The Dead Wood needs to go!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just my two cents worth but I am firmly of the opinion that backs only perform as well as their forwards allow. There seems to be this notion that we are holding our own in the middle but being exposed on the edges. I disagree. We are being badly beaten in the middle, both with and without the ball. We are struggling to create any momentum around the ruck due to Croker's service and a lacklustre effort from a pack that lacks leg speed. It's no surprise that Bully has been the most impressive performer in the middle thus far, because he is the only middle with any speed over the advantage line. Aloiai used to have some but his knees put an end to that. Paseka and Keppie are cumbersome. I'd never knock Jake's effort but he is slow over the ad line.

Then when the opposition have the ball, they are running through us, finding their front and playing the ball quickly, then we backpedal and there's no line speed as a result. Teams shift the ball off quick ruck speed and the edges are exposed. It will happen to any edge in the competition, when their forwards are not controlling the ruck. Sure, Harper and Parker struggle to compensate for the problems in the middle more-so than other centres, but targeting the backs is not going to be the difference between winning and losing. Fixing the big problems in the middle will bring us closer to winning than moving the likes of Parker and Harper on. Of course, I'd like more dynamic centres than Parker and Harper to potentially challenge for a premiership but they are not the reason we cannot compete at the moment.

The Woods Perspective
Woods was released by the Sharks to make way for their more dynamic pack and could not get a start at the bottom of the 8 St George pack but he looks good for our NRL side ?

I saw the nsw cup game replay as well and aging woods who was dominant at his peak many years ago is not the dynamic forward we need against dynamic packs like the Benchmark Panthers .
Woods does everything in slow motion and slow is not the go in the modern game
You're probably right Bozo, guess we'll find out come Friday night if this is a genius move or the other, not so good move.

So if we clear the deadwood what do we have left.
1. Turbo - if ever fit
2. Saab
3. Myers
4. Koula
5. Garrick
6. Schu
7. Humphrey's
8. Paseka
9. GCKT
10. Sipley
11. Olakau'atu
12. Sykes
13. Jake T

14 Weekes
15. Bullemore
16 S Fainu
17. Stuckey
Change is fatal to our future and the right changes will move us in the right direction
As the same old same old will deliver the same old results
The Exciting Myers Koula centre combination looks refreshing from the tired and tried Parker /Harper model
Humphreys at half from what I have seen could be another Flanagan and I dont think he is ready for the next step up
GCKT at hooker could be our Asian version of the Great Harry Grant as the hard working croker has his limits . We need an X factor in the middle to fck up the opposition
Fainu is the star forward player of the future
Jake T these days plays better at prop and that was proven at SOO level
Sipley is more of a young players mentor than a malicious NRL prop
The Dynamic Weeks may not be full time 5/8 but he is great off the bench
I would have the tenacious Fulton on the bench instead of Stuckey who has also shown plenty of promise

At the end of the day all our players in our squad have the final say and good luck to all of them and may the best players get rewarded on their superior performances Because at the moment we have players in our NRL team that are getting dominated by the superior opposition

Last edited:
You're probably right Bozo, guess we'll find out come Friday night if this is a genius move or the other, not so good move.
I like Woodsy because he was a Manly fan when he was a boy and as a Man he became a great Player who had the great honor of captaining the Tigers team as well as representing his state and his country

I could dig up our greatest Immortal grave and put him in the centres but the reality is every great players time comes up
Now Woodie is not dead yet but his time has long gone as a dominant NRL Foward
He was let go by the Sharks and could not get a start up at the struggling Dragons
But then again if Jesus could bring back Lazurus from the dead
Seibold could bring back Woods from the dead ? But I think I am the very doubting Thomas on this one

Last edited:
Change is fatal to our future and the right changes will move us in the right direction
As the same old same old will deliver the same old results
The Exciting Myers Koula centre combination looks refreshing from the tired and tried Parker /Harper model
Humphreys at half from what I have seen could be another Flanagan and I dont think he is ready for the next step up
GCKT at hooker could be our Asian version of the Great Harry Grant as the hard working croker has his limits . We need an X factor in the middle to fck up the opposition
Fainu is the star forward player of the future
Jake T these days plays better at prop and that was proven at SOO level
Sipley is more of a young players mentor than a malicious NRL prop
The Dynamic Weeks may not be full time 5/8 but he is great off the bench
I would have the tenacious Fulton on the bench instead of Stuckey who has also shown plenty of promise

At the end of the day all our players in our squad have the final say and good luck to all of them and may the best players get rewarded on their superior performances Because at the moment we have players in our NRL team that are getting dominated by the superior opposition
Def need to give Meyers a go at centre...while Harper is in the team, everyone else will start forgetting the words for the team song after a win.

Im surprised that posters on here think the Woods was signed to be a topline NRL player. No wonder you are blowing up. His signing could be good/great and he may never play another game.

We took a player off saints and delivered 2.

We created an extra spot in our top 30 (I hope it for GCKT)

we ended up with money in the pocket to upgrade Olakauatu

Woods has been a proven mentor for young forwards. Maybe to will help to have a slightly different balance away from poly

1681288873311.gif

Should've been 2 time CCM, because at the end of the day the Dally M medal doesn't win you a premiership, it doesn't come close, we win games without Tom, we lose games without DCE other than the 2 trials this year if that's how far you need to push arrogance and ignorance, our win percentage without Tom is likely around 30% since he took up fullback, maybe we've won more than one game without DCE since he took the 7
Clive Churchill twice? With all due respect there is no way he was the best player on the park in the warriors GF

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8