• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I look in the mvp threads and jake has to stop cold the xxxx express to register half a vote Despite being mr dependable every week . Under appreciated by manly fans is this mans footy
He and croker allow us to look in the hunt

cherry showed as much effort and as little in attack last week as jake does and everyone loses there minds.

I get the difference but there has to be one, and jakes shoulder can kill people dead. Well pretty close . True story

chez did have a dig though, great effort. Like that game he played after origin in the last couple of seasons. Stand still efforts are jakes bread and butter though, and then he smiles, loves everyone, recycles his gatorade cup and checks the table and cries. He is my manly hero

I can't help marvelling at his resilience. Everyone just presumes he'll play every match.
I wish all our players had the fortitude to back up week after week with never a hint about an injury.
Last match he kept us from conceding 50 points with his defence.
To those who knock DCE for his salary -- which was the stupid clubs fault, not his -- at least give him the credit for his achievements. I've watched Manly play since the late 1950s and he'd be my halfback in our best 13, and we've almost always had outstanding halfbacks.

Two positive comments on DCE as a person this week.

Josh Schuster

"Daly [Cherry-Evans] is the best bloke I’ve ever met in my life. He has a genuine care about me, he is always messaging me to see how I am."

“I can’t speak highly enough of him, he has done so much for me so far and I will continue to learn off him.

Jakob Arthur

Aged just 11 at the time, he was a regular at training, where he would kick balls back to Daly Cherry-Evans, the man he has come to either play alongside or replace while the Maroons skipper is on interstate duty.

“Me and my brother always loved footy, so we would come to the captain’s run sessions here when we didn’t have school,” he said.

"He was always good to us, he was always kicking footies to us. He’s always been good"

I
Two positive comments on DCE as a person this week.

Josh Schuster

"Daly [Cherry-Evans] is the best bloke I’ve ever met in my life. He has a genuine care about me, he is always messaging me to see how I am."

“I can’t speak highly enough of him, he has done so much for me so far and I will continue to learn off him.

Jakob Arthur

Aged just 11 at the time, he was a regular at training, where he would kick balls back to Daly Cherry-Evans, the man he has come to either play alongside or replace while the Maroons skipper is on interstate duty.

“Me and my brother always loved footy, so we would come to the captain’s run sessions here when we didn’t have school,” he said.

"He was always good to us, he was always kicking footies to us. He’s always been good"
It appears everyone’s punching bag is not such a bad captain and bloke after all. Go figure 🤷‍♂️

Don't think anyone has said anything about him personally. He looks a top bloke. Think he actually has a career in media. Unlike most on fox and nine.. they can't communicate articulately like DCE.

That is true however plenty have bagged him about his captaincy and it appears that the schu has put that one to bed.

I’ve seen people on here criticising his personality, saying he’s a politician, is fake, etc.

I’ve never met him but have only heard good things about him & as far as his interview style, well, at least he answers questions within reason without falling back on “yeah the boys done good, full credit to the boys…” cliches.

What I like about our Manly Maroon Premiership winner , Our Maroon state of origin Winner
and Australian rep Winner

Is that he keeps knocking the Tall poppies off their pessimistic perches

Keep on Keeping on
The Legendary DCE

2019 NRL Elite League Sensations Signature - LS06 Daly Cherry-Evans ...

Last edited:

Little piece about how dce tries to chanel manly for qld (at least old manly). One thing I take out of it is that dce seems to think about the bigger picture a fair bit. It does come across to me like he's the type of player to want to coach one day.

Last edited by a moderator:
DCE has been and is an excellent captain for QLD. He’ll be regarded as arguably their finest when his SOO career is over given that all his series victories as captain came against NSW teams that were regarded as favourites and the better team on paper

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4