The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lots of things appear different in hindsight. When he made his decision to leave, the club was in turmoil and the future didn't look bright.

Now with the likelihood of a new coach and a stronger squad for next year, the clubs fortunes are looking good.

Chances are, if he'd had to make this decision next year, he probably would have stayed. However that wasn't the case.

The part that disappoints me the most about his decision to leave is; he chose to quit on the club. Manly was his his club. We were in trouble and we needed our leaders to stand firm and lead us to better days.

He's always been a "heart on the sleeve" type of player and every time his contract has come up, he's umm'd and arh'd before signing. In hindsight, I suppose it's no real surprise he left. I just can't cop this media crap that Manly didn't do enough to keep him.

For all of the good things he's done for the club, when the going got tough, he quit. For all his famed toughness, that will be his legacy.

There are still strong rumours that he regrets the move to parra. In terms of off field turmoil it is frying pan fire stuff and the eels will prob start next season at minus 4 points. Also big question mark over whether Dalai will even be coach. They don't even have a ceo and the board turmoil is not likely to stop anytime soon.

I think if he was making his decision now he would go to roosters or stay with us.

Chewy, i thought we DID make him a beast offer, and he was publicly our priority, even over DCE.

Wasn't our offer the same as The Slime, but he chose them because he thought Dalai could take his career to the next level?

He openly bragged about leaving as well, and wont even refute that fact when pressed on it in Q & A's.

Hey, I understand what you are saying, so won't criticise Foran any further for the sanity of everyone.

People know how i feel. Ill leave it well alone from now on.

Ryan ,What's doing ?
Ive been critical & left puzzled from some of your postings for ten odd years now.
This guy turns up & on his first day you back down & say you won't further criticize Foran.
As you say -This would be a boring site if we all shared the same respective opinions..
What have you done with the real Ryan ?.
I kind of feel cheated & puzzled again...
(or has my sarcasm detector just sh#t itself ?)

Last edited:
It may sound childish but last night I just felt pissed off with him for wanting to jump ship.
I guess that's because I know just how good a player he is...sorry Kieran but next year you're the sworn enemy and I hope we smash you !
Last night I thought he played like the Foran of old, if he can continue to stay fit maybe it's not impossible for us to scrape into the eight but at seasons end it's time to look to 2016, has anyone heard anything about his replacement ? Cornish maybe, I think he's made to partner DCE, all he needs is direction without the negative influences of Ricky Stewart, that man has ruined every half he's been associated with.

I have written negative stuff about Foran, not accepting the parra offer but what appeared to be his attitude and playing.
I'm pleased for him and the whole team for the display he put on last night.

Last night I thought he played like the Foran of old, if he can continue to stay fit maybe it's not impossible for us to scrape into the eight but at seasons end it's time to look to 2016, has anyone heard anything about his replacement ? Cornish maybe, I think he's made to partner DCE, all he needs is direction without the negative influences of Ricky Stewart, that man has ruined every half he's been associated with.

Blake Austin begs to differ

I have written negative stuff about Foran, not accepting the parra offer but what appeared to be his attitude and playing.
I'm pleased for him and the whole team for the display he put on last night.
I honestly don't think it was an attitude thing.I think it was a string of injuries on top of injuries,coupled by total lack of confidence.
Hopefully now he seems in good shape ,his confidence in his game will come back .You could actually see his belief in his game build yesterday ,as the game went on .

^ Agree. Hope he keeps it up and continues to play well for us while he's here. I still wish he'd stayed with us and I'm sure he'll have more regrets than Frank Sinatra as the years go by, but I'll never forget that he helped us win a premiership.

^ Jesus, they are. Always figured I had a doppelgänger out there somewhere. I just hoped he was somewhere in South America lying on a pristine beach with a woman not unlike Sofia Vergara. Not wasting his talents and life on a rugby league fan forum like me…

I'm not going to lie mate, as soon as a player turns their back on us, i DO admittedly completely turn against that player, so understand if yall get frustrated at my vitriol towards him.

Guess i just have that with, or against us mentality. Maybe thats prehistoric hahahah..maybe i care way too much as well.
Were you the same when players left the Bears?

This is what I don't get about the Foz hate:

1. The salary cap meant we had to let go of Foz or Chez

2. Based on performances, we (mostly) preferred to lose Foz and keep Chez

3. Blaming Foz for leaving is blaming him for doing EXACTLY what we want

This is what I don't get about the Foz hate:

1. The salary cap meant we had to let go of Foz or Chez

2. Based on performances, we (mostly) preferred to lose Foz and keep Chez

3. Blaming Foz for leaving is blaming him for doing EXACTLY what we want

Nobody is angry because he decided to leave. It was the scorched earth tactics he used when leaving - playing like crap, waiting until after DCE had left before signing with Parra (even though he knew well before then that he wanted to leave). He was mad at the club and wanted to damage it.

I think it's only now, that the grass doesn't look so good on the other side, that he wants to play for us again.

As I said in another thread, I know someone who knows one of his neighbours and apparently he is not at all happy with the impending move to Parra now.

I had a beer with the guy who is flatmates with his missus' hairdresser.
He's definately not happy about the situation at Parra.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8