• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
With respect @Marto1970 what young up and coming player will tell the club captain to his face he doesn’t want him as captain? Career suicide, especially with how close Des and Dce are. If he was so confident in his support he should of went to Des and club officials and asked for a anonymous ballot to be held.

I’ll say that again, anonymous ballot so the younger players wouldn’t be fearful of payback.
I thought Des had one of those, a young up and coming player should be concentrating on playing good footy every week, just because he has a C next to his name doesn't mean he is the supreme leader the senior players would all have a say on what's happening within the team it's not a dictatorship,they are not on tv playing Survivor see who get voted out ,he went and asked the team and the answer he got was his captaincy wasn't a problem,these were rumours running through the media (with the he rented a house away from the other player's turned out he paid for a extra room in the same building) he confronted the rumours and he got asked these questions at an interview he didn't come out and call a press conference make a statement

I thought Des had one of those, a young up and coming player should be concentrating on playing good footy every week, just because he has a C next to his name doesn't mean he is the supreme leader the senior players would all have a say on what's happening within the team it's not a dictatorship,they are not on tv playing Survivor see who get voted out ,he went and asked the team and the answer he got was his captaincy wasn't a problem,these were rumours running through the media (with the he rented a house away from the other player's turned out he paid for a extra room in the same building) he confronted the rumours and he got asked these questions at an interview he didn't come out and call a press conference make a statement
Out of breath reading that.

But no, Des didn’t have a single ballot on the Captaincy. And again Dce shouldn’t be ringing up, or having coffees with players, there should be a ballot. Yes the younger players should be concentrating on the own game 100%, part of that though is having leaders that lead the way. And again a young up and comer will not say that to the current captain.

And how do you know he didn’t ask for the interview? And I’m assuming the reporter would of contacted him for the interview? Could of easily knocked him back, nothing to see here. Instead he stokes the fire.

As per usual on here and in the media ( in the team?) Dce is polarising and in my view is not a captain( my opinion means zero).
Anyway it’s the off season, agree to disagree and go Manly mate.

Very unimpressive interview.

Successful captains talk about how they love their club and their teammates, and will bust a gut so they can win the comp.

Chez says he is “comfortable” with his teammates, thought about breaking his contract just after he signed it and will try to make the finals next year.

Anyone would think it’s Chez with the agenda to make Jake captain, as that’s what I think most fans would want after reading that.
You see there is the age old rugby league myth just there.

Successful captains just grunt and sad say all the same crapola.... I love these guys. We are here together to win.... blah blah blah.

This is exactly why DCE is such a polarised character. He's almost too well spoken and too thoughful to be a Rugby league player. He thinks about what he's saying. He walks into interviews and runs his show how he wants to run it with his adgends. Is he right to do this? im not sure its overly helpful.

I've mentioned this before but in the RL world cup over here in England back in about 2013 or so I followed the Aussie boys around for a month. Even then as a young rookie in the side DCE would give the most comprehensive interviews. Alway friendly. Always happy to chat. And then you would get Thurston or the like who couldn't string 3 words together.

Out of breath reading that.

But no, Des didn’t have a single ballot on the Captaincy. And again Dce shouldn’t be ringing up, or having coffees with players, there should be a ballot. Yes the younger players should be concentrating on the own game 100%, part of that though is having leaders that lead the way. And again a young up and comer will not say that to the current captain.

And how do you know he didn’t ask for the interview? And I’m assuming the reporter would of contacted him for the interview? Could of easily knocked him back, nothing to see here. Instead he stokes the fire.

As per usual on here and in the media ( in the team?) Dce is polarising and in my view is not a captain( my opinion means zero).
Anyway it’s the off season, agree to disagree and go Manly mate.
If it went to a secret ballot of the players thoughts and wishes, it could be open slather as far as jurnos printing all sorts of scenarios/agendas, and this alone would say that Manly is a divided club. Where as, an informal open ballot says no need for secrecy we are are all pulling in the same direction.

I find it amazing that people on here that don’t know DCE and have not even met DCE are blooding for him to be sacked as captain.

Just sayin’
I think it's fair enough. He hasn't really taken ownership on field for the best part of the last decade and results aren't in his favour. It may be witch hunting but when things aren't working I think a lot of people naturally go through a process of elimination and dce as captain has been a constant for a long time now. It seems, increasingly, that people are becoming more excited about a future where that changes, as opposed to a future where that stays the same.

Maybe it could serve dce well too and everyone could win? Sure, it's a bit airy fairy to be pointing fingers from a distance, but I think there's some logic behind the mindset; at least enough to understand that point of view imo.

What's all this secret ballot stuff? Since when is a rugby league team a democracy? The coach picks the best man to lead the side, if he stops being the best man the coach will pick someone else. And if the coach stops cutting the mustard the club signs a new coach.
Ballots have stuff all to do with it, nor should they.

So our captain and leader considered walking out on the club that has so over paid him for the last 10 years because of media speculation , innuendos and gossip. Oh my we really are seeing his true colours. This guy is so self absorbed it's comical. How can anyone have any respect for this sort of leader. Self preservation is his motive and it shows on and off the field.

What's all this secret ballot stuff? Since when is a rugby league team a democracy? The coach picks the best man to lead the side, if he stops being the best man the coach will pick someone else. And if the coach stops cutting the mustard the club signs a new coach.
Ballots have stuff all to do with it, nor should they.
Haha Rubbish!!!! Guessing you haven’t played much team sport? The coach AND players always determine whose captain, always. Weather by ballots or just deference on whose a natural leader through social pecking order.

Yeah I’m sure the coach picking the weakest, most unliked person in the social group would go down well in any sport! Lol quality stuff.

Rugby league is a brutal No comprising sport made for men that love the battle. These men break bones, bodies and mind to win. The strongest teams have the strongest leaders, leaders that other players will follow no matter what. Fulton, Toovey, Vautin, J Lyon are all captains that inspired there playing group to rise above adversity. Dce is not among them.

He's done for me. 2 reasons.
U NEVER throw your team under the bus and u never bite the hands that feeds u.
He has done it publicly.
This giraffe neck is not loyal, he is only after the money. The others have worked this out, he needs to go for us to properly rebuild.
Too inconsistent, headless chook plays, not a team leader and way overpaid and now has shown his true colours.

Haha Rubbish!!!! Guessing you haven’t played much team sport? The coach AND players always determine whose captain, always
Haha everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how, um... surprising they may be! Personally I've played plenty of sport teams but never had a secret ballot for captain!

And as for your idea that DCE is the weakest person in the playing group - I'll just say 'disagree', lol, did give me a chuckle though.

Haha everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how, um... surprising they may be! Personally I've played plenty of sport teams but never had a secret ballot for captain!

And as for your idea that DCE is the weakest person in the playing group - I'll just say 'disagree', lol, did give me a chuckle though.
Haha thanks , you just gave me a great chuckle in return. Nowhere in my reply did I say Dce was the weakest player in the group? What I actually said was imagine A coach ( not Des) picking the weakest player and most unliked player( didn’t name Dce) to be captain and how that would go down. You just jumped to the conclusion that that’s Dce? Lol great stuff.

Iv played Rugby league, soccer and I’m still involved in my local boardriders club. And every team iv been in that had a coach was determined by the players themselves in some form or another. As for the boardriders the President ( Captain) is voted on yearly.

Something tells me Dce and yourself would get on just swimmingly, nothing wrong with that either.

Me? I think sitting at the bar with Spud, Tooves and the Stewart bros would do me just fine. Um…. As you said everyone has there opinion though, right?
Have a great day, go Manly.

The DCE captaincy perspective

Captains are known to be Great leaders

and in the Greatest arena of all the SOO arena

DCE lead resilient Maroon teams to Great Victories

Unfortunately the Maroon and White team that DCE leads does not have the resolute and the class

Nowhere in my reply did I say Dce was the weakest player in the group?
Lol, yes I did jump to that conclusion. Anyhow my only point was about secret ballots.
As for whether I'd get along with DCE, I get along with a very small and select number of humans, hence the amount of time I spend here! But sure I would probably find him an interesting person to talk with, he's had a rather eventful career in footy, that's for sure :)

I find it amazing that people on here that don’t know DCE and have not even met DCE are blooding for him to be sacked as captain.

Just sayin’
I think it's more the fact that he has had his go and hasn't succeeded.
And Does Not carry the team when a captain is needed to.
It would be different if he was a successful skipper and actually led by example.
Next up !

I think it's more the fact that he has had his go and hasn't succeeded.
And Does Not carry the team when a captain is needed to.
It would be different if he was a successful skipper and actually led by example.
Next up !
Just My opinion
Put DCE behind the Penrith team
and Cleary behind the Manly team
and both teams wont change positions on the ladder

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4