The Hayne influence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
No not Jarryd I mean Kevin Shayne.
If his influence in favour of the rorters hadn't happened and we won the 2013 GF what do you think would be different today? The owners? Players? Coaches? Board and CEO? Or would it largely be similar to what it was? It was only 3 years ago and Tooves would've been a second year champ plus the status quo of the running of the club may have lasted. As a supporter I may've been more confident about the future. Maybe not.

Interesting thread, if that game had not of course been rigged like it was, with corrupt officiating etc, I have no doubt we would have had another premiership. We were the better team on the day and were royally robbed of title number 9.

And who knows how that may have shaped the following years to now and into the future. Unfortunately we will never know what could have been but it has definitely affected our club 100%, (financially, sponsors, player attraction/retention etc).

I still think and will always think that, that game needs to be thoroughly investigated, the officials, the NRL, betting etc anything associated with it. Because not only were we robbed of another premiership we were also robbed of all the other benefits that go with it.

That game was a complete and total scam and I will never get over it. And yes it still hurts thinking about it.

But you make some very good points @Harvies elbow and things could have been very different now for the Mighty Sea Eagles.

Last edited:
The thing i remember is Jamie Lyon scorring a penatly try ( bad decision ) it was not a penalty try

James Maloney's forward pass to put Kenny dowall over !

Toovey not picking 2 time GF Joe Gulavao and opting for David Gower instead ( Gower only played a few minutes )

We lost Richie Faosso 2 weeks before the GF ! Joe Gulavao was declared fit and warmed up with the squad but Toovey opted for Gower

I think Toovey made the wrong call ! We needed Joe G's 2 x gf wining experience !!! Not 3 min of David Gower. Gower is a capable player but Joe G would of got us over the line !

I love Toovs but i think that was the differance not the refs ! + Wolfman had the worst game of his career!

Hayne will pay for his crimes....
X-Far+Side+Damned+2.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8