The Joel Thompson Thread (Any Off-topic discussion will be deleted)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If you don't know the stats then how can you declare that you see no additional value from Joel ?
I see Manly games and value players performances and our results that come from them but if you get high on stats then good luck to you

Did I support Manly during the down periods ? :giggle:
You make me laugh Kevin .
I don’t know why you’re laughing mate... your posts suggest that success is something you’ve experienced unending.
When he makes a bigger impact and breaks the defensive line and scores a try and turns a game around I will be the first one to congratulate him as I always say it how I see it and It is obvious we all see different things don't we Kevin ?
Yes, we sure do.

When he makes a bigger impact and breaks the defensive line and scores a try and turns a game around I will be the first one to congratulate him as I always say it how I see it and It is obvious we all see different things don't we Kevin ?
Can you please find me where Joel, Baz or anyone else from the club stated that Joel was signed as a game breaking enforcer? Anything at all will do... or is this expectation something that has just come from you? If so.... we’ll, yeah...

I see Manly games and value players performances and our results that come from them but if you get high on stats then good luck to you

Bozo, you are the one that declared that Joel had delivered no additional value, not me.
If this, in reality, is the case, then I expect that you can throw some stats at me to back up your declaration.

You have, in this thread today, lamented that Joel does not rush out of the line and hit like Matai, nor lead our pack as an enforcer from his 2nd row position.

I put to you that he is not Matai, nor was he bought as a middle third enforcer.

It is also my contention that you obviously have maroon and white blood, but you consistently let your emotions get in the way of reasoned and thoughtful commentary, especially when it comes to your whipping boy of the month.

I don’t know why you’re laughing mate... your posts suggest that success is something you’ve experienced unending.

Yes, we sure do.
You don't know why I am laughing ? Because you made me laugh Kevin
I bleed maroon blood and you question me did I support our beloved Sea eagles during the down period?
I thought that was funny .
I have expressed my views many times on here that Our Proud and successful club does not stand for mediocre . Mediocre was a North Sydney mentality and look at their history of success .

Bozo, you are the one that declared that Joel had delivered no additional value, not me.
If this, in reality, is the case, then I expect that you can throw some stats at me to back up your declaration.

You have, in this thread today, lamented that Joel does not rush out of the line and hit like Matai, nor lead our pack as an enforcer from his 2nd row position.

I put to you that he is not Matai, nor was he bought as a middle third enforcer.

It is also my contention that you obviously have maroon and white blood, but you consistently let your emotions get in the way of reasoned and thoughtful commentary, especially when it comes to your whipping boy of the month.
Listen feathered friend . We all have our views and expectations
If you want people to think just like you then start your own forum and pick your own crew

Can you please find me where Joel, Baz or anyone else from the club stated that Joel was signed as a game breaking enforcer? Anything at all will do... or is this expectation something that has just come from you? If so.... we’ll, yeah...
From reading your posts it seems that my expectations are greater than yours
If Joel has fulfilled your expectations than good luck to you ;)

I had Joel pegged as an out and out enforcer (disgusted he hasn’t been sent off yet for a clothesline tackle) and always thought Tapau was brought in to score 20 tries a season on the wing.

I had Joel pegged as an out and out enforcer (disgusted he hasn’t been sent off yet for a clothesline tackle) and always thought Tapau was brought in to score 20 tries a season on the wing.
Yep... there’s just no point debating really. It’s like hitting a tennis ball against a brick wall with an expectation the ball wont come back.

Listen feathered friend . We all have our views and expectations
If you want people to think just like you then start your own forum and pick your own crew

Lol.
I don't want you to think like me, I simply expect that if you are going to make declarations that you can then back them up with something.

Simply put, you are bagging Joel for being something that he was never capable of being (Matai), and bagging him for something that he isn't ( Burgess level enforcer ).

Bag the guy for his actual flaws, ( missed tackles, running wrong lines occassionally, and sht tattoos )

Lol.
I don't want you to think like me, I simply expect that if you are going to make declarations that you can then back them up with something.

Simply put, you are bagging Joel for being something that he was never capable of being (Matai), and bagging him for something that he isn't ( Burgess level enforcer ).

Bag the guy for his actual flaws, ( missed tackles, running wrong lines occassionally, and sht tattoos )
Mate you still have not convinced me with your views . Try again if you like .
I admire people that don't give up as I don't give up either ;)

Mate you still have not convinced me with your views . Try again if you like .
I admire people that don't give up as I don't give up either ;)
When I was a kid I used to play ping pong by myself by folding up half of the table. You are that half of the table... for the record, I never did win.

There you go Bozo, this is what you should be aiming for. This is reasoned and thoughtful commentary right here.

When I was a kid I used to play ping pong by myself by folding up half of the table. You are that half of the table... for the record, I never did win.
No I disagree , Just because I don't agree with you it does not make any of us a winner . My opinion is just that and from what I can see there are posters on here who value your opinion with likes .
If winning was about getting every one to agree with us then you will never find a winner anywhere since Adam and Eve as they were the first to disagree with each other feathered friend .
The most important thing that makes us both correct and winners is that we both agree that Manly is Magnificent !!!!

There you go Bozo, this is what you should be aiming for. This is reasoned and thoughtful commentary right here.
Thank you for the offer but I set my own standards and expectations feathered friend :mm:

Thompson, fair to say, is a solid first grader that has great moments surrounded by many more of mediocrity.

He is never going to be the reason Manly become a top 4 threat. I did question his purchase based on previous seasons and the splattering of city/country rep jerseys that he earned.

He is more involved, but in being so, opens up to making more errors like we are seeing. Franky was obviously restricted to a smaller corridor and had Greeny to contend with as well?

Thompson, fair to say, is a solid first grader that has great moments surrounded by many more of mediocrity.

He is never going to be the reason Manly become a top 4 threat. I did question his purchase based on previous seasons and the splattering of city/country rep jerseys that he earned.

He is more involved, but in being so, opens up to making more errors like we are seeing. Franky was obviously restricted to a smaller corridor and had Greeny to contend with as well?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8