The Hype Didn't help us!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader

I feared the headlines and articles in the papers today. We have played well thus far to get to the top of the table (we are still there for at least another week unbelievably) but the talk about 8 rep players and adulation for being top of the table was fodder to the professional Broncos outfit. They dissected us, hit our weak areas, chewed us up and spat us out.

We have made some gains this year and there are good signs but we are still short of being a real top 4 team and no hype or 'exaggerated headlines' can disguise us.

We may well improve further, we may even make the semis but until we can front up in the big games at night against the might of the Dragons, Broncos, Dogs, Rooster and Panthers all the claims about 8 Rep players, Manly number 1 and 'good things' are but empty whistles into the wind.

I would rather the papers said we were crap and don't deserve to be there!!! :shock: !BDH!

as per my other thread "sshhhhh"

spending a week telling the press how good we are was never going to help... if i hear the term "Real Deal" one more time ill scream! !wall:

Bad feeling tonight, possibly good in the long run. We need to react positively from this loss, I think losing by 20 is more valuable than losing by 2.

Too true C_Eagle. Also shows us how important good centres are to a team's performance. Maybe the Bulldogs will give us Ben Harris?????

Bad feeling tonight, possibly good in the long run. We need to react positively from this loss, I think losing by 20 is more valuable than losing by 2.

I disagree C_eagle - they lost by 20 to the Dragons and should have leart from that.

20 points could come back to bite us in the for & against later in the season.

We are more likely to come out firing next week to try and make up for the embaressment this week. You lose by 2, you leave with your head up high but still without the prize. Not as much intensity for the next round.

Melbourne's 50 point flogging of Brisbane hasn't done them any harm. They have won four in a row since then. Maybe C_Eagle has a point.

Back to the Fortress!!!

Yeah maybe, I'd still rather lose by 2 and play well than play like a clueless rabble and lose by 20+. Its just embarrassing.

Lets just hope they do turn it all around & thump the Tiges.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4