The Hoppa Poll . Change vote option activated

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

If you had to meet Hoppa's management tomorrow ... Would you

• Honour the $250k offer ..

• Reduce offer to $150k ..

• Offer a development contract only ..

• Let him go ...

• Increase the offer to over the $250k

Results are only viewable after voting.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
OK, I know it is only 2 games, out of his preferred position ... and I know he hasn't played all year ... and I know he is coming off 2 knee surgeries ... etc etc ...

But you are the retention manager, and you have to make a decision now ... and remember that your squad is being reduced to 28 plus 4 development players ...

I am genuinely interested in the consensus ..

Doubtful it would, and who listens to him anyway?
I meant what would it achieve for the team to improve the results we are getting?

Disappointing that so many Manly fans were howling about this superstar being loaned to the Warriors to get some match practice, then as soon as they see him play its changed to 'should be sacked/have his offer reduced, substandard performances' etc
Some people had unrealistic expectations but won't admit it.
Watching him the last couple of weeks it could easily take 12 months to fully recover in confidence and form and become a force at NRL level.
Is he worth the risk? To me, of course he is!

Keep in mind he played Australian schoolboys for Rugby Union AND rugby league from 6 years. 3 years straight. He’s clearly a freak for his age... that doesn’t happen.

I’d see where we are at. If we have depth then there is no need to go overs... 200-250k would be ok for now. Just make sure Schuster is wrapped up long term first.

I’m sure hoppa has an upside, but he has been pretty bad in his first 2 games. Miski and Anderson would have been better on the wing last night. I guess though they don’t have as much potential, and hoppa needs to get matches under his belt. It is a pity it has to be in first grade, although with the season gone no real biggie, except it is killing us fans.

I think hes a work in progress coming off a very long lay off from his injuries, a 250K minimum contract is about right.

I think we need to know sooner or later if he is staying as we have other kids we would play if so?

$250k is not a minimum contract ...

He has been solid without being spectacular. Just goes to show length of the field tries bumping off ten guys is a little harder at NRL level.

Anyway it's not up to the club - he'll go whereever the money comes from, not a lot of loyalty from the Hoppas as a rule. We are still under cap pressure so don't know we have $250K to be throwing at him. The upside is that his performances over the last few weeks isn't going to raise his market price significantly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4