The Excuses Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Lack of success can be attributed to many factors no doubt but not having one 's best players on the paddock consistently and in good form consistently , only could rate as the main factor .
The main factor that rates higher over all fatalities feathered friend is having the courage and capacity to find a way and over come adversity and prevail

The Storm lost their number one for the season and made the top 4
They lost half their premiership winning International forward pack in Smith the Bromwich Brothers and Kafusi and made top 4

For every losing Excuse there is a Greater winning Solution from the Great innovators

The moral of the story ...
Excuses are as useless as Tits on a Bull
Excuses have never risen any one above Mediocrity
1699234132379.png

Last edited:
Thanks, this is a great idea Bozo, I've had trouble keeping up with all your many excuses, now you can leave them all in one handy thread!
we have kept making wrong choices
Is that an excuse for not winning?
This is a result of years of Bad choices
Ah, not just wrong choices, bad choices. And for years! no wonder we lose!
the people in Control that do not have the capacity
Yes, we lose because the people in Control are incompetent! Excellent excuse
You dont bag the players
You bag the people at the club that recruit those players and fail to live up top their clubs high expectations
exactly! we lose because of the recruitment team!
Under the Penn Occupation Manly have been underachieving
It's the owners fault! perfect excuse!
Croker is not a dynamic spine player
He is a goer but we can only go so far with him
Well we can bag the players a bit. Mediocre players, an outstanding excuse!
Incompetent Salary cap Managers
yes yes yes!
As far as slow goes unfortunately he does not poses the Killer Speed Seed in his genes
Slow players, what do we expect with slow players?

The moral of the story ...
Excuses are as useless as Tits on a Bull
Then why do you make so many of them?!!

Thanks, this is a great idea Bozo, I've had trouble keeping up with all your many excuses, now you can leave them all in one handy thread!

Is that an excuse for not winning?

Ah, not just wrong choices, bad choices. And for years! no wonder we lose!

Yes, we lose because the people in Control are incompetent! Excellent excuse

exactly! we lose because of the recruitment team!

It's the owners fault! perfect excuse!

Well we can bag the players a bit. Mediocre players, an outstanding excuse!

yes yes yes!

Slow players, what do we expect with slow players?

Then why do you make so many of them?!!
You are always welcome ..
Above What you see as excuses are statements from me feathered friend
What is the meaning a Statement ?
A report of the fact that we have been underachieving

Above What you see as excuses are statements from me feathered friend
Well it can be hard to spot the difference!
You say the reason for Manly's lean run is not bad luck, you identify a reason for it.
But then you say other people's reasons are not reasons, they are excuses.
Can you explain this?

This Thread is for those that live in a fantasy world
Let's see if I can help.
It is a fantasy to say Manly is the most dominant, most winning club, with only the highest standards of achievement.
True, Manly has a glorious history, and Manly was such a club during the 70s. And '80s, '90s...
Currently we are not even one of the top half dozen most winning clubs.
For all of us here, this situation is highly annoying. But living in fantasyland does't help!
You can't solve it by saying, 'Win you bastards!! We are Manly!'
And ridiculing Silvertails posters who try to analyse the various shortcomings, by saying they are just making excuses, doesn't help either!

Well it can be hard to spot the difference!
You say the reason for Manly's lean run is not bad luck, you identify a reason for it.
But then you say other people's reasons are not reasons, they are excuses.
Can you explain this?
There is a difference and If you cannot fathom the difference I can not help you feathered friend
It was a statement and not an excuse that I made
Have a Happy day :)

Let's see if I can help.
It is a fantasy to say Manly is the most dominant, most winning club, with only the highest standards of achievement.
True, Manly has a glorious history, and Manly was such a club during the 70s. And '80s, '90s...
Currently we are not even one of the top half dozen most winning clubs.
For all of us here, this situation is highly annoying. But living in fantasyland does't help!
You can't solve it by saying, 'Win you bastards!! We are Manly!'
And ridiculing Silvertails posters who try to analyse the various shortcomings, by saying they are just making excuses, doesn't help either!
Let see if I can help you understand the reality of our Manly Fantasy

Fantasies are Dreams that come true for those that dare to keep their dream alive

In our Glorious Days we turned our fantasy in to a reality as the most successful club
The Reality now is we have not been able to live up to our Legendary clubs Benchmark of Premiership winning Greatness
And as you Know if we lower our Legendary clubs Greatness we stand for Nothing Great

And so I ask you ? Do we Stop Dreaming/ Fantasying of being great again ?
Do we settle for mediocrity and keep living in the reality of our mediocre existence ?

I say we must Dream / Fantasise Big again and Rise up gain above our Mediocre exitance and be the Successful Manly club once gain

In the times of black people persecution and discrimination
The Great Dreamer Martin King had a Dream /Fantasy that all black and white Men in America will be seen as equal
The Fantasy turned into a reality and we had an American Black President

The moral of the story
Dreams only become Myths and Fantasies if we fail to pursue them
And we do not want to remain a Manly Myth
1699238284333.png

Last edited:
Even the great Bozo only had a win % as a coach in the 60% range. Therefore he was a loser 40% of the time under your rules. He presided as a selector during our worst run of SOO losses on record. But, but we were up against Smith, Thurston, Cronk and Slater. He brought in the great man Trent Barrett. A mighty success. Even the great don't always get it right. But we still love Bozo and we still love Manly. There is more to supporting a team than Premierships.

Even the great Bozo only had a win % as a coach in the 60% range. Therefore he was a loser 40% of the time under your rules. He presided as a selector during our worst run of SOO losses on record. But, but we were up against Smith, Thurston, Cronk and Slater. He brought in the great man Trent Barrett. A mighty success. Even the great don't always get it right. But we still love Bozo and we still love Manly. There is more to supporting a team than Premierships.
The thing that people do not understand feathered friend is that

The Great Incomparable Immortal never failed . Others failed to live up to his Great Winning Standards
1699239803180.png

"Others failed to live up to his Great Winning Standards" ...that is an excuse right there my friend!

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8