• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DCE was far from QLD's worst last night, but with the emergence of Sam Walker, I reckon this is his last Origin series. For his sake, I hope he plays well these next two games.
I thought the same. Far from the worst, also far from his reputation. If nsw wins game 2 id be very surprised if walker isnt in game 3 for the future. But thanks for putting it out there. I was going to but resisted as i knew i would get smashed . Still might ,

I would think his rep careeer is on the line in game 2 , injuries aside

Yes, and in contrast, Cleary had his best ever rep performance. It's amazing how all facets of his game continue to develop, e.g. in previous years, he didn't have such an effective running game.

Yes, and in contrast, Cleary had his best ever rep performance. It's amazing how all facets of his game continue to develop, e.g. in previous years, he didn't have such an effective running game.
I wasn't really noticing Cleary too much up until the game was over and Qld was cooked, then he certainly made a couple of great breaks for tries.

I'm a DCE fan but I must admit if I was picking an Australian team today I'd opt for Cleary. In time Cleary will become the incumbent halfback; he is a very good player. Currently he has his goalkicking to give him the nod over DCE.
For me, Munster would be the only Queensland representative in an Australian backline. But as we know, these Cane Toads are cunning and you can always count on them to mount a revival.

I thought the same. Far from the worst, also far from his reputation. If nsw wins game 2 id be very surprised if walker isnt in game 3 for the future. But thanks for putting it out there. I was going to but resisted as i knew i would get smashed . Still might ,

DCE will see the series out, if anything because Walker isn't quite there yet.

Don't get me wrong, I am a DCE fan but also a DCE realist. I think a lot of the criticism of him is OTT and often misdirected, but respect differing opinions on the topic..

Don't get me wrong, I am a DCE fan but also a DCE realist. I think a lot of the criticism of him is OTT and often misdirected, but respect differing opinions on the topic..
I do think Walker will be in there in pretty short shrift... maybe even game 3 if it is a dead rubber (as a 14 probs)...

there is no way that they are going to put him into game 2 though when DCE is the Capt. and Walker (coming back from injury?) will get absolutely busted behind that pack anyways...

their forwards were simply not good enough last night (apart from Fotuika and Su'a maybe) and really need to step up for game 2...

Walker won’t be their 7 for at least a year or two he isn’t close to being ready. Although I do agree, when they lose 3-0 there will be a huge push to oust DCE regardless of his performance

DCE was average last night but not nearly their worst. He at least was one of the few trying to get his hands on the footy and create (although didn’t work out well for him)

Munster’s horrendous kicking game at the start of the match put them on the backfoot and they never came back. He was by far and away one of their worst

Walker won’t be their 7 for at least a year or two he isn’t close to being ready. Although I do agree, when they lose 3-0 there will be a huge push to oust DCE regardless of his performance

DCE was average last night but not nearly their worst. He at least was one of the few trying to get his hands on the footy and create (although didn’t work out well for him)

Munster’s horrendous kicking game at the start of the match put them on the backfoot and they never came back. He was by far and away one of their worst
he is good though, real good... not sure if he is up to the physicality but Harry Grant proved that it is worth taking the gamble sometimes in those spine positions...

DCE is brilliant still imo but at some point there has to be a changing of the guard and looking towards the future - particularly if they get belted in game 2 at Suncorp after last night's performance... Munster is 26 and DCE is 32 so it seems the logical progression...

you are right. i think if we were going to be fair dinkum, a big chunk of the criticism directed to daly on this forum isnt necessarily directed at his game or contribution but of the embellishment of these actions by other posters, and the platitude of excuses offered for his failure to perform the necessary duties as a number 7 . i am dead set walking a fine line now

the fact we still need a highly paid game manager to partner him compounds the issue despite him playing strongly at times

for every poster who thinks he is average there is another that wants to wash his car

as for walker if game 3 is a dead rubber it could happen. qld have shown in the past they might blood him. no chance if its the decider though

I honestly can’t put a foot on what dce is lacking the only thing I notice is most other halfbacks run the ball straight on occasions through a gap whereas dce doesn’t.He just runs to much sideways.

I honestly can’t put a foot on what dce is lacking the only thing I notice is most other halfbacks run the ball straight on occasions through a gap whereas dce doesn’t.He just runs to much sideways.
I suspect it’s his age and the amount of games he’s played.Watch his tackling these days,he doesn’t put his body on the line like he used to and the same could be said for his running with the ball

I'm a big fan of DCE and although he wasn't going to do much behind a beaten pack, I thought he was disappointing last night. The Blues had a plan and terrorised him all night and a number of tries occurred around him. At 8 nil, there was a play where he pushed up into the line and had created the opportunity, all he needed to do was pass to Gagai for a two on one and he didn't pull the trigger. The next ruck, Munster kicked, Latrell made a break and NSW dominated for the next 20 minutes. It was a turning point.

Also, that kick for Coates was actually too shallow; if he dropped it on the goal line, QLD score that last try.

I'm a big fan of DCE and although he wasn't going to do much behind a beaten pack, I thought he was disappointing last night. The Blues had a plan and terrorised him all night and a number of tries occurred around him. At 8 nil, there was a play where he pushed up into the line and had created the opportunity, all he needed to do was pass to Gagai for a two on one and he didn't pull the trigger. The next ruck, Munster kicked, Latrell made a break and NSW dominated for the next 20 minutes. It was a turning point.

Also, that kick for Coates was actually too shallow; if he dropped it on the goal line, QLD score that last try.
Yeah , it was the 20 th minute, a try was on for sure and he just bailed on it , and went to ground.

He was pretty awful last night, the games highest paid player sure is afforded a lot of Leeway for sub standard performances, his running and kicking game has deserted him and his pass selection was terrible. He just kept hitting Kaufusi short.

I used to be a big fan, but to be honest he has been mailing it for years. And the last great game he had was game 1 last year for QLD.

Needs to get it together

Cleary gave him a bath last night. Beaten pack or not, he was pretty average. But that's what you get with him, when the planets align he is the best half in the game. When they don't he looks out of his depth.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2