The Folau Saga ... or Castle's Catastrophy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
It just gets funnier and funnier ... and betterer and betterer .....

I can only hope that Raelene .. (let's get rid of the dancing Cheerleaders) .. Castle gets the job as the CEO of Parramatta soon .....

... and I am really looking forward to ToddyaboutfaceMcGreenturd's media interview if an NRL club should lodge a contract for Folau .....

What does this mean regarding the No Fault situation...hmmmm. I know. Different circumstances, but a demonstration that large organisations sometimes cant run rough shod over the individual. Mind you I still think Folau was dumb in respect of what he said on social media, but that's another issue

Can't believe that they agreed to any sort of settlement, no matter how wildly inaccurate it is speculated to be.

I assume Izzy only answers to one judge, so why is he settling out of court if he is so adamant that he is right ? He wouldn't be compromising his beliefs and faith for money would he ?? Surely not.

Call me cynical but after he had his contract torn up, it was only ever going to be about money, as his meal ticket, and I’m guessing that of his extended family/ church/ assorted hangers on, in the Polynesian way of things, had his/ their meal ticket evaporate.

The recently increased claim amount, however much a negotiating tactic, only proved it IMO. Especially the ridiculous claim that he could have been the Wallabies captain; I’d have as much chance of that and I’m 60, overweight and I never actually played rugby union; only league.

If he was about the principles, he wouldn’t have settled or apologised.

RA obviously made their decisions on a commercial basis of risk v reward but overall, they need to take a good hard look at how they conducted themselves as well.

Ra copped out as it generally does. Ray Ray is a walking disaster in top line management. Izzy is still a bigoted self righteous twat. Green turd is still a **
The world is back to normal. everyone relax.

On another note my ex wife was an trolley dolly many years ago and a lot of our friends were gay air stewards. i had a pretty good gadar and may the lord strike me down but geez i was surprised IF doesn't bat for the alternate side.

Call me cynical but after he had his contract torn up, it was only ever going to be about money

Of cousre it was about money .... his employer just tore up his contract .... what else do you suggest he should sue for ... ?

If he was about the principles, he wouldn’t have settled or apologised.

When your opponent offers to settle ... paying you part/all of the money you were sueing them for, and then publicly has to apologise to you .... you have won .... why in 5 shades of pink would you need to go on .. ??

... And if you read the "apology" Folau had to make ... it was simply a reiteration of his original statements that his comments were not intended to cause pain ... if anything his apology was simply an opportunity to restate his case ......

Of cousre it was about money .... his employer just tore up his contract .... what else do you suggest he should sue for ... ?

Well. y'know, Mr Grumpy, he did say he'd accept anything RA would do as God's will and that'd be the end of it. No, I'm not finding that interview for you.

So like, so there..I guess.

edit: Oh what else should he sue for...dunno. I just meant he indicated he would accept RA's findings.

Meh, I give up. It's raining.

Well. y'know, Mr Grumpy, he did say he'd accept anything RA would do as God's will and that'd be the end of it. No, I'm not finding that interview for you.

So like, so there..I guess.

edit: Oh what else should he sue for...dunno. I just meant he indicated he would accept RA's findings.

Meh, I give up. It's raining.

But then it MUST have been God's will that he sued them .... or he wouldn't of have .... so chewy on your boot Moose ...

I am interested in seeing what QANTAS the Wallabies permanently outraged we will cancel our support sponsors make of this .... surely they will tip in some of the court costs ....

Settling any lawsuit is always a serious option, because wins are not guaranteed and the cost of running a case can become a major issue in itself.
Seems like a lot of people think this was a very simple issue that was messed up by Rugby Australia, haven't followed it closely enough to agree with that but certainly it was far from a simple issue and it just so happened it arose in rugby, could just as easily have come up in League.
One thing is certain, I'm sure standard conditions in playing contracts for all our various codes will have been adjusted as a direct result of what Folau has done.

Let's start a poll .... (Q) Who will be the first journo to post a story about 3 un-named NRL clubs in secret talks with Folau ??

No doubt the ongoing and mounting legal bills would have had a significant influence on R A position to settle on even a basic form of a palatable settlement with Izzy . Izzy still probably had the benefit of some or much of the proceeds of his Go Fund public money to prolong his legal case for a pay out , the R A not the same luxury of easily acquired funds to then continue to outlay for legal bills to support their position .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7