The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Absolutely no specific details in this snippet which would have been cobbled together after the Mole trawled through our Forum posts.
Anybody could write a dozen of such stories just to fill up space. For example:
Dragons want Joel Thompson back
St George-Illawarra now realise the large hole left when Thompson joined Manly last season. They have made him their No. 1 recruitment target in order to shore up their forwards and potentially fill a void that could be left if the de Belin trial does not go the way the club is hoping. . . .

Absolutely no specific details in this snippet which would have been cobbled together after the Mole trawled through our Forum posts.
Anybody could write a dozen of such stories just to fill up space. For example:
Dragons want Joel Thompson back
St George-Illawarra now realise the large hole left when Thompson joined Manly last season. They have made him their No. 1 recruitment target in order to shore up their forwards and potentially fill a void that could be left if the de Belin trial does not go the way the club is hoping. . . .

Plus it has the added bonus annoyance of spawning another 500 get gutho back threads.

Walker back to Souths rumours have been doing the rounds pretty much since he got here.... so much so that some media outlets are now reporting that he is actually playing for Souths... jokes on them, he’s not playing at all!!

At some point .. Gutho may or may not have said that he wished to play fullback .... and now in true ST urban myth generating enthusiasm ... this comment has been repeated so often by those "in the know" that it has been elevated to the status of legend .....

What is really cute and sweet is that some people actually think Coaches and recruitment officers give a **** what position a player wants to play .... at every club there are players playing wing or centre that would rather play full back ... ot half instead of 5/8 ..... nobody gives a **** .... you play where the coach tells you to ....

The only possible difference where you want to play makes is in the amount you think you are justified in asking for .... but even that will be decided by supply and demand .....

If the money is right ... Gutho will play any where he is told to .. and he will be happy to do it .... because he is a team player ....

He’d be a very welcome addition to the side, however, his knee might be an ongoing concern. If we actually do intend to throw Walker like money at Gutho, it seems a somewhat significant gamble to be taking. I would prefer Hopoate myself... he is going great guns again this season and his durability is unquestionable... he’d probably be a little cheaper as well. He’s already won a premiership here with Des, and it may help assist in securing his brother long term as well.

Sure that wasn't: "Manly's fan forum chasing Gutho" ?

Sounds like the mole is doing a player manager friend a favour.

Contra means you're going to be asked to return the favour one day.

How many times do we see stories suddenly appear in the media about other clubs "chasing" a player.....right when they happen to be in the middle of trying to negotiate a big dollar contract from their current club? Strategic releases from the player manager in an effort to get the money they are asking for.

We'd probably all love (or at least like) Gutho to come home to Manly. But I'll believe it when I see him run out again in the maroon and white.

How many times do we see stories suddenly appear in the media about other clubs "chasing" a player.....right when they happen to be in the middle of trying to negotiate a big dollar contract from their current club? Strategic releases from the player manager in an effort to get the money they are asking for.

We'd probably all love (or at least like) Gutho to come home to Manly. But I'll believe it when I see him run out again in the maroon and white.

I'd be surprised if they let him walk.

They'll just funnel the takings from a few of the pokies into Gutho's off shore account in the Bahamas.

He’d be a very welcome addition to the side, however, his knee might be an ongoing concern. If we actually do intend to throw Walker like money at Gutho, it seems a somewhat significant gamble to be taking. I would prefer Hopoate myself... he is going great guns again this season and his durability is unquestionable... he’d probably be a little cheaper as well. He’s already won a premiership here with Des, and it may help assist in securing his brother long term as well.

We just need to time his knee injuries so they come at the opposite time to Toms ankle and hamstring injuries

At some point .. Gutho may or may not have said that he wished to play fullback .... and now in true ST urban myth generating enthusiasm ... this comment has been repeated so often by those "in the know" that it has been elevated to the status of legend .....
Agree with what you're saying, Woodsie, but apparently Gutho and his manager are saying he wants to play fullback in current negotiations.

01. Tom Trbojevic
06. Clinton Gutherson
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
09. Manase Fainu

Tom and Clinton could swap to suit, as well.
One of, if not THE best spine in the game. May need to release Api to afford.

Then secondary players: Garrick, Hopoate, Walker & other:

01.Tom Trbojevic
02. Albert Hopoate
03. NEW Acquisition
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Clinton Gutherson
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts