The 'General Off-Topic Discussion, Banter, Arguments & Hopefully Some Mediation' Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well that thread clean-up worked a treat.

I thought all you old leftie tarts were into social engineering .... just kidding .. I think .. yeah, I was just kidding.

But, when the zealous mods have us all posting in the correct threads and remove all personality from the site ... we will have ........

Insert often before "reliable", and swap out "even" for always, and I agree with the sentiment absolutely.
Yep, gotcha Simon. And yet ... clarifying this with a fingers and moons metaphor would risk starting a nuclear meltdown in the existential genitalia of certain unnamed identities here. ;)

Yep, gotcha Simon. And yet ... clarifying this with a fingers and moons metaphor would risk starting a nuclear meltdown in the existential genitalia of certain unnamed identities here. ;)
Sorry, Simmo, not Simon. Where has the 60 second edit button gone???

G'day Budg. Yes I am indeed.

Hope you're well. Great site of course, but can be a tad more than tedious here at times. The usual suspects are only really interested in taking cheap shots at players, officials or others here with opinions, religion or politics different to their own. I've now accepted that attempting to engage or challenge is futile and only inflames. Intolerance, and it's partner insecurity, rule in social media, and I guess Dan sees the drama as good for business. That's life.

The thing that gets me checking in here from time to time now is that there's many others with abundant generous good spirit, positivity and intelligence like you, GE, HappilyManly, SER8, Bearfax, MF76, etc, etc who you'd struggle to find saying a single negative thing about anyone on the planet. And quirky (I love quirky) others like Ryan who plays the drama game but happily says he's wrong and ultimately works at making Sea Eagle mates of everyone in his idiosyncratic and bipolar ways. And the silent majority who just ignore rubbish posts, talk footy and love this mighty club.

Back on topic, I am super excited with the Joel Thompson signing and the possibilities for the season ahead.

I’d love to see more of the banter and intelligent debate return let’s make it a New Years resolution

Respectful and tolerable debate i guess really should be the over riding and over arching aim and intention with this type of forum . Everyone is going to come to this forum with their own individual set of beliefs and outlooks or whatever but of course primarily it is a footy and footy debating forum so we should all be aware of the basic and understandable ground rules and even individual responsibilities Overall still seems an environment and forum here where freedom of expression and opinion is fairly pluralistic and allowable . One thing that i do find a little disappointing is that some of the personal abuse that does fortunately only rarely occur comes from a couple of posters with some real intellectual grunt and who have offered and could still offer some really good contributions if they just showed a little self control . But again respect and tolerance should be a mutual norm and even obligation , and with left , right , centre or any which way set of beliefs or outlooks .

Respectful and tolerable debate i guess really should be the over riding and over arching aim and intention with this type of forum . Everyone is going to come to this forum with their own individual set of beliefs and outlooks or whatever but of course primarily it is a footy and footy debating forum so we should all be aware of the basic and understandable ground rules and even individual responsibilities Overall still seems an environment and forum here where freedom of expression and opinion is fairly pluralistic and allowable . One thing that i do find a little disappointing is that some of the personal abuse that does fortunately only rarely occur comes from a couple of posters with some real intellectual grunt and who have offered and could still offer some really good contributions if they just showed a little self control . But again respect and tolerance should be a mutual norm and even obligation , and with left , right , centre or any which way set of beliefs or outlooks .

There’s some very smart people on here, and a fair few dickheads, and a few smart dickheads.

They usually show their true colours every off season.

I like sausage rolls ...... mmmmm
Enjoy feathered friend . Just don't choke on them ;)
1489637225249.jpg

There’s some very smart people on here, and a fair few dickheads, and a few smart dickheads.

They usually show their true colours every off season.
Well Mark, I agree and this dickhead is gone. One less for you to worry about. I'm done. Manlyal hit the nail on the head about respect, the lack of any basic respect, or common human decency, in many postings here.

I totally get why Susan disappeared from this site. Unlike me, he was a huge loss. Like me he was a (very) long term poster and Manly tragic. We both go back to the early days under different monikers, his far more clever than mine.

Banter and intelligent debate are polar opposites of name calling, divisiveness and outright nastiness. Nastiness dressed in clever humour, diversions and rationalisations remains lipstick on a pig.

I will await the inevitable applause from Woodsie & TerryRandall (and co?) that another 'leftie' (in their inanely simplistic left/right worldview) has been killed off. Congrats guys.

Well Mark, I agree and this dickhead is gone. One less for you to worry about. I'm done. Manlyal hit the nail on the head about respect, the lack of any basic respect, or common human decency, in many postings here.

I totally get why Susan disappeared from this site. Unlike me, he was a huge loss. Like me he was a (very) long term poster and Manly tragic. We both go back to the early days under different monikers, his far more clever than mine.

Banter and intelligent debate are polar opposites of name calling, divisiveness and outright nastiness. Nastiness dressed in clever humour, diversions and rationalisations remains lipstick on a pig.

I will await the inevitable applause from Woodsie & TerryRandall (and co?) that another 'leftie' (in their inanely simplistic left/right worldview) has been killed off. Congrats guys.
I see Rex the Moose is back . The man that always says it how it is !
Welcome back Rex. We are all better for having characters like you here :)
s-l500.jpg

I never understood why you cared about what others think - it is their loss not yours

I never understood why you cared about what others think - it is their loss not yours
At the end of the day feathered friend .Opinions are like assholes and we all have one. Sometimes we all stink . No one is perfect
Merry Xmas ;)
VE104-790431.gif

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4