The Brett Stewart Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
The other thread went way off topic, if we keep discussing the issue in that thread, there is a good chance that we will find it difficult to stay on topic.
As such I have started this thread to discuss further.

A summary of where we are at with that last thread.

The current rumours
  1. Brett stewart is a done deal and just waiting to finalise and then announce it
  2. Brett Stewart has signed with Le Catalans dragons from 2013 and beyond but contract depends on injuries

What we actually know
nothing, well we know nothing has been announced

what we hope will happen
Brett will play for Manly forever and be young and vital forever

The question
Has he re-signed

Discuss

The other thread went way off topic, if we keep discussing the issue in that thread, there is a good chance that we will find it difficult to stay on topic.
As such I have started this thread to discuss further.

A summary of where we are at with that last thread.

The current rumours
  1. Brett stewart is a done deal and just waiting to finalise and then announce it
  2. Brett Stewart has signed with Le Catalans dragons from 2013 and beyond but contract depends on injuries

What we actually know
nothing, well we know nothing has been announced

what we hope will happen
Brett will play for Manly forever and be young and vital forever

The question
Has he re-signed

Discuss

I cannot see him going anywere else , and as mentioned in the old thread of him not being happy by a manly offer , I dont think Manly would ever doubt his $$ price only the years on the contract. Like I said its all speculation I heard the same as others have, that it was a done deal at manly lets hope this is true.

Im confident Manly and Brett will do the right thing :) ! Would love an announcement before game day of Snake re signing

I cannot see him going anywere else , and as mentioned in the old thread of him not being happy by a manly offer , I dont think Manly would ever doubt his $$ price only the years on the contract. Like I said its all speculation I heard the same as others have, that it was a done deal at manly lets hope this is true.

Im confident Manly and Brett will do the right thing :) ! Would love an announcement before game day of Snake re signing

Haz88 said:

agreed, it's the fact it is dragging on so long that is a worry. Would love to hear he has signed and be done with it.

Haz88 said:

agreed, it's the fact it is dragging on so long that is a worry. Would love to hear he has signed and be done with it.

Daniel said:
Haz88 said:

yeah that is true! lets hope they are just waiting for the right time .. the right time is now !! lol

Daniel said:
Haz88 said:

yeah that is true! lets hope they are just waiting for the right time .. the right time is now !! lol

You missed another question..

Can this thread eclipse the Keiran Forum Thread for replies?

From my perspective I would have thought the club would have signed him up already. It's confusing why he hasn't been given it's been going since Feb this year.

From my perspective I would have thought the club would have signed him up already. It's confusing why he hasn't been given it's been going since Feb this year.

If was so easy then it would have been done already - see tweet from the club in feb (??) that conversations with Brett were progressing well

Therefore there has to be something in the other offers on the table.

If was so easy then it would have been done already - see tweet from the club in feb (??) that conversations with Brett were progressing well

Therefore there has to be something in the other offers on the table.

If Brett was leaving Manly to ESL wouldnt you think that it would have been announced already? The team can use Brett's departure as motivation to win the comp this year. But I'm 100% confident that he has been resigned but for some reason Manly haven't announced it or maybe Manly are waiting for what the cap increase will be for 2013 so we know how much more we can offer Brett!

If Brett was leaving Manly to ESL wouldnt you think that it would have been announced already? The team can use Brett's departure as motivation to win the comp this year. But I'm 100% confident that he has been resigned but for some reason Manly haven't announced it or maybe Manly are waiting for what the cap increase will be for 2013 so we know how much more we can offer Brett!

For someone who wasn't going to be around here much.....mr Invisible your sure popping up in a lot of places.

I think Snake has obviously received a substantial overseas offer and is waiting to see if Manly can get close. Obviously he would like to stay, however the money may be a bit too good. Hope he stays obviously.....good to see us buying some young stars though as it is indicative that the club while experiencing current glory, still has an eye on the future.

For someone who wasn't going to be around here much.....mr Invisible your sure popping up in a lot of places.

I think Snake has obviously received a substantial overseas offer and is waiting to see if Manly can get close. Obviously he would like to stay, however the money may be a bit too good. Hope he stays obviously.....good to see us buying some young stars though as it is indicative that the club while experiencing current glory, still has an eye on the future.

Maybe both sides are stuck on the 3 years vs 4 years and neither side will budge, its not like you can pick a middle ground of 3 1/2 years and move on.

Maybe both sides are stuck on the 3 years vs 4 years and neither side will budge, its not like you can pick a middle ground of 3 1/2 years and move on.

MrInvisible said:

The answer is obvious. He has signed with the dogs and did so several months ago. He will continue to negotiate in good faith but for "confusing" reasons he'll continue to move the goalposts during these negotiations.

He'll announce that he's signed with the dogs the day after we win the 2013 premiership defeating the Bulldogs 41-0. Following him to the dogs will be the remainder of our roster.

MrInvisible said:

The answer is obvious. He has signed with the dogs and did so several months ago. He will continue to negotiate in good faith but for "confusing" reasons he'll continue to move the goalposts during these negotiations.

He'll announce that he's signed with the dogs the day after we win the 2013 premiership defeating the Bulldogs 41-0. Following him to the dogs will be the remainder of our roster.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6