The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dont worry couple more weeks of what theyve been dishing up layely they will be calling for the kings head good ol pazza never learn lol

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/12/gutho-surprised-mannahs-going-unsure-if-lodges-coming/

Well that dispels any suggestions that Gutho left Manly because he wanted to play full back. According to him he was tapped on the shoulder 2 weeks after signing a contract to stay at Manly. Gee they made some dumb moves back then. No wonder he is reluctant to return. Hope Des has shown the door to those previous decision makers. We could have had the 5/8 issue resolved years ago.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/12/gutho-surprised-mannahs-going-unsure-if-lodges-coming/

Well that dispels any suggestions that Gutho left Manly because he wanted to play full back. According to him he was tapped on the shoulder 2 weeks after signing a contract to stay at Manly. Gee they made some dumb moves back then. No wonder he is reluctant to return. Hope Des has shown the door to those previous decision makers. We could have had the 5/8 issue resolved years ago.
Bozo is still involved in our recruitment.
2015 he tapped 14 players and Tooves and withdrew Chez's renewal.
Then almost as many in 2016 - Gutho was not alone :confused:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/4bdee35958c67e2cea5f98e0fb6b61c5

Last edited:
I don't buy Gutherson's explanation. "Two weeks after re-signing I was tapped on the shoulder..."
So. Is he inferring sexual misconduct? Which shoulder? How hard was the tap? Was the 'tap' left to run or was it turned off immediately? Could the tap have been misinterpreted by him? Perhaps it was more of a "brush" than a 'tap'? Was the alleged perpetrator reprimanded? Would this 'tap' have turned Shoddy's daugheter's girlfriend off the sport? Would this 'tap' have caused the NRL to introduce the 'no-fault' stand down a few years earlier than it did?
So many questions. So few answers.

Isn't Bozo de-registered - he was the fall guy in the salary cap drama.
Turdie looked into Bozo's eyes and ran >:)

giphy.gif

There was an article a while back listing Bozo, Scott F and Blossom as the Manly recruitment set

It will no doubt be a sad day if we ever see our players taking selfies together whilst getting their teeth whitened like Gutho and the Parramatta crew.

5E752160-DDF1-4BBB-9B30-B6712E832932.jpeg

I don't buy Gutherson's explanation. "Two weeks after re-signing I was tapped on the shoulder..."
So. Is he inferring sexual misconduct? Which shoulder? How hard was the tap? Was the 'tap' left to run or was it turned off immediately? Could the tap have been misinterpreted by him? Perhaps it was more of a "brush" than a 'tap'? Was the alleged perpetrator reprimanded? Would this 'tap' have turned Shoddy's daugheter's girlfriend off the sport? Would this 'tap' have caused the NRL to introduce the 'no-fault' stand down a few years earlier than it did?
So many questions. So few answers.

Very amusing Who but the fact is the only other explanation was through news items suggesting he wanted to play full back or wanted to play under Arthur. Always thought that an unlikely explanation given Manly had already signed Turbo for that position and Gutho signed AFTER the Trbojevics signed. I hear no comments from the Sea Eagles admin to refute that claim and Gutho wasn't saying it to knock Manly but only to say that is what happens behind the scenes in the game as a whole. Don't recall him every bad mouthing Manly and this comment was an aside comparing it to the Mannah issue. For that reason I tend to believe him.

Very amusing Who but the fact is the only other explanation was through news items suggesting he wanted to play full back or wanted to play under Arthur. Always thought that an unlikely explanation given Manly had already signed Turbo for that position and Gutho signed AFTER the Trbojevics signed. I hear no comments from the Sea Eagles admin to refute that claim and Gutho wasn't saying it to knock Manly but only to say that is what happens behind the scenes in the game as a whole. Don't recall him every bad mouthing Manly and this comment was an aside comparing it to the Mannah issue. For that reason I tend to believe him.
To be serious for a moment.
It's been pointed out in another thread that an NRL contract is between two parties and both have to agree if that contract is to be broken. So Why didn't Gutherson stay and play with the club "he grew up wanting to be a one-club player for"? He should have backed himself to make top grade. He was obviously being paid well for a young guy. Even if he had to fight his way through the grades he would have had a point to prove, and the club wouldn't want to have a highly paid player under performing so he'd be given every chance to succeed.

To be serious for a moment.
It's been pointed out in another thread that an NRL contract is between two parties and both have to agree if that contract is to be broken. So Why didn't Gutherson stay and play with the club "he grew up wanting to be a one-club player for"? He should have backed himself to make top grade. He was obviously being paid well for a young guy. Even if he had to fight his way through the grades he would have had a point to prove, and the club wouldn't want to have a highly paid player under performing so he'd be given every chance to succeed.

He's a young bloke who is being told he's not wanted. The fact he signed the contract shows he wanted to stay. Digging his heels in may not have been in his best interests if he wasn't wanted. Look at Hastings. His career was being threatened and he decided to accept an alternative offer with a team that wanted him and was assured of a first grade placement. Don't know about you but if I wasn't wanted in a club and another came along and offered a deal worth taking, I would accept it without a moments thought. Why stick around if the club starts playing games with you such as demoting you. Yes the money was there, but another club offered money, a definite first grade spot and he was wanted. No way would I stick around where I wasn't wanted even if I preferred to stay. If you chose to stay under those circumstances Who I wonder how happy you would be. Money isn't everything and loyalty is a two way street, and the Manly of that time was showing Gutho that he was just a commodity to be traded off..

Last edited:
Although Bear, Gutho seemed to have overlooked that in his shenanigans with Parra before he signed an extension.

Not at all. He knows he's wanted there, he feels a certain loyalty to that. He also has a sense of his worth, and don't forget most of that was done by his manager, not Gutherson. I didn't say money is meaningless. What I'm saying is that it is not all there is. His negotiations with Parra is really very typical of how negotiations are played out. Both parties make ambit claims, one too high one to low and they negotiate until they find middle ground. That is fundamental to all negotiations in business. Having been a union head I am most familiar with that process. Standard practice. Its just that the media made a big play of it.

Concerning his comments about what happened at Manly,.lets put it this way as to why I think he's telling it as it was. Lies are usually reflected by vested interests, by trying to gain something and not necessarily a physical element. He may be bitter with Manly for what they did. But what he said had no apparent gain to be achieved other than to show such things happen in League, that happened to him and now to Mannah. His primary intent seemed to show he understood Mannah's point of view. Nothing else is gained. It seemed to me that he was simply demonstrating how its played out behind the scenes.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4