The Hoppa Poll . Change vote option activated

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

If you had to meet Hoppa's management tomorrow ... Would you

• Honour the $250k offer ..

• Reduce offer to $150k ..

• Offer a development contract only ..

• Let him go ...

• Increase the offer to over the $250k

Results are only viewable after voting.
Has he lost speed with his ACLs? Does that happen?
I wouldn't know. I have no speed.

Bulldogs.

Before maybe... probably certainly .... but now ?

Remember the squads are being reduced to 28 ... less room to carry somebody and there is less room for gambles or potential ... and $250k is not a minimum contract ...

I think his immediate future rests entirely on his next few games .... best luck to him ...

Before maybe... probably certainly .... but now ?

Remember the squads are being reduced to 28 ... less room to carry somebody and there is less room for gambles or potential ... and $250k is not a minimum contract ...

I think his immediate future rests entirely on his next few games .... best luck to him ...
Yes but Barret is a total idiot and has a history of really stupid coaching and list decisions.

If we genuinely did offer $250k then we should honour it.

If we didnt then $150k p.a. for 2 years to develop & prove his ability at NRL level before making a bigger offer.

However, as others have said, & based on the uproar from Hoppa snr when Des said Albert wouldn't change the situation in his presser 3 weeks ago, & on previous form from the family, it's a moot point as I suspect Albert will go for the biggest offer thrown at him.

He has been solid without being spectacular. Just goes to show length of the field tries bumping off ten guys is a little harder at NRL level.

Anyway it's not up to the club - he'll go whereever the money comes from, not a lot of loyalty from the Hoppas as a rule. We are still under cap pressure so don't know we have $250K to be throwing at him. The upside is that his performances over the last few weeks isn't going to raise his market price significantly.
I think solid is an exaggeration. He has not run well nor defended well.

Watched the end of the Bulldogs yesterday and gee Will has slowed down a lot.
Yeah way too slow for a fullback. As a centre tho, I’d say one of the best in the comp.

I think our best avenue would be to just chuck good coin (if we can) at 2 players over the next couple years as the reserve graders like Parker, Taufua etc’s contracts start to roll off. If we had Staggs in the centres and say a cheaper option like Starling (depending on Manase) or even get Magoulias for 2 row, I think we’d be pretty sorted. We just lack star quality outside of the spine/middle... an injection like a Staggs would turn us into a definite top 4 side IMO.

Whoever of Funa, Harper, Hopoate and Garrick want to stay for a few years can compete for a spot or two in the backs and provide depth.

Certainly would not get into a bidding war for him but would honour the 250. Have to take into account his lack of games to get match fit and exposure to NRL. People still overlook there is no reserves grade and the impact that has on depth players.
Schuster needs looking after though as a higher priority

Hoppa Jnr is worth the investment. I'm sure by the time the 2021 season comes around he'll be showing good form.
Many of us on this Forum rated The Shoe as our best prospect and, even in the short time he was on the field against Wests, he verified his potential.
Hoppa Jnr was more of an unknown quantity due to him missing a couple of seasons with injury. He'll be a good player once he gains some experience at the elite level.

250k only if he can get more elsewhere good luck to him, has to be expensive earning for the family as John does nothing.

Funa, Harper & Schuster all looked fitter than Hoppa, despite not playing this season prior to debuting, so is Hoppa's lack of fitness purely down to his injury recovery instead of lack of games this season?

Not sure about Harper but Funa and Schuster did have a full pre-season and played trials, where Hoppa was only cleared to play in June.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6