The Hoppa Poll . Change vote option activated

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

If you had to meet Hoppa's management tomorrow ... Would you

• Honour the $250k offer ..

• Reduce offer to $150k ..

• Offer a development contract only ..

• Let him go ...

• Increase the offer to over the $250k

Results are only viewable after voting.
Watch him against the Titans and then make your minds up. He's improved with every game and I get the feeling he's building up to something…

Well, we just got through watching him in the Titans game and if he was building up to something, the demolition crew got in first and knocked it down.

1/10 for commitment, 0/10 for desire and 1/10 for effort.

Not blaming the loss on Albert because it was a collective effort across the park. But with how he played today ... he literally phoned it in because he may as well have not been there.

He dead set walked instead of chasing the Titans winger after the intercept.
Compare that effort to Turbo and Funa from the other wing, who ended up saving a certain try.

The youth brigade were meant to bring effort, and a better attitude.....not so with young Hoppa.

I wouldn't be picking him next week, on principle alone.

No mate, from what I have seen of him Albert in his career that’s what I would do.

I do get that he ha looked ordinary in first grade, though he has a lot of talent.

Even the best can look ordinary, Turbo had a shocker today.

My thought Alberts a keeper and a future representative player, I would look to sign him for three years around 300K.

yeah $100k a year. So $300k over 3 years.

I would let him go Albert and Jamil are over hyped 2nd graders like their old man
Dad was average but was outside some decent centres that made him look good.
Our Hoppa did nothing today , albeit in good company with 80% of team.

John Hopoate played a lot of his career outside of centres like Terry Hill. And Tezza was a centre who knew how to set up his outside supports if he didn't think he could score himself.

I know it was only the kids 4th game, but if they are pushing for a better contract then he'd want to start showing something next week.

150K offer as depth. I heard he had speed, then after all these games I've found out that not only does he have a lack of speed (probably due to his injuries), but a lack of effort in these early stages of his career. A few breaks today and he was casually jogging to get back in position. However, last week against the dogs I was impressed with his ability to pass the ball inside and create a few little opportunities. He was severely thrown under the bus by dce last week with many hospital balls to him right near the touchline with defenders right in front of him yet managed to save the plays often.

Has potential to be an ok centre I think, but I would use him as depth for next season before letting him go after then to pursue stupid contracts.

I think the way Hopoate has been playing is an advantage for manly if we want to sign him surely no club will offer him overs the way his been playing !!! I know it’s only his third game But he looks very lazy

I think the way Hopoate has been playing is an advantage for manly if we want to sign him surely no club will offer him overs the way his been playing !!! I know it’s only his third game But he looks very lazy
Perhaps another take on it is that he is playing like he doesn’t want to play for Manly. My bet is he isn’t with us next year.

Well, we just got through watching him in the Titans game and if he was building up to something, the demolition crew got in first and knocked it down.

1/10 for commitment, 0/10 for desire and 1/10 for effort.

Not blaming the loss on Albert because it was a collective effort across the park. But with how he played today ... he literally phoned it in because he may as well have not been there.
You're a generous marker!
But to be sure... he alone is not responsible for the loss

300K a season for me on a three year deal, Albert is a class player.

I get that he has not performed in his games as well as he should, he has improved in a couple.

He has class and great skill, a natural footy player and I hope we get to see him at Manly for a long time.
A natural footy player even if playing bad will give a glimpse of whats to come..he has shown no skill at all..he gets the ball runs 2 metres then tries to palm with no effect..same thing each time..i want him to thrive i just dont see it

And ?

Coming back from injury and being a rookie should equate to extra effort, not less effort.
And if he’s the next big thing like sone around here have labeled we would have seen something against opposition of the caliber of Wests, Dogs and Titans. I hope he does well for us.

Blocker Roach on fox during the game today mentioned that Albert's dad was on some radio interview and he said that Albert's form had been " sh!t " So obviously dad thinks he's not been playing to his potential. He seems to be shell shocked to me. Probably the step up to first grade is a lot harder than he thought.

Is Albie the archetypal "son trying to live up to dad's expectations"? Perhaps he would be better suited to a whole different life?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4