[Resurrected] The end of Scam Smith???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Good riddance

He is the biggest w$$$$r I know in league.

Never liked the bloke and will always be a cheat in my eyes.

Imagine vonnie on fox this weekend or channel 9 tomorrow night on there coverage makes me feel sick to think the tribute Smith will get.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

WOOHOO!!!!

:party::party::party::party::party::party::birthdaycake::birthdaycake::birthdaycake::birthdaycake::birthdaycake::gift::gift::gift::gift:

giphy.gif

"The NRL says goodbye to one of its most influential referees today with the announcement of sCam smiths retirement" - Only 4 years after his testimonial game.

I'm even prepared to put up with the inevitable love fest / claims of being the goat / and calls to induct him as an immortal straight away as it now means I don't have to see him run around in the nrl anymore.

Only time I saw him live at the ground was round 1 at Brookie several years ago. I was left thinking, ah, so that's why he's rated so highly. Won the game for Storm and was a class above everyone else.
As for being so despised, he hasn't helped himself with certain of his choices/antics, which I don't need to rehash now. Nevertheless it is also true that dominant sportspeople often polarise, they're a threat to your own team's success. Not to mention that being totally hard-nosed and single-minded was probably a key part of them scaling the heights. I've heard criticism of the likes of Fulton and Don Bradman, not as players but for some of their personal interactions

Only time I saw him live at the ground was round 1 at Brookie several years ago. I was left thinking, ah, so that's why he's rated so highly. Won the game for Storm and was a class above everyone else.
As for being so despised, he hasn't helped himself with certain of his choices/antics, which I don't need to rehash now. Nevertheless it is also true that dominant sportspeople often polarise, they're a threat to your own team's success. Not to mention that being totally hard-nosed and single-minded was probably a key part of them scaling the heights. I've heard criticism of the likes of Fulton and Don Bradman, not as players but for some of their personal interactions

Very true, often the most elite sportsmen are not very well-liked because their determination to win at all costs & focus (the very qualities that make them elite instead of just a good athlete) rubs a lot of people up the wrong way.

As usual, its all about Scam. I think Drizzle have moved on and really for what its worth. Scam you might be a great of the game, hold endless records etc but you will NEVER be considered or remembered as a sporting idol, due to your win at all costs and bend ever rule to achieve your success. You spent most of your career as a protected specials and you are easily the most controversial figure in the game over the last decade or so.

BTW the game is actually bigger than you will ever be!!
He's a show pony, he just wants to make himself the centrepiece of the new season, I'll be glad to see the back of him but I expect Fox or nine have already offered buckets full of dollars to add his sickening voice to their call, if so I'll be watching the games with the sound down the radio on

Scam will be remembered for some dark things in the game like him signing 2 contracts a decade or so ago, his complete denial of their cheating and what it did to the game at the time. The day he said to a referee that if a certain player ducks he doesnt get hurt and the player ends up a paraplegic and when the outrage of the football world turned on him, he and his cronies turned it into him being the victim.

One thing about Scam, you either love him or not. I respect his playing achievements and I remember the damage he also did to the game!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8