The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Love Gutho, think he is a great 5/8, fullback or centre, didn't want him to go for Walker and back then advocated him as a 5/8 option........................but with a few years gone to look at both Gutho's and DCE's development as players I am not sure the complement each other.

Love Gutho, think he is a great 5/8, fullback or centre, didn't want him to go for Walker and back then advocated him as a 5/8 option........................but with a fe0w years gone to look at both Gutho's and DCE's development as players I am not sure the complement each other.

Agree.

A bloke like Townsend is the perfect foil for DCE.

But last time I checked, I wasn't in charge, so what do I know!

Yes... he played there for the eels and was very good. Guy can cover the backline and cover it very well. Hes a much better player then LG surely we can all agree on that
Much better than elgey.. I think gutho position is fullback. A very good one at that. He played a couple of games at 6 for parra. I fear people only want gutho coz he is killing it at parra at the back. I don't think he would have such an impact at 6. That's just my opinion though, still a player i hold in high regards just at 750k for someone I don't think is a natural 6.. I think we could find someone of quality for that price tag that is. Either way, whatever des decides I'll be happy with

Gutho at 6 would form a great combo with Turbo, even using turbo as decoy close to the line and running himself would be deadly.
At the right price if course, not convinced he is worth anywhere near $750k.

If he did sign as a 5/8 that would leave LG in Reggie's and I assume he'd be in $350K, a lot of $$ for a reserve grader.

Much better than elgey.. I think gutho position is fullback. A very good one at that. He played a couple of games at 6 for parra. I fear people only want gutho coz he is killing it at parra at the back. I don't think he would have such an impact at 6. That's just my opinion though, still a player i hold in high regards just at 750k for someone I don't think is a natural 6.. I think we could find someone of quality for that price tag that is. Either way, whatever des decides I'll be happy with
I remember him having some great games at 6 in 2017 when they came 4th, i get what your saying its alot of money but with the team we have he could be the missing link.. imagine we have walker as well. Gutho is a goer a leader he inspires other players to push themselves and be better this is why he became captain he leads by example and not just wants to win he has to win. The guy cried how many times for the slime. Hed got a great pass and a good running game plus he can kick goals. Id obviously love him back.... the fact that it would kill the eels fans has nothing to do with it..... ;)

While conjecture is all great why do so many people persist with the notion of constructing a 5/8 out of a gun player from another position?

For me the only notable 5/8 that has been a mainstay success after being moved was Lockyer. I know Bozo back in the day moved about and did ok but the modern day is littered with players who have unsuccessfully been moved to the halves to accommodate them.

Walker was ****e.
Hayne was ****e.
So many others that try and make the jump are ****e.
Gutho while a very good player is a fullback and should stay there.

Yes... he played there for the eels and was very good. Guy can cover the backline and cover it very well. Hes a much better player then LG surely we can all agree on that
Yes but based purely on Sunday's game and NOTHING else and even within those games - only the last 50 minutes of our game, he isn't better than our own superstar Croker...

Would be a difficult one for Gutho if he decided to accept Manly's offer, while still having to play out a whole season with the Eels.
Might even precipitate an immediate transfer one year early... (hmm, do the Eels need a decent hooker, for instance?)
All just idle speculation of course, gotta love modern NRL with its focus on player loyalty (not).

Would be a difficult one for Gutho if he decided to accept Manly's offer, while still having to play out a whole season with the Eels.
Might even precipitate an immediate transfer one year early... (hmm, do the Eels need a decent hooker, for instance?)
All just idle speculation of course, gotta love modern NRL with its focus on player loyalty (not).
Dalai may want LG :happy:

Win-win :clap:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8