The Joel Thompson Thread (Any Off-topic discussion will be deleted)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Can someone explain to me why the dragons didn't want him anymore?

From what I understand he was 550K on the cap and at 29 was looking for 2-3 years minimum.
Dragons have a few young uns and plenty of reasonable talent at 2nd row.

They made a call to offer Joel 1 year for 2018.
Joel has a daughter in year 11 and wants stability for 2+ years (not unreasonable for yr 11-12 as they are kind of 1 big year).

So basically, St George saw Thompson at the plateau of his career about to decline. And viewed their youth as a better investment
(1 yr contract).

Manly saw Thompson as a good fit player that they were lacking with limited depth.
(2-3 year contract).

Hope that explains it.

Last edited:
From what I understand he was 550K on the cap and at 29 was looking for 2-3 years minimum.
Dragons have a few young uns and plenty of reasonable talent at 2nd row.

They made a call to offer Joel 1 year for 2018.
Joel has a daughter in year 11 and want stability for 2+ years (not unreasonable for yr 11-12 as they are kind of 1 big year).

So basically, St George saw Thompson at the plateau of his career about to decline. And viewed their youth as a better investment
(1 yr contract).

Manly saw Thompson as a good fit player that they were lacking with limited depth.
(2-3 year contract).

Hope that explains it.
Jeezus he must have started young if he has a daughter in year 11 and he is 29.

Jeezus he must have started young if he has a daughter in year 11 and he is 29.

Funny you mention that. When I read it, the daughter, it never crossed my mind that 29-16 = 13.
Maybe I'm too old myself and keep thinking about my family at my age lol.

But Steppy it is.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but Joel updated his Linked in account this week to say he has a new position at Manly Sea Eagles. He is always an inspiration on Linked In so if anyone has it add Joel to stay up to date with what he does off the field. A very switched on footballer who has a big future off the field working with younger players. Joel and the club must be confident and previously he stalled on saying anything. Our forwards will be much stronger with some depth as well. Bring on 2018.

Looks like the NRL have approved, otherwise why is he training with us???
hompson.jpg

Just read that on the manly news and signings site . Same site that had moylan and pearce to us . But this doesn't look photo_shopped .
I got it from the Sea Eagles twitter feed, so it's not photo shopped, maybe he can train while pending NRL approval?? But what if it falls through?? Baz can't let him go back to the dragons with all his secrets, unless he has one of those Men in Black memory wiping machines!!
thomo.JPG

Assuming the photographer had many better action shots of Thommo ... the fact that he chose one of him looking constipated with a call-me hand sign is puzzling.

Is it a sign to the illuminati .... is it a gangland symbol meaning the deal is done .... or have I finally lost in the off-season

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10