The Haumole Bible.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Been going very well but think that he can still be better utilized in attack with more direct hole running . Seems to be getting the ball on occasions a little early and confronted with prepared defence [ even against the Dogs ] , post contact meters are still impressive but think that he needs better opportunities to hit direct holes and much harder to contain then and more chance of making a bust . His aggressive tackling is a real plus as it puts opponents on their backsides in many instances for a slower play the ball . Multi talented player and could fill in as a centre if required , living up to his potential and doing it very well this season . Some tough games ahead will test him out again as with the rest of the squad but has not shirked it in the past and unlikely to in the future

The bombed try was the worst of it, but there's no try to bomb if he hadn't made the break in the first place. Olakau'atu has tremendous potential, but he is so raw his on field awareness still needs work imo.

Little things like being more concerned at scrum time when DCE is feeding the ball while Olakau'atu at 2nd row was bent over using both hands to pull both socks up. One day when it matters the opposing pack may decide to actually push in the scrum and Manly will lose possession.

Olakau'atu has tremendous potential, but he is so raw his on field awareness still needs work imo.

The bombed try was the worst of it, but theres' no try to bomb if he hadn't made the break in the first place.

But even little things like being more concerned at scrum time when DCE is feeding the ball while Olakau'atu at 2nd row was bent over using both hands to pull both socks up. One day when it matters the opposing pack may decide to actually push in the scrum and Manly will lose possession.
DCE made that break, Haumole backed it up. (Just pointing that out as we have a vocal contingent of members who don't notice some stuff he does) :)
As for the inexperience, agree 100%. Haumole, also Schuster, Saab, we've got some great talent but still pretty green.
Having crafty old Des at the helm plotting their development and timing our finals run like a Melbourne Cup preparation does give me plenty of hope though. (Oh yeah, and also that we've got Turbo!)

I actually thought Meaney did well positionally on that play and it was what put doubt in haumole’s mind. So I’m not certain Turbo would have scored if he had been given the ball earlier as Meaney might have been able to quickly switch.
I don’t think he would stop Tom with that momentum whether he switched or not. A clean pass puts him away, but it is easy for us to say that in our lounge chairs. In the moment with the adrenaline pumping, the fake crowd roaring and defence approaching it is easy to get things wrong. A moment’s hesitation and the opportunity is gone. He played well and is only getting better.

Gotta love the big unit even with that hairstyle.

He is shaping up to be a goodun. Reminds me of Kikau the way he runs, has so much potential. My only concern is that he needs to temper the aggression a little bit. He does a few silly things like dragging tacklers off the ruck and interfering with markers and the like. Some days that will backfire. Also needs to be careful with the suplex style tackle, that can go wrong real easy and you'll be looking at a long stint on the sideline if it does.

But he is adding so much more to the edge than Siro that he has cemented that spot for the rest of the season. Des can't drop him now, surely ?

Got sh1t for not passing but could've just as easily walked over the top of Meaney and scored and then be hailed the new King.
You win some you lose some.

He is shaping up to be a goodun. Reminds me of Kikau the way he runs, has so much potential. My only concern is that he needs to temper the aggression a little bit. He does a few silly things like dragging tacklers off the ruck and interfering with markers and the like. Some days that will backfire. Also needs to be careful with the suplex style tackle, that can go wrong real easy and you'll be looking at a long stint on the sideline if it does.

But he is adding so much more to the edge than Siro that he has cemented that spot for the rest of

His career. Des can't drop him now, surely ?

But he is adding so much more to the edge than Siro that he has cemented that spot for the rest of the season. Des can't drop him now, surely ?

'He does a few silly things like dragging tacklers off the ruck'.

Well, Dessie can talk about that! It is burned into my memory that infamous day at Brookie in 1995 when Easts ended Manly's record unbeaten run to start the season. One of the big turning points was referee David Jay penalising Manly for Des at dummy half dragging a tackler off his team mate. Should have been a Manly penalty for the hold down. In the end Easts were so frustrating to the referee that I saw him pulling the jersey of Easts defenders trying to stop them jumping early each tackle.

Can't believe he was in reserves to start the season. He looked the goods last year.
In an interview @ 3 weeks ago, Marty said some training issues were an obstacle for Haumole early in the year (or words to that effect). As well, he was sidelined for 4 weeks after an arm injury in a NSW Cup game. Of course, as we know, he was only selected in the NRL side when other forwards dropped out through injury.

In an interview @ 3 weeks ago, Marty said some training issues were an obstacle for Haumole early in the year (or words to that effect). As well, he was sidelined for 4 weeks after an arm injury in a NSW Cup game. Of course, as we know, he was only selected in the NRL side when other forwards dropped out through injury.
He looked great in reserves round 1.. but anyway. Just glad he's in now.

He had an elbow dislocation... check the video if you can handle it :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8