The Devolution of the Sloth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I do remember seeing Tom Raudinikis in an interview once where he said that despite all the press about Wests being poor and all that, he and a few of his team mates still lived in nice 3 bedroom suburban homes, had decent day jobs etc.

They weren't as fibro as Masters claimed and the press bought into.

As the bomb thrower says all the time there were more Fibro houses in Narrabeen and Curl Curl than Strathfield and Ashield in the 1970s

Oh my. Not only did this man believe all that rubbish when he first heard it, he's still clinging onto it 40 years later.
Amazing. He hasn't evolved in 40 years.
In saying that I can picture myself in 2028 watching a very retro Grand Final replay, chanting 40-nil and laughing at Izzy crying.:giggle:

Oh my. Not only did this man believe all that rubbish when he first heard it, he's still clinging onto it 40 years later.
Amazing. He hasn't evolved in 40 years.
In saying that I can picture myself in 2028 watching a very retro Grand Final replay, chanting 40-nil and laughing at Izzy crying.:giggle:
#MeToo.

Does anyone have his address so I know where to send a carton of tissues

Id love it if someone actually did it!!
If the gift shop sold Manly branded tissues they’d be a sell out for Christmas! I’m sure we can all think of at least one peanut in our lives we could send a box to.
* Manly tissues and Parramatta toilet paper would be a great combo pack from Santa

He’s trapped in a paradigm conjured up by masters.

All of the manly players of the era worked full time as plumbers, truckies, cellermen, labourers, garboes, cops or teachers even.
Back in ‘79 Wayne Smith was a teacher at my primary school. I don’t remember much about him as he only stayed that year. I do remember him having the same look on his face (below) when he scored lunchtime playground duty.
Years later I was talking to my old man about him, and he tells me then that he only lasted the year because all the Mums of the kids in his class suddenly wanted after school meetings with him. And the fathers were none to happy about it.

99CFA2DF-43D8-40CE-A73A-5F6E8FC61AD0.jpeg

Back in ‘79 Wayne Smith was a teacher at my primary school. I don’t remember much about him as he only stayed that year. I do remember him having the same look on his face (below) when he scored lunchtime playground duty.
Years later I was talking to my old man about him, and he tells me then that he only lasted the year because all the Mums of the kids in his class suddenly wanted after school meetings with him. And the fathers were none to happy about it.

View attachment 13183
Dessie taught PE at st pius in Chatswood. Legend has it he broke a few doors in the gym

Dessie taught PE at st pius in Chatswood. Legend has it he broke a few doors in the gym

Old Pius boy myself. He was a teacher in the Junior school when I was there so our paths never crossed.

He used to tell all the Junior kids that Des was his twin brother. Quite a few in the Junior School believed it.

Kept that up for a while until the Herald did a front page on him at school in his classroom.

I still can't call him by his first name almost 40 years later. He's still Sir or Mr Hasler.

Would be very surprised if Gibbs would have knocked back an offer to join another club for better money at the time [ if he was good enough ] like O Grady and Raudonikis to the cashed up Newtown and even Manly .Ironically , the Wests Magpies of that era and when they largely ignored Masters thuggery influence , could play some pretty decent footy , there certainly was some talent there .But for Gibbsey to be still apparently carrying a grudge against Manly after some forty years and all that has transpired since in footy seems a bit distorted on any level .

View attachment 13183
I met Wayne a few times as he lives in the Shire and he always presented a good bloke . I worked at the same place with his wife and she said he was a dedicated father and husband .

View attachment 13183
He was a pretty fair player.
Had a great sidestep .
But I think he used to sidestep a bit of defence as well but could attack alright...

Oh dear it's sad to see stories of the less fortunate and feeble minded in society. I do hope he gets help to overcome this horrible affliction of Mastersitis.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4