The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Isn't Walker on the same money that Parra resent paying Gutho :think:

Brooks needs a half or 5/8 partner still

I hate this June 30 cattle trade each bloody season :mad:
Looks like walks stays then because I can't see Madge taking him if that's what you mean. He let him go didn't he?
Not that I want him gone as he's a good centre.
The tigers have got 2 veterans at 5/8 to replace soon enough ...

A lot will turn on Walkers case outcome. If he is convicted then his season is over and Manly will be in the June 30 market and we could possibly see Gutho home this season. If Walker is cleared then It’s 2019. If he signs with us I expect Brad Arthur will lose it. Interesting times ahead. I hope Walker is back this week.

Would be a difficult one for Gutho if he decided to accept Manly's offer, while still having to play out a whole season with the Eels.
Might even precipitate an immediate transfer one year early... (hmm, do the Eels need a decent hooker, for instance?)
All just idle speculation of course, gotta love modern NRL with its focus on player loyalty (not).
Exactly like when lussick went to then. It was kept quiet for a few months despite the rumours

I honestly think this is Des helping Gutho out maximising his offer and rorting Parra in the process. He'll stay with them, unfortunately.

Didn't snake say we are after an outside back up north?

Last edited:
I honestly think this is Des helping Gutho out maximising his ars and rotting Parra in the process. He'll stay with them, unfortunately.

I don't think Des has the time or resources (not to mention inclination) to run ploys for former players, however good the relationship was.

The offer is real. I happen to think it's the right play, but more importantly, I'll back Des's judgement any day. We all probably thought the same thing yesterday when we heard Croker was in at the last minute ("What the ...."), and look how that worked out. Hopefully Gutho signs.

I don't think Des has the time or resources (not to mention inclination) to run ploys for former players, however good the relationship was.

The offer is real. I happen to think it's the right play, but more importantly, I'll back Des's judgement any day. We all probably thought the same thing yesterday when we heard Croker was in at the last minute ("What the ...."), and look how that worked out. Hopefully Gutho signs.

Don't get me wrong. I love the guy, and wish it were true

I honestly think this is Des helping Gutho out maximising his offer and rorting Parra in the process. He'll stay with them, unfortunately.

We were looking at KS to play centre but the James Roberts situation has put that to bed. We are looking at Gutho as a 6 not a centre.

Des has always been pretty conservative when it comes to signing wingers and centres. He seems to be able to craft FG quality out of almost anything and it appears that the form of Brad Parker and the inadequacies of Elgey has rendered 5/8 a bigger hole than centre.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8