The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good luck to him but not particularly concerned about losing him

I'm of much the same mind. I don't wish him ill, and it'll be interesting to see how his career develops, especially after 2 serious knee injuries. Will he be a Tedesco or a 90 year old ge?

I also don't know when he's going on his 2 year mission, if he'll have other injuries', other dramas, etc so I'm more interested in how our young men are going to perform on the field.

Hopefully a lot of them kick butt at training as Des seems to be a 'pick and stick' unless Mr. Injury appears guy.

If he (and his Dad) didn't want to be here, then I'm glad he wasn't 1 year in to a 4 year contract. lol

I'm guessing we have pulled our offer to him and he has no choice but to take whatever he can get.
If so, i'm a very proud MWSE supporter. Karma is the best justice.
Agreed - I am guessing we offered a deal - they rejected or stalled thinking they could get more money. He played those games at the end of the year - he was very very average. We withdrew the offer at some stage and they were left with whatever they could find. Hence Canberra on a train and trial deal.

if he has been offered 86k by Faiders I wonder if we offered 96k would he take it ?
Just to prove the totally mercenary attitude he has displayed that has blown up in his face .
For that sort of money he is probably worth it as a back up and esp since we nursed him thru multiple surgeries .Anyway I dont wish him ill will but I think he has been very poorly advised he was offered 3x that salary from us pretty much sight unseen ,I wonder who his manager is ,whoever it is it should be a case of YOUR FIRED !!!!!!!!!!

Zorbs just said on BSB that Albert simply wasn’t fast enough or tall enough to make it in NRL - and that’s why he wasn’t chased
Gee, I hope that was not the reason he was punted. That's far too simplistic. There are plenty of backs who are shorter and slower than him who are/have been superstars in the NRL.
He could have been tried as a halfback or five eighth if he wasn't the right body shape to be a winger or fullback.
No. I'm tipping that it was all about his asking price and the stench that follows his old man.

Gee, I hope that was not the reason he was punted. That's far too simplistic. There are plenty of backs who are shorter and slower than him who are/have been superstars in the NRL.
He could have been tried as a halfback or five eighth if he wasn't the right body shape to be a winger or fullback.
No. I'm tipping that it was all about his asking price and the stench that follows his old man.
Or hooker

Personally I think someone, probably Hasler, made the decision he wasn't worth the effort.

They get to see the attitude players have at training and the effort they put in. From what we seen on the field in his few 1st Grade appearances it was hard to be impressed.

Rarely these players turn out to be stars. Jamil is entitled to his opinion but there is a fair gap between William and Albert.

Hopoate seems taller and faster than Jorge yet we have put up with him for years

Isn't the kid still going to piss off and annoy people for two years? Why the **** bother?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4