why language with gay connotations needed to be addressed. The problem I have with the sexual objectification point you now raise is that you didn't actually make that point in your posts previously. You clearly made it about "gay stuff".

And I hear you. I understand you feel upset and personally attacked. That is the main reason most conflict arises on the forum.

Boo hiss boo! We boo villians and hiss at them! Boo hiss!

Sexual gratification? What an odd thing to say... My dude you are thinking into it too much.. no need to bring up Jesus amd change topic because you've been called out... boo..... hiss! :rofl:

manlyfan76

I don't really have any interest in whatever personal stouch yourself and Biff may have, and I don't care whether you are good/bad/right/wrong. I was just questioning why language with gay connotations needed to be addressed. The problem I have with the sexual objectification point you now raise is that you didn't actually make that point in your posts previously. You clearly made it about "gay stuff".

And I hear you. I understand you feel upset and personally attacked. That is the main reason most conflict arises on the forum.
I did not make that loins at that time as it needed further investigation before I made any assumptions.

47MVEagle

Bencher
What does “ incumbent “ even mean. What does it entitle Parker , Garrick Tafua to? We lose every week. Isn’t it obvious the incumbents are the problem.
The game is totally different to last year and the first two games. It’s a different beast.

These are the blokes who are being embarrassed out wide each week. Two are reserve graders and one is a good player well on the wane. None would be part of any other clubs first 17 plans.

To be honest I don’t care who replaces them. We KNOW they can’t do the job. Their replacements may fail but we DONT KNOW that yet.

If the three players above plus Waddell and Jestski are part of our best 17, Fainu is out and Hoppa goes we will probably get the spoon next year.

You dont know what "incumbent" means?

I just saw someone else use it in another thread & no one questioned it.

susan

Bencher
You dont know what "incumbent" means?

I just saw someone else use it in another thread & no one questioned it.
Sorry

Of course I know what it means. I worded it badly. I meant it in the sense that what does incumbency have to do with keeping your spot? If you are playing badly you get dropped. The fact you were picked there originally is irrelevant.
Incumbency in this case actually means they are part of the team getting beaten each week.Hardly improves the case for them to be selected.

Last edited:
Sorry

Of course I know what it means. I worded it badly. I meant it in the sense that what does incumbency have to do with keeping your spot? If you are playing badly you get dropped. The fact you were picked there originally is irrelevant.
Incumbency in this case actually means they are part of the team getting beaten each week.Hardly improves the case for them to be selected.
Hoppa to be recalled! Have we seen the end of Horhe Slowfua?? Oh please be the end of him!

KaZa

Bencher
Foran back? How romantic. No thanks. Not the way he left. Des wasn't bad enough coming back. Have we learnt nothing.

Give the kids a crack. Like the idea of Staggs even at Walkers expense.

1. Turbo
2. Hopoate
3. Staggs
4. Suli
5. Anyone but Jorge.
6. Metcalf
7. DCE
8. AFB
9. Cust
10. Tapau
11. Sironen
12. Turbo
13. Schuster

14. Levi
15. Keppoe
16. Guacamole
17. Take your pick.

Would like to see Ben Turbo get a bit more action next season too. Plus a few other youngsters. Would like us to try for Burton and Haines.

Brocky

Reserve Grader
Foran back? How romantic. No thanks. Not the way he left. Des wasn't bad enough coming back. Have we learnt nothing.

Give the kids a crack. Like the idea of Staggs even at Walkers expense.

1. Turbo
2. Hopoate
3. Staggs
4. Suli
5. Anyone but Jorge.
6. Metcalf
7. DCE
8. AFB
9. Cust
10. Tapau
11. Sironen
12. Turbo
13. Schuster

14. Levi
15. Keppoe
16. Guacamole
17. Take your pick.

Would like to see Ben Turbo get a bit more action next season too. Plus a few other youngsters. Would like us to try for Burton and Haines.
Can Foran bring Tolman with him?

manlyfan76

Has anybody considered that each time Foran signs a new deal (parra, nz, dogs) his first 3/4 of the contract he has done nothing, only stringing some games together as contract talk comes into it?
If this trend continues we would need to sign him for four years and 2023/24 would be when he started to play decent footy at 34/35 years old.

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
12 6 6 -39 14
12 6 6 -76 14