The Cherry is ripe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Definetly the MOM. He made a big difference on the field tonight.

Foz was solid, bu DCE was or spark.

Darren said:
I think John Morris got our players player!

Go away TROLL your not funny. You are just plan moronic.

That was probably one of our clubs most gutsiest wins since the 70s and you have the audacity to come on here and post filth like that. You might say you are a manly Darren but you have no idea what being a manly fan is all about.

CAMBO said:
Darren said:
I think John Morris got our players player!

Go away TROLL your not funny. You are just plan moronic.

That was probably one of our clubs most gutsiest wins since the 70s and you have the audacity to come on here and post filth like that. You might say you are a manly Darren but you have no idea what being a manly fan is all about.

Mate I thought the post was funny - and I am fairly harsh on @Darren, and as I said on another post Morris bombed an almost certain try for them.

BTW I reckon the '08 effort against Parra was our gutsiest in memory. But if you are talking finals, yes best since 70's

TokyoEagle said:
Cherry will have to wait till Killer retires till he gets the captaincy.

Agree, and there's no hurry. Develop your game first Cherry over the next 3 to 5 years....potentially then captain.

Don't need a captain still trying to work out their game. Killer is just so on top of his game and so comfortable about what he personally needs to do. Cherry is not there yet.

Also on Foz, I think his mongrel and win at all costs attitude could count against him as a captain (he seems to have a running battle with refs), please note this is no criticism of Foz, just no certain of him as captain. Matai and Choc have plenty of mongrel, but I wouldn't have them as next in line for captain.

Killer03 said:
TokyoEagle said:

Agree, and there's no hurry. Develop your game first Cherry over the next 3 to 5 years....potentially then captain.

Don't need a captain still trying to work out their game. Killer is just so on top of his game and so comfortable about what he personally needs to do. Cherry is not there yet.

Don't know that Cherry is even next cab off the rank, One Kieran Foran would have to be in contention.

Cam, as I have written earlier tonight it was a very gutsy and well deserved win. Just a joke about Morris. You have to admit it was a match changer though. (for us) probably saved our season!!

TokyoEagle said:
Killer03 said:
TokyoEagle said:

Don't know that Cherry is even next cab off the rank, One Kieran Foran would have to be in contention.

It's a great debate to be having. And an earlier poster mentioned there could be so many with the captaincy. The fact we have 2 young talented players who have such attributes is brilliant.

But yes, the Stewart brothers would also be contenders.

I actually think Matty Ballin would be a good captain....calm, likeable, doesn't seem to get on refs nerves. Although perhaps making 100 tackles a game might make it hard to even speak to refs!

Killer03 said:
TokyoEagle said:
Killer03 said:
TokyoEagle said:

It's a great debate to be having. And an earlier poster mentioned there could be so many with the captaincy. The fact we have 2 young talented players who have such attributes is brilliant.

But yes, the Stewart brothers would also be contenders.

I actually think Matty Ballin would be a good captain....calm, likeable, doesn't seem to get on refs nerves. Although perhaps making 100 tackles a game might make it hard to even speak to refs!

Ballin would be a great choice, a captain needs to either be one of smartest guys on the team, or lead from the front. Foran and Ballin fill both those categories. Not sure that Glenn and Brett are captain material. In saying that, I don't have inside knowledge on the team's inner circle.

eagleE said:
I think he needs to be captain next year. I think he would do a great job at it. Sign him up for life.

DCE was the Captain in the NYC a few years ago and he was the skinniest, smallest guy on the field.
Those of us who watch the early games, were always amazed at his skill and command of the Game and Team:angel:

DCE and Foz should have the privilege of playing together for life at Manly. :idea:
Last night's try by Foz, was instinctive positioning off a DCE's play - sublime!:angel:

DCE definetly Captained the Under 20's - maybe not all season.
Also was Captain of the Queensland Residents Team one year.

We are spoilt for choice, as either of our halves would be worthy of the captaincy :angel:

DCE and Foz were the difference last night. They were unbelievable in attack and defence. A thought DCE defence last night was first class also. He snuffed out a lot of dangerous situations last night with great defence on the wide running backrowers. They complement each other perfectly, just all class.

Las Vegas Blvd said:
Played all over Foran tonight , great effort

Foran is the first in the chase for any kicks DCE puts through on his side of the field. Forced at least 2 line dropouts, scored one and very nearly scored in the corner from a Wally Lewis-esque run from 30 metres out!!!

Not sure there was that much difference to their involvement, impact and worth in that match.

There is a lot of unsubstantiated mail on the broncos forum that cherry is heading north.

F$ck I hope not. He was peerless last night.

Certainly hope not, but let's go back to the Jamie Lyon/Titans saga. The media were convinced he was going. So until I see DCE in a broncos jersey I'll remain optimistic.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8