The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RE: Foran close to agreeing on a new Manly deal

Above all he is a kid trying to do what is best for his future

As it stands if he gets a serious injury during the course of this next contract what are the chances of him playing again? Where is his future $$$ going to come from....and please do not peddle me the "he will be a manly legend forever" as we all see a number of first graders working

The amount of pressure on him is just a joke

lsz said:

As it stands if he gets a serious injury during the course of this next contract what are the chances of him playing again? Where is his future $$$ going to come from....and please do not peddle me the "he will be a manly legend forever" as we all see a number of first graders working

I cant imagine this pressure is doing his career any good atm. Probably playing on his mind. I hope he makes a decision soon, for his sake, and ours (hopefully its in manly colours).

lsz said:

Isz is right. Lets forget about the negotiations and concentrate on back to back.

Andrew johns quoted "foran was over the line for signing with manly" full stop, he was. He's now met tooves yesterday and des today, my guess is he's weighing up his options hopefully he sticks with us if not its sad to see him go but gives us a better chance of keeping others !

lsz said:

Sorry mate, I don't buy it- real pressure is trying to put a roof over the head of and food on the table for a young family with the average yearly income at around $60k- not deciding between (i am only guessing) $600k per year from Chihuahuas or $550k from the Premiers.

Keiran (if by some chance you have nothing better to do and are reading this) also needs to remember one thing- he will gain more respect from staying with Manly than going off anywhere else- similar to the way most league fans respected the decision by Cronk to stay with the Storm in a Teacup.

This could all comeback and slap up us in face, it's all just rumors ,( maybe strong ones )

I'm just thinking it would be rare an individual makes up his mind overnight.you know the decision your going to make.

My concern is that if he knew/knows what his doing . Man up admit it to the club & team
mates. Everyone moves on , and the club doesn't waste anymore time on the chance of losing other players . If this Is a delaying ploy by hasler/foran to upset the club before this vital game , and they swoop on trex as well. While foran was a done deal . well they deserve only to fail in whatever they
do from now on end

Haz88 said:
cliffylyons said:
Vyssini said:
EagleRock40 said:
Apparently it was a caller who rung MMM, after seeing Foran and Des at a coffee shop together early this morning.

Overheard at the above coffee shop (somewhere in Sydney)-

Foran: "Sorry Des, but I have decided to stay loyal to the club and not sell my soul for a few pieces of gold. I really believe we could develop a dynasty over the next few years that will be remembered for years to come."

Yeah, because that's what people say when offered a better job. 99% of people won't turn down a job with a larger pay. Hell if someone offered $50-$60k more a year for the same job, you'd be a nutcase to turn it down. People look down on players when they sign for a larger pay check, but you'd do the same thing for your career. :dodgy:

Yes that is true but the average joes arent on mega money so 50k or 60k is a major increase!! however these guys we are talking about are on the big $$ so surely after an increase with the club your at staying with the team you love your mates etc has to count for something

Are your mates gonna provide you with an extra $60k a year? $60k is $60k regardless of how much you earn. That's extra payments on a mortgage, maybe another holiday.

Vyssini said:
cliffylyons said:
Vyssini said:
EagleRock40 said:
Apparently it was a caller who rung MMM, after seeing Foran and Des at a coffee shop together early this morning.

Foran: "Sorry Des, but I have decided to stay loyal to the club and not sell my soul for a few pieces of gold. I really believe we could develop a dynasty over the next few years that will be remembered for years to come."

Yeah, because that's what people say when offered a better job. 99% of people won't turn down a job with a larger pay. Hell if someone offered $50-$60k more a year for the same job, you'd be a nutcase to turn it down. People look down on players when they sign for a larger pay check, but you'd do the same thing for your career. :dodgy:

You are a certified f..king troll mate- "better job" playing for chihuahuas? Also, why is it that Foran is incapable of accepting slightly less to play with his mates and near where he lives and not have to travel from the peninsula to Belmore everyday?

I may have been tongue in cheek earlier, but if it is true that Foran met with Hasler "at a coffee shop" earlier today, and considering the speculation in the media right now and the fact we are playing the chihuahuas next week, (which means one of our main players is having a private meeting with the opposition coach a few days before a vital game), is it not more likely to assume that Foran was telling Shylock that he intends staying with the Premiers?

I wasn't refering to Foran doing a better job at the scums. If you were offered $60k at a job regardless of what you earnt that is a lot of money, hell I'd jump ship at my work for an extra $2-$3 an hour of my current rate for a similar position, which would mean an extra $5-$6k a year. You make it sound like mateship is gonna pay your bills and allow you to live comfortably. It's a shame if Foran leaves, and if it was for the money, I won't be mad at him, at the end of the day, money pays your bills, not loyalty.

FYI, better job = better pay for the same role.

Masked Eagle said:
Haz88 said:
cliffylyons said:
Vyssini said:
EagleRock40 said:

Yes that is true but the average joes arent on mega money so 50k or 60k is a major increase!! however these guys we are talking about are on the big $$ so surely after an increase with the club your at staying with the team you love your mates etc has to count for something

Lets not forget though, its 50-60k over 3 or 4 years. Could be upwards of an extra qtr mil. Thats a lot to turn down. That being said, players have to take out tax, and of course the player managers cut as well so the figure isn't going to be as high as that anyway.

Thank you, someone that can see where I am coming from. "Hey, I'm gonna stay with my team mates and potentially lose out on an extra $250,000 over 4 years, because of loyalty."

We all need to make a living, and who is anyone in the world to tell someone they aren't entitled to make more money to live more comfortable, might as well be communist.

RE: Foran

MadMarcus said:
EagleRock40 said:

Was it the Bulldogs smartest fan Mark from Greenacre?

http://danwarne.com/mark-from-greenacre-cant-spell-acdc/

LOL. I think Mark from Greenacre may have been in charge of recruitment at the Doggies. ADCD

cliffylyons said:
Thank you, someone that can see where I am coming from. "Hey, I'm gonna stay with my team mates and potentially lose out on an extra $250,000 a year, because of loyalty."

We all need to make a living, and who is anyone in the world to tell someone they aren't entitled to make more money to live more comfortable, might as well be communist.

Not only are you a troll, but you are a f...ing dumb one at that- from $50k-$60k per year more, now you are telling us that Foz will miss out on $250k per year- let me tell you sunshine, if your beloved Chihuahuas are offering him (legitimately) $250k more per year than we are, then regrettably you can have him. Some how I doubt it though.

Sorry it was a typo, potential $60k a year over 4-5 years = $240-$300k over the 4-5 years. Go crawl under the rock you came out of. Had you read the post I was replying to, you would have understood what I meant, but hey nobody makes mistakes at all.

How weird is this.

As I type, cliffylyons and Vyssini are arguing directly above this post.

Both joined in November 2011 and both have posted 37 times.

Has anyone seen this pair together???

And they are calling each other trolls.

lol If Foran has signed for the Bulldogs he is a lying farkwit just like Hoppa. I'm taking my own info I know for now, but if these rumours are true, he can fark off right now.

bob dylan said:
How weird is this.

Vyssini is more personable. 7 likes to 1.

Time to just accept he is gone guys

Same way we accepted in 2010 that he was signed, sealed and delivered at the Roosters ...

bob dylan said:
How weird is this.

Post count would have been higher but I was overseas over the X-Mas and NY Break, and stayed a little longer as my father passed away.

Ill ask my mate tonight more about the situation, see if he knows anymore.

bob dylan said:
How weird is this.

You are absolutely right Bob- so tell me, were you one of the ladies that had to hold on because the women's toilets weren't working last Saturday at Brookie?

More and more mail coming in that he is gone. I don't generally believe these things until I have them confirmed but jeez there is a lot of movement on the topic

My point is cliffylyons that if it were me and i was on 400k or so a year with manly my team i love the mates who i have won grand finals with , the place where i live. If the scum dogs or someone was to offer me 450 or 460 k like you say there is no way i would take it. Not only being loyal but you also have to think of travel perhaps relocation this costs money and it adds up does it not?? also being away from family or what who knows.

Then would that 50 k become so much more and worth it ... not for me!!

Good luck to them if they want to leave and chase the $$ for SOME there is more important and other things to consider

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10