The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Much will probably depend on Walker 's situation post trail situation and with back line considerations . Really can not see Gutho being regarded as a centre proposition for Manly and, particularly at or near his asking price , not at one . Croker did so well at 6 against the Raiders but who knows what is going on behind the scenes . Ramien has developed into a i st class block busting centre , and would be a good pick up for most clubs , Suli and Parker are going well but again would seem that Walker "s future predicament will have the main bearing on back line recruiting or retention matters .

Mate, I think regardless of his court case outcome, Walker is gone.

If they are offering Gutherson a deal he has to be taling Walker's money.

Even if not, for the $600k odd we have paid Walker per season, the ROI has been dismal.

Even if not, for the $600k odd we have paid Walker per season, the ROI has been dismal.
Had a great 2017 season but no question has represented poor value for money overall since he has been contracted for Manly ...

Don't forget that if Walker is found guilty and then further suspended, his value and asking price will take a large hit. (Assuming he is not deregistered altogether, which would be possible but surely unlikely?)
In that case, Manly can wash our hands of him.
Alternatively ... if Des and Manly think he is worth persevering with, he will be on a far lower contract. Plus he will probably be feeling grateful and that he really owes us for keeping faith with him.
I agree he seems a dickhead from all I have heard, but he also is only a young man and I'm sure he has reasonable 'prospects of rehabilitation'.

Don't forget that if Walker is found guilty and then further suspended, his value and asking price will take a large hit. (Assuming he is not deregistered altogether, which would be possible but surely unlikely?)
In that case, Manly can wash our hands of him.
Alternatively ... if Des and Manly think he is worth persevering with, he will be on a far lower contract. Plus he will probably be feeling grateful and that he really owes us for keeping faith with him.
I agree he seems a dickhead from all I have heard, but he also is only a young man and I'm sure he has reasonable 'prospects of rehabilitation'.
Guarantee that if NRL do decide to deregister him Noddy will drag the decision out until his contract expires to prevent Manly from benefitting...

Even then you ask someone from Narrabeen to go to Manly and they'll tell you to piss off - too far!
Funny you say that, the majority of my 18 years on the beaches was spent between mona vale and Brookvale, had no interest going anywhere else :giggle:

Guarantee that if NRL do decide to deregister him Noddy will drag the decision out until his contract expires to prevent Manly from benefitting...
Manly could tear up his contract just like they did with Tetenavo :nerd:

May 10 is still D day for Walker @:cool:

He may want to look at ESL to escape the NRL media circus that his life has been :confused:

There is no easy commute to the Northern Beaches, unless one happens to live on the Northern Beaches.

Nah, Jesse can just catch the Umina to Palm Beach ferry then the L90 to Narrabeen - it's just a short jog from Pittwater road to Narrabeen Sports Academy, would be a good warm up for him @:)

Does anyone know more about Ramien?

What I mean is:

He seems a very good player but is he a mercenary as well.

Gets good at Manly, off to the sharks ($$$), then off to the Knights (even more $$$) now the Knights aren't that good he wants out (for the same or more $$$$ but at a better club).

would he even care he was at Manly in his younger years.

Now I don't care that he's doing it (ok I care a little) or am I missing the point and he's a wonderful young man, a victim of some strange circumstances.

Not having a go, I just really don't know.

*answers on a postcard* blah

The traffic is ****, I only go past Narrabeen bridge to watch Manly or go to the Upper Crust at Collaroy!
I spent Saturday driving my kids around between Dee Why rissole, Warringah mall and my olds place at Manly Vale and when I got home I was more knackered than if I'd driven to the Gold Coast

Agree and think Walker is gone if we are chasing Gutherson.

What I mean is:

Gets good at Manly, off to the sharks ($$$), then off to the Knights (even more $$$) now the Knights aren't that good he wants out (for the same or more $$$$ but at a better club).

Now I don't care that he's doing it (ok I care a little) or am I missing the point and he's a wonderful young man, a victim of some strange circumstances.

His father's big in the noodle industry.

I spent Saturday driving my kids around between Dee Why rissole, Warringah mall and my olds place at Manly Vale and when I got home I was more knackered than if I'd driven to the Gold Coast

When I used to have to do the Saturday soccer run - my son's game in the morning, mine in the afternoon, anywhere from Georges Heights oval in Mosman to Careel Bay in Avalon - absolutely mental!

When I used to have to do the Saturday soccer run - my son's game in the morning, mine in the afternoon, anywhere from Georges Heights oval in Mosman to Careel Bay in Avalon - absolutely mental!
That sounds terrible. People think you're taking the piss but they don't know the pain of being stuck in gridlock along that Dee Why lagoon stretch...

650k a season, these players can afford 1k or 2 per week rent.
Smart accountant could even make it Tax deducitible along with the iPad Des makes them buy :nod:

What I mean is:

I don't think the above is entirely accurate. He left Manly as he had Matai and Lyon ahead of him and was after an opportunity.....A young guys looking to play grade, can't begrudge him that.

He solidified himself as a first grader at Cronulla and the the Knights offered him a good deal ($$$ okay fair enough)

I believe his issue now is footballing reasons, everything goes left via Ponga at the Knights and he is unhappy in their system

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8