The Great Outside Back Adventure ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
So if we get Tupalupa ... do we still need/want a Saab .. ?

By my reckoning ... we will have cornered the Australasian Market for back up outside backs ... we could hold a sale at the farmers market ..

We will have ... Walker, Jorge, Garrick, Funa, Harper, Parker, Suli, Tupaloopa, Saab, Miski, Anderson, Burbo, Koula, and Weeks ... that's 14 players ..

We will need a cull let alone a purge ... surely this is an unbalanced squad ??

Last edited:

By my reckoning ... we will have cornered the Australasian Market for back up outside backs ... we could hold a sale at the farmers market ..

We will have ... Walker, Jorge, Garrick, Funa, Harper, Parker, Suli, Tupaloopa, Saab, Miski, Anderson, Burbo, Koula, and Weeks ... that's 14 players ..

Jorge will be gone and Miski back to Blacktown - immediately down to 12, Burbo an edge forward? Anderson - development, Weeks the same and also a half? Just suggestions.

Wasn't it the Mole who said Tuipuloto might be coming here? Is that the entire extent of this so-called breaking news?
We clearly are still desirous of the Saab.
Jorge is busted and may be fit later in the year but at this stage he'll be battling to be on the wing for us in NRL. May retire? May play in a different league?
Garrick may go as a swap for Saab?
That leaves Funa as a winger, plus some development kids.
Centres will be Walker and Parker, as Suli is also expected to take a while to recover. Harper is 1st reserve. Then kids.

So maybe not as lop-sided as it looks at first glance?

I mentioned this in another thread. We would definitely need to let go of at least one of our regular starters IF we get Tuipulotu and Saab aswell. There must be some movement in the pipeline very shortly!

With the sad loss of Titmuss ... our forward stocks are ..

PROPS Kapow, Paseka, Keppie, Sipley and Boyle, and hopefully Aloaoiaoia, that's 6 (not enough)

2ND ROW .. Siro, Guacomole, Davey and GoJetski. (very light on)

LOCKE ... Jake ..

I know Dessie seems to have played Guacomole as a replacement middle forward ... but I am not a fan of that plan ...

Who have I missed ??

I'm thinking full strength:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker
04. Moses Suli
05. Christian Tuipulotu

would be the strongest team we could get (assuming as others have said Hopoate is gone). Depth is important (probably need some utility value as well). So the three I'd be focusing on:

• Ben Trbojevic
  • Tolutou Koula
  • Tevita Funa

Kaeo Weekes is a fullback I thought, but may be wrong. He's also been known to play 5/8.

Jorge will be gone and Miski back to Blacktown - immediately down to 12, Burbo an edge forward? Anderson - development, Weeks the same and also a half? Just suggestions.

Burbo has, by reports been training last year as a centre .. and remember the development players are available to play firsts ... no guarantee Jorge will go anywhere, he doesn't appeal to me to be a bloke that would go to the old blighty, and while his contract might not be huge, it would be enough to hesitate moving him on ..

I'm thinking full strength:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker
04. Moses Suli
05. Christian Tuipulotu

would be the strongest team we could get (assuming as others have said Hopoate is gone). Depth is important (probably need some utility value as well). So the three I'd be focusing on:

• Ben Trbojevic
  • Tolutou Koula
  • Tevita Funa

Kaeo Weekes is a fullback I thought, but may be wrong. He's also been known to play 5/8.

Just my gut feel ... but I think Saab is a million to one against to get a starting spot ... Garrick will be on one wing .. mark my words ... and he will have a great year ...

Burbo has, by reports been training last year as a centre .. and remember the development players are available to play firsts ... no guarantee Jorge will go anywhere, he doesn't appeal to me to be a bloke that would go to the old blighty, and while his contract might not be huge, it would be enough to hesitate moving him on ..
You might well be right mate - just my best guess - there will be some let go if we sign those two and Saab seems pretty much a goer - just waiting for the final agreement.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

You mean

Christian Tuipulotu

cheese and crackers Woodsie! fair dinkum

sign 'em all and then a cage match I reckon.

We are planning to win the Nines comp.

. no guarantee Jorge will go anywhere, he doesn't appeal to me to be a bloke that would go to the old blighty, and while his contract might not be huge, it would be enough to hesitate moving him on ..

100% agree with this logic

I would be amazed if he is moved on.

Not saying it should or should not happen, just to me it seems highly unlikely.

With the sad loss of Titmuss ... our forward stocks are ..

PROPS Kapow, Paseka, Keppie, Sipley and Boyle, and hopefully Aloaoiaoia, that's 6 (not enough)

2ND ROW .. Siro, Guacomole, Davey and GoJetski. (very light on)

LOCKE ... Jake ..

I know Dessie seems to have played Guacomole as a replacement middle forward ... but I am not a fan of that plan ...

Who have I missed ??
Forgetting Sione Fainu and Zac Saddler in there

All the more reason to make Parker into a Gosiewski type player. Bulk up and just become a stand in centre/second row from the bench. He has no frills to his attack to be a centre.

Jorge getting on with age he’ll probably go to ESL soon

although I agree, way too heavy on outside backs who are all the same level of ability basically (bar say Dylan and Suli)

Last edited:

Agree we are not very well balanced as yet.

On Miski I have not seen or heard if he is signed for 2021, he is not in the 30 and I have not seen him signed for 2021 as a development player.

With Cust and Croker looking like our number nine options we need a back up halve, in the squad DCE and Cust are our options in the seven jumper.

Middle options a plenty with the guys you mentioned plus the development players in S Fainu, Tuitavake and Saddler.

Hopefully Guaca plays on an edge and not the middle, if Des does play Guaca in the middle we only have three edge players, leaving us short there. One option is that Suli could play an edge role, he does plenty of hard carries and has good size.

I would like a number nine in the 30 with Fainu still being stood down or another halve option as backup for DCE. This is also assuming Foran and Schuster will play number six.

If we sign Saab, Tuipulotu and Aloai it gives us 29/30 signed and we have 5/6 development players signed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4