The Broken Records...

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
D

Deleted member 26876

Seriously, why the **** can't we bring back Toovs? The club is in one of the most negative periods of its history and we need to put it back on the right path again. Who is so selfish as to reject this saviour just because they have a bad relationship with him? Or is so selfish that they can't admit to wrongdoings of extending Baz and overplaying various players. Do what's best for business and bring back Geoff Toovey, or do anything for that matter!

My genuine question is what people are holding him (or des) back? Change is obviously necessary, we are simply prolonging the inevitable (failure) with a gradual decline from a brilliant period of success to what will be manly's first wooden spoon...

I would kill to put myself or anyone likeminded (who'd do what's best for manly) in control, we have greedy, idiotic leaders at current and we all sound like broken records vying for change every time we mention anything Manly.

As much as I would love Tooves back I can't see him agreeing to anything the current administration would/could offer him. Des would be a toss of the coin whether he would deliver us a premiership or run as further into the ground (or both) but one thing is clear change needs to happen, and soon.

Seriously, why the **** can't we bring back Toovs? The club is in one of the most negative periods of its history and we need to put it back on the right path again. Who is so selfish as to reject this saviour just because they have a bad relationship with him? Or is so selfish that they can't admit to wrongdoings of extending Baz and overplaying various players. Do what's best for business and bring back Geoff Toovey, or do anything for that matter!

My genuine question is what people are holding him (or des) back? Change is obviously necessary, we are simply prolonging the inevitable (failure) with a gradual decline from a brilliant period of success to what will be manly's first wooden spoon...

I would kill to put myself or anyone likeminded (who'd do what's best for manly) in control, we have greedy, idiotic leaders at current and we all sound like broken records vying for change every time we mention anything Manly.
One of your best

Young Harry you are yet to understand the machinations of the corporate world, and the Sea Eagles circa 2018 are all corporate and nothing to do with,

1) doing things to please the sausage roll eaters

2) being logical in any sense

It’s all about making $$$ and power!!

Young Harry you are yet to understand the machinations of the corporate world, and the Sea Eagles circa 2018 are all corporate and nothing to do with,

Aka taking games away from Brookie and renaming the ground Lottoland, I see your point.

What’s best for business is to move the team to an area where it can generate more advertising revenue. Best for the NRL and for the owners. If you want to close the doors without a mob of pitchfork wielding fans hammering them down than you start by destroying the team and alienating the fans. Celebrating a famous grand final win would definitely be counterproductive.

Great question young fella. You make a lot of sense.

I actually wish you was in charge of our team and not the current owners.

Keep up the great posts.

Funny way to make money screwing over one or 55,000 of your revenue streams. Plonkers!

Thought Tooves was back with Cliffy with the juniors somewhere
Hopefully warming back up for the main gig this time with officially legendary Cliffy. I think you will find it’s a football club appointment with Napper not a Penn sports gig.

@Mark from Brisbane will explain the reasons about De$. He's a wee bit passionate about the topic and makes some very good points.;)

Harry you were but a small child when the **** went down with Ha$ler.

I was working “ in conjunction” with the club at the time , travel , tours, supporter functions and the like.

I’m not going to bore everyone again, but I had the ear of all of the CEO’s from Lowe to Mayer to Perry and had a good working relationship with the football club.

So I personally knew of, and saw the proof of, a LOT of stuff that went down.

Whilst I think eventually he’ll be allowed back in to celebrate GF reunions and the like there’s no way in hell that man deserves, or will be given the reins to any part of the football club at Manly.

If he does , I’m done, I’ll make a farewell post on Silvertails and won’t return until he’s sacked, and my own 53 year love affair will be on hold.

It was treason young Harry, look that up in the dictionary if you need to!!

It's a result driven business @:worried:

Harry you were but a small child when the **** went down with Ha$ler.

I was working “ in conjunction” with the club at the time , travel , tours, supporter functions and the like.

I’m not going to bore everyone again, but I had the ear of all of the CEO’s from Lowe to Mayer to Perry and had a good working relationship with the football club.

So I personally knew of, and saw the proof of, a LOT of stuff that went down.

Whilst I think eventually he’ll be allowed back in to celebrate GF reunions and the like there’s no way in hell that man deserves, or will be given the reins to any part of the football club at Manly.

If he does , I’m done, I’ll make a farewell post on Silvertails and won’t return until he’s sacked, and my own 53 year love affair will be on hold.

It was treason young Harry, look that up in the dictionary if you need to!!

At that my friend would be a very sad day if you walked away Mark, I hope that day never comes.

No reason why Tooves can not return to the club 's operation in an administration role or some other similar capacity , he always did and continues to have Manly's best interests at heart but any future senior coaching role will not be realistically happening . Des has done his dash with Manly so to speak and again for a variety of reasons that will never reflect well on him . Let's see how Lyle Gorman goes , he apparently has the smarts to improve and successfully manage a sporting club's operation . Be good also to have the maximum amount of cap money available, along with all contracted players available for any given season and which has not been the case for the last two seasons and possibly next year still [ cap wise ] . Somebody also still has to come up with the cash and serious money to cover the shortfall in operating Manly's N R L 's franchise , At present the Penns are prepared to find the money as well on all indications to keep the franchise on the northern beaches and until a better alternative is definitely prepared to make the some commitment, no doubt that is the way that it will stay into the indefinite future at least .

I love everyone's passion for the club and, yes, of course we should bring Tooves back in a senior position, possible head of Football in overall charge of coaching and recruitment.
That aside, it continues to be clear to me that a small, underfunded suburban club like Manly can no longer seriously compete with the powerhouse clubs, especially Melbourne and Brisbane. The recent signing by Brisbane of Haas for megabucks further emphasises that TPAs create an uneven competition. The salary cap is irrelevant when Brisbane can pay the bulk of a player's salary via private means.
It will only get worse and the gap between the haves and have-nots will widen until we become the Newtown of the NRL - loved by a small band of supporters, playing at an old-fashioned oval with a lack of financial support.
That's why I'm hoping our club is considering a sensible 'merge' strategy. As unpalatable as this option is I think it is our only logical way to remain competitive in the NRL.
I've suggested this before, without much support BUT I'd be looking for a joint-venture with the Canterbury region in NZ. I see several upsides, and obviously as many downsides.
However, if this season has taught us anything it's that we are now the weakest club in the NRL as far as financial support is concerned. The NRL seems to want us out.
What is our future?

Let's see how things go with the assured 13 mil or so in direct N R L club grants from next season , this of course will still not cover the combined costs of operating an N R L franchise but should still offer some stability . Also Manly are presently doing not too bad with T P A ;s, about mid range and probably inevitable that there will be some restrictions on the more advantaged clubs in this area in the longer term . Mergers[ [ especially with likely incompatible synergises ] always seem to have quite an element of risk factors around them and i doubt that Manly are anywhere near that desperate position but certainly no harm in some lateral thinking . Some better success on the footy field would probably be the biggest help in the short term and going forward and very hopefully more things will go Manly's way quite soon to enable this to happen .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8