The Bush fires ....and floods

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So tell me. How is it that the current heat wave and bush fires are the fault of the one and only Scomo?

Honestly it’s utter bull****.

I agree he probably shouldn’t have been overseas on holidays pre Xmas BUT it’s getting ridiculous now.

He can’t stop the fires, nor is it his job ( it’s state after all) and he’s damned if he doesn’t and damned if he does ( visit fire affected areas ).

And he certainly can’t make it rain which is what’s needed.

Let me see, he has no responsibility for any of it as it is a State responsibility, but he is a Liberal PM so the left leaning media blames him.
Sky News and MurdockGraph are blaming the greens?

Honestly it’s utter bull****.

I agree he probably shouldn’t have been overseas on holidays pre Xmas BUT it’s getting ridiculous now.

He can’t stop the fires, nor is it his job ( it’s state after all) and he’s damned if he doesn’t and damned if he does ( visit fire affected areas ).

And he certainly can’t make it rain which is what’s needed.
I just surprised he left it so late to involve the army and lease the extra water bombing aircraft.......these fires have been going for weeks... and everyone has been saying how bad they will be...... and he leases aircraft and involves the army now!

They can find money for 2 new stadiums but to secure towns in the state..... ummm nah!

I just surprised he left it so late to involve the army and lease the extra water bombing aircraft.......these fires have been going for weeks... and everyone has been saying how bad they will be...... and he leases aircraft and involves the army now!

They can find money for 2 new stadiums but to secure towns in the state..... ummm nah!
As the fires are a State thing (as has been previously mentioned in this thread), the PM cannot involve Defence Force Personnel etc, until the States ask for them to be involved.

Umm, you do realise he didn’t fund the stadium’s because just like the fires that is a State responsibility.

There we are Scummo loving Murdoch readers - there was something he could have done!

This isn't football supporting you know. There are basic facts of preparedness that have little to do with who you voted for or what newspaper you read. Unlike sport, everything is not a point scoring opportunity. This is a national tragedy, whichever team you cheer for. So just back off your snippy sniping about responsibility. You're all driving me nuts!

As the fires are a State thing (as has been previously mentioned in this thread), the PM cannot involve Defence Force Personnel etc, until the States ask for them to be involved.
Well if that’s the case the states have left it very very late to ask for help!!!
Anyway when this settles down the question will be asked , Where was the leadership and why did these critical decision take so long!

Umm, you do realise he didn’t fund the stadium’s because just like the fires that is a State responsibility.
Ok then the nsw state government should have asked for help sooner! They told us how bad it was going to be.

People are dead and property is lost because someone didn’t ask for help or someone didn’t offer help!

Sorry but that is all bs to me!

I bet you they didn’t lose their property!

What is the role of governments if it is not to help their people.

I’m sick of you guys saying it’s a blame game ... it’s someone else’s fault.....I don’t care whose fault it is I and others want the decision makers to make decisions and provide the RFS who are doing a sensational job with the resources they require! ..... rather than getting their melon on tv to tell us it’s going to be catastrophic!

Sorry ralphie..... but we down here pay our state and federal taxes .... we don’t ask for much! When we need a bit of help they leave it 3 weeks to make a fu&$in decision!!

The army has been involved for weeks, it just hasn’t been well publicised - a reserve infantry unit I used to work at has had soldiers on the ground assisting with establishing fire breaks, clearing debris etc - as have the other units in the brigade, in various parts of the state. ADF cooks have been assisting the RFS, and that ‘extra‘ Navy vessel that’s just been brought into the effort? That’s also been on standby for some time. Navy helos have been evacuating people all over the south coast, including today.

I suspect they’ve only started publicizing it in the last few days because of all the misinformed griping on social media.

The army has been involved for weeks, it just hasn’t been well publicised - a reserve infantry unit I used to work at has had soldiers on the ground assisting with establishing fire breaks, clearing debris etc - as have the other units in the brigade, in various parts of the state. ADF cooks have been assisting the RFS, and that ‘extra‘ Navy vessel that’s just been brought into the effort? That’s also been on standby for some time. Navy helos have been evacuating people all over the south coast, including today.

I suspect they’ve only started publicizing it in the last few days because of all the misinformed griping on social media.
Sorry . But until yesterday I have seen no evidence of army units on the roads or in the air fighting fire where I am ...... I have seen heaps of RFS.

Ok then the nsw state government should have asked for help sooner! They told us how bad it was going to be.

People are dead and property is lost because someone didn’t ask for help or someone didn’t offer help!

Sorry but that is all bs to me!

I bet you they didn’t lose their property!

What is the role of governments if it is not to help their people.

I’m sick of you guys saying it’s a blame game ... it’s someone else’s fault.....I don’t care whose fault it is I and others want the decision makers to make decisions and provide the RFS who are doing a sensational job with the resources they require! ..... rather than getting their melon on tv to tell us it’s going to be catastrophic!

Sorry ralphie..... but we down here pay our state and federal taxes .... we don’t ask for much! When we need a bit of help they leave it 3 weeks to make a fu&$in decision!!
I agree that the State Governments have completely failed in their responsibilities. They need to get on top of controlling the fuel load ASAP by giving this responsibility to the Fireys with appropriate funding to do the job properly.

The Army was first deployed to assist with the fires on 8 November.

Sorry . But until yesterday I have seen no evidence of army units on the roads or in the air fighting fire where I am ...... I have seen heaps of RFS.

The vast majority are not trained firefighters, so I wouldn’t expect you’d see them around. But behind the scenes, they’ve definitely been there. It’s just that up until now, they’ve mostly been mentioning it on closed social media pages that tend to only be seen by people who are or have been involved with the unit. Probably could’ve done the publicity/media side of things a bit better, but apart from that they’re unfairly getting a bad rap for not helping when they absolutely have been.

The vast majority are not trained firefighters, so I wouldn’t expect you’d see them around. But behind the scenes, they’ve definitely been there. It’s just that up until now, they’ve mostly been mentioning it on closed social media pages that tend to only be seen by people who are or have been involved with the unit. Probably could’ve done the publicity/media side of things a bit better, but apart from that they’re unfairly getting a bad rap for not helping when they absolutely have been.
Clearly not enough of them .... he has deployed 3000 in the last day or so .... could have done with more help weeks ago!!!!!

All this State stuff is bull****e, it’s an excuse to apportion blame. We had rivers pumped dry in drought conditions for private water storage. “State issue”. The Eastern States are Fire ravaged. “State issue”. Just remember Scumo is employed by us, ultimately he’s the CEO, the CEO has failed. Simples.

My beef is that leaders need to act not react ..... they had all they wiz bang computer weather monitoring - spend all their time watching the screen waiting for something to happen and now they manage to find extra resources!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8