The Idiots guide to the No Look pass

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think after Manly score multiple tries from the no look passes courtesy of Schuster - Woodsie may well sport a new T-shirt - " No look ya dirty chook" with Schuster on the front and the footy ball on the back....invisible from the front.

Hey @Woodsie what do you think of the no-look tackle?
This has proved highly effective in hampering a defender trying to defuse a bomb. Leap at him but your eyes are on the ball so you’re not deemed to be making a tackle. Very crafty tactic ;)

PSSS ... and to my knowledge .. Fulton, Lewis, Johns, Cliffy, Langer, Thurston, Cronk, Keary, Cleary, Toovey, Sterling, Moses, DCE, Mortimer, etc etc etc ..... never had to dwell into the devils backpack and pull out the dopey no look pass to get through a defence ....

What do you think about a short grubber when a team is deep in their own half?

What do you think about a short grubber when a team is deep in their own half?

Like all things ... looks fantastic when it works .... the other 28 times fans call for blood ...

It will be interesting to see the reaction on here the 1st time a try is bombed by a no look pass ....

I recall the pissling Tommy got when he threw a few wayward last passes that bombed certain tries last year ... people were calling for his head .... and he was looking ...

Not a fan of the no look pass because it is a low percentage play but not as bad as a chip executed by a slow forward in your territory, or a field goal attempt when your team is two points behind or kicking it into touch on the last when you are behind late in the game.

He did get lucky with that pass it was 4 inches off being a shocker. That said the players these days are passing balls more than ever and it’s something they repeat over and over and over.

Like all things ... looks fantastic when it works .... the other 28 times fans call for blood ...

It will be interesting to see the reaction on here the 1st time a try is bombed by a no look pass ....

I recall the pissling Tommy got when he threw a few wayward last passes that bombed certain tries last year ... people were calling for his head .... and he was looking ...

Well that's the answer isn't it, it's great when it works. Having said that I have seen quite a few shocking regulation passes this year from our spine as well.

I think it's fair to say Josh overplayed his hand a bit in his debut... As long as he doesn't try the miracle chip and chase or no look pass every time he has the ball, then I'm okay with him picking his moments, if he can pull it off.

Okay, old fart time ... after seeing 2 more no look passes sail into the 4th row over the weekend ... I have to say I had hoped the numbnuttery had disappeared with the genital biter ....

But, we have a serial No Look Passer in young Schuster about to hit the big leagues .... (see his highlight reel) .. and I hope that somebody slaps him upside the head and tells him to put it back in his pocket ...

Even the try he put on ... his no look pass to DCE was a hair's breadth away from being embarrassing .... lucky DCE was skilful enough to reach back and pull it in ...

The limited or perceived advantage you get from it is heavily outweighed by the dopey factor ....

Some players are naturals at it. I suspect Schuster's actions are well practised. Its one valuable asset when it comes off and his style of passing is quite delicate in that the ball is not thrown backward, it is lobbed in such a way that its almost impossible to drop if the player is positioned well. Used to play a great deal of touch footie as a teenager and that was a well used tactic. But you have to have the understanding with the receiver, and not push the pass.

Some players are naturals at it. I suspect Schuster's actions are well practised. Its one valuable asset when it comes off and his style of passing is quite delicate in that the ball is not thrown backward, it is lobbed in such a way that its almost impossible to drop if the player is positioned well. Used to play a great deal of touch footie as a teenager and that was a well used tactic. But you have to have the understanding with the receiver, and not push the pass.
The no lookers I’ve seen from Schuster are definitely more of a pop pass... definitely an asset when practiced and mastered.

I was yelling at the tv when another of his idiotic no look passes missed it's mark..
But I don't bother bringing it up anymore, you can say 1000 positive things about Schuster and 1 complaint (I have 2 actually, his stupid no look passes and his selfish kicks to himself that NEVER come off) and people here act like your calling him the worst player I've ever seen... It's ridiculous you can't have an issue with 1 dumb aspect of an aspiring players game without being whinged at

I know where this is coming from and I yell at the TV every time he mucks one up too when a simple draw and pass would do the same job BUT the kid has special talent and we'd be mad to handcuff him from playing what he sees.

Think we've just got to take the rough with the smooth for a while cause i have no doubts this kid is the real deal and will go as far as he wants to in this game.

I reckon the only problem with Schu's passes vs NZ, was he didn't roll up the sleeves and simply run the ball hard....the thing is, too play pretty, you need to play ugly first ...this is when those passes will stick.

He definitely threw a terrible no looker yesterday - luckily, we had Saab scoring tries at will between diffusing kicks like a beast. The kid can catch!

I'm sure our superb five-time GF coach will sort him out - Dessie knows what he's doing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4