The Gorman 'Lyall.'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So Gorman has finished months of work addressing the Cap crap at least.:nod:

Why do people believe that he is on a vacation?

Could be following up on any number of Club related work like sourcing Sponsors etc :nerd:

Manly looks like our defensive coach has left the building, if anyone knows who that was to start with :confused:

Just thinking from a positive point of view that, the salary cap debacle is done and dusted, we won our appeal, Gorman is off on hols whilst the nrl are trying to work out the best way of announcing it without looking like the complete tools they are @:)

Last edited:
So Gorman has finished months of work addressing the Cap crap at least.:nod:

Why do people believe that he is on a vacation?

Could be following up on any number of Club related work like sourcing Sponsors etc :nerd:

Manly looks like our defensive coach has left the building, if anyone knows who that was to start with :confused:

Anyone think he might be "vacationing" in Qatar ??

This was my thought. Do we know he is actually holidaying or are the penns serious about a buy out so they have headed over to discuss a deal.

The club isn't going to announce that as it's a private deal, and they know the media vultures will spin it negative for the rest of the season.

Or has quit/sacked. Let's see if he is back in 3 weeks.

Has anyone on here ever had a job interview?

During it you normally ask...do you have any holidays planned? From memory he was not working at the time he was employed with us so it is entirely reasonable that he had a holiday planned.

If that was the case the club had a choice of either securing a potentially high grade employee for the sake of letting him go on holidays.

Of course that might be way too sensible for the club or some posters

Well I may not be SENSIBLE, but his former best mate Buzz was totally shocked that a club CEO would be away on "HOLIDAYS" for the most important part of the season.

But yes he may have had a wedding/funeral or any number of things going on his own life that are way more important than work. But it was described as 3 week holiday in the email.

I would imagine bloke on $250K plus would take travel insurance for a couple hundred bucks.

Well I may not be SENSIBLE, but his former best mate Buzz was totally shocked that a club CEO would be away on "HOLIDAYS" for the most important part of the season.

But yes he may have had a wedding/funeral or any number of things going on his own life that are way more important than work. But it was described as 3 week holiday in the email.

I would imagine bloke on $250K plus would take travel insurance for a couple hundred bucks.
In buzz we trust?

I dont think the insurance company will accept a claim for:

"Trying to fix a once great club's season from hell and behind the scenes drama" :giggle:

He’d be on a lot more than that.

During it you normally ask...do you have any holidays planned? From memory he was not working at the time he was employed with us so it is entirely reasonable that he had a holiday planned.

If that was the case the club had a choice of either securing a potentially high grade employee for the sake of letting him go on holidays.

Sure I've been to an interview, but not for the role of CEO of one of the biggest sports franchises in Australia. Unless it's to some once in a hundred year event surely the 'sensible' thing to do would be to push it back until the season of the sport of which you are a CEO of ends.

Sure I've been to an interview, but not for the role of CEO of one of the biggest sports franchises in Australia. Unless it's to some once in a hundred year event surely the 'sensible' thing to do would be to push it back until the season of the sport of which you are a CEO of ends.

We are one of the biggest franchises? we are not even in the top 5 for the NRL.....

Potentially it is all part of the negotiation process which both party enters.

A question....before this "news" broke did anyone even know that he was not in the office?

As per usual you make some valid points @lsz

Just a couple of points that I would argue

Let’s use retail for example December January busiest time of the year and holidays are locked out during that time of the year as that is peak season.

Rugby leagues version of annual leave lock out would be February to October peak season.

Correct Mr Gorman wasn’t employed at the time but had only recently resigned from the same role at a competitor in the same industry I would find it hard to believe he would have had leave booked when he was employed especially when it was alluded to he left cronulla because he got the job at manly.

I’d actually have no problem with the ceo being on leave but we have a suspended COO, a chairman who I think went missing not long after MH17 went missing and a brand new GM football.

Who’s running the joint? Super coach Trent??

As per usual you make some valid points @lsz

Just a couple of points that I would argue

Let’s use retail for example December January busiest time of the year and holidays are locked out during that time of the year as that is peak season.

Rugby leagues version of annual leave lock out would be February to October peak season.

Correct Mr Gorman wasn’t employed at the time but had only recently resigned from the same role at a competitor in the same industry I would find it hard to believe he would have had leave booked when he was employed especially when it was alluded to he left cronulla because he got the job at manly.

I’d actually have no problem with the ceo being on leave but we have a suspended COO, a chairman who I think went missing not long after MH17 went missing and a brand new GM football.

Who’s running the joint? Super coach Trent??

And that is the point Cambo - the club decided to let him go on leave....they are the ones accountable

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8