The Gorman 'Lyall.'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have plenty of time for Lyall, he seems passionate about his vision for the club, but I certainly agree with the rest of the thoughts here. This is the time he needs to be steering the ship, specifically with this salary cap mess.

If he isn't fronting this SC investigation at this time, who is?
Great he has a passionate vision, how about he hangs around to implement it rather than travelling o/s.

I really can't get my head around an experienced NRL CEO being on holidays in the middle of a NRL season and while waiting on a cap appeal determination he spent a lot of time working on..

He planned it before he started here and we said ok? No way.
It was planned after he came here and we said ok? No way.
He is thinking of quitting and has been given time to think it over? Highly unlikely.
He has quit? Maybe.
He has been fired? I doubt it.
Is he in the Middle East? I hope so.

There is something big to this.

As per usual you make some valid points @lsz

Just a couple of points that I would argue

Let’s use retail for example December January busiest time of the year and holidays are locked out during that time of the year as that is peak season.

Rugby leagues version of annual leave lock out would be February to October peak season.

Correct Mr Gorman wasn’t employed at the time but had only recently resigned from the same role at a competitor in the same industry I would find it hard to believe he would have had leave booked when he was employed especially when it was alluded to he left cronulla because he got the job at manly.

I’d actually have no problem with the ceo being on leave but we have a suspended COO, a chairman who I think went missing not long after MH17 went missing and a brand new GM football.

Who’s running the joint? Super coach Trent??

We probably had to agree to him taking leave to have agree to coming over. We don't have the best history with CEO's.
As far as twenty running the show do you really think Penn would give him that power?

Maybe he's like....over in ....um say ...Canada....speaking to some rich ex-pat fans that have too much money and wanna help out the club!

(thinking of @robbiea )

We probably had to agree to him taking leave to have agree to coming over.

I can't imagine any successful businessman hiring ANYONE in the NRL under that premise.Why would you hire a NRL CEO that WANTS to have 3 weeks off mid-season? I wouldn't, regardless of our poor record of CEO's.

I can't imagine any successful businessman hiring ANYONE in the NRL under that premise.Why would you hire a NRL CEO that WANTS to have 3 weeks off mid-season? I wouldn't, regardless of our poor record of CEO's.

Let’s just say Lyall and his wife , whilst unemployed, booked on one of those 18 night river cruises from Amsterdam to Budapest, circa $18500 pp, non refundable.

Then gets the offer of a job.

If I was Lyall I’d be saying , “ no problems but unless you’d like to fund $37k in cancellation fees I’ll need 3 weeks off in July”.

Perfectly acceptable conditions considering,

1) his credentials as being one of the best available.

2) his costs come out of your pocket NOT the NRL.

If I was Lyall I’d be saying , “ no problems but unless you’d like to fund $37k in cancellation fees I’ll need 3 weeks off in July”.

Perfectly acceptable conditions considering,

1) his credentials as being one of the best available.

2) his costs come out of your pocket NOT the NRL.

Ok, let's say he had this booked.

What is he on at Manly, 400k?

Doesn't really add up mate, not to me anyway.

Why is it SECRET?.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
I hope Lyall left someone behind at Narrabeen to answer the phones.

Has anyone seen Lyall?
manly-coach-trent-barrett__318107_.jpg

Here I am and I am not happy as I am on holiday and people keep calling me about football

3FFEE66400000578-4479086-image-a-65_1494045169364.jpg

Last edited:
So Gorman has finished months of work addressing the Cap crap at least.:nod:

Why do people believe that he is on a vacation?

Could be following up on any number of Club related work like sourcing Sponsors etc :nerd:

Manly looks like our defensive coach has left the building, if anyone knows who that was to start with :confused:
We should sign Seibold

Oh that's right

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8