The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
His potential alone is worth a bottom dollar $70k per year contract. That is if no one else gives him an offer. even $150k would be worth the hedge.

Players 27-30 next year are on a $70,000 minimum, and players 1-26 are on a $105,000 minimum (I think), with development players on around $60,000-$65,000.

His potential alone is worth a bottom dollar $70k per year contract. That is if no one else gives him an offer. even $150k would be worth the hedge.

Players 27-30 next year are on a $70,000 minimum, and players 1-26 are on a $105,000 minimum (I think), with development players on around $60,000-$65,000.

He’s been offered a contract but hasn’t taken it up. The club obviously felt he was worth a contract but it may not be at what the Albert camp thinks he is worth.

Why isn't he offered a development contract like every other young bloke who's shown potential in the youth comps?

The 5 (7?) NRL games he played this season showed he's not NRL level yet so surely a development contract is the next logical step?

Why isn't he offered a development contract like every other young bloke who's shown potential in the youth comps?

The 5 (7?) NRL games he played this season showed he's not NRL level yet so surely a development contract is the next logical step?

Yeah ... but you may need to send a dictionary to his sire with the word logical high-lighted ...

He’s been offered a contract but hasn’t taken it up. The club obviously felt he was worth a contract but it may not be at what the Albert camp thinks he is worth.
interesting thanking you
Both he and Koula the young winger being hotly chased by union have re-signed to end of 2022,not 100% sure but I think both may have development contracts for next year or at the very least development for 2022.
A bloke who trained with Kula said he runs sub 11secs pretty crazy
Quoted something like 10.7s... lightning quick

At least we have youth and grow gun players - the Chooks can't do that but they still win the comp every 2nd year

so the door apprently closed on Albert to the warriors today with Brown picking up montoya from the dogs.
Options looking a little thin for the next big thing?

So if a Morman mission is not on the cards soon for Albert and he is just hanging out for more money , really can not see him getting much joy there . Maybe he could have some interest moving to the Dogs with Will but that option could be limited as well . May as well just stay on with Manly on a modest but realistic deal if they are still interested in him and taking into account that he has already come through the junior system there and some familiarity with the joint .

The NRL requires only 27 of a Top 30 be named by nov 1, 2 more by march 1 and the last spot by july 1. The Dogs can change spots 28-30...and probably will.

Promoting Koula to our top 30 means to me that young Hoppa is as good as gone.
good input thanks mate

got to say im a bit upset albert is going. no its not nearly the same as say losing an AFB but i'm sure he wouldn't really be getting a touch over 200k... you can pay that for the potential he had.

Look at Tom Wright? Everyone wrote him off but I know strongly that he would have been the perfect player to sub in for tom at 1 last couple years and play wing/centre when tom's fit. We need a budget gun 1/2/3 and thats what wright is, what albert could be.

Fingers crossed for our squad next year. If we go in with the top 30 we have at the moment we will be hoping DCE and Tom pull us into top 4 off being the two best players in the comp, like we wish every year.

Honestly just want whoever is behind the conservative selection, recruitment and cap management policy gone at Manly. Fingers point to Des (selections) and definitely crusher (recruitment) but hopefully they pull through for us in the next couple years otherwise Manly is going down a similar path to the Tigers. I guess the difference at the moment between us and them is we have 2-3 guns, they have none. Need them to pull through.

good input thanks mate

got to say im a bit upset albert is going. no its not nearly the same as say losing an AFB but i'm sure he wouldn't really be getting a touch over 200k... you can pay that for the potential he had.

Look at Tom Wright? Everyone wrote him off but I know strongly that he would have been the perfect player to sub in for tom at 1 last couple years and play wing/centre when tom's fit. We need a budget gun 1/2/3 and thats what wright is, what albert could be.

Fingers crossed for our squad next year. If we go in with the top 30 we have at the moment we will be hoping DCE and Tom pull us into top 4 off being the two best players in the comp, like we wish every year.

Honestly just want whoever is behind the conservative selection, recruitment and cap management policy gone at Manly. Fingers point to Des (selections) and definitely crusher (recruitment) but hopefully they pull through for us in the next couple years otherwise Manly is going down a similar path to the Tigers. I guess the difference at the moment between us and them is we have 2-3 guns, they have none. Need them to pull through.

Totally agree on Des, recruitment, and absolutely sticking with Hopoate. Kinda disagree on The Tigers part.

If they get Josh Addo-Carr, their backline will have:

01. Josh Addo-Carr (heads of agreement signed)
02. David Nofoaluma (one of the top NRL try scorers)
03. Moses Mbye (moved from fullback, great passer)
04. BJ Leilua (at his best, is explosive and aggressive)
05. Adam Doueihi (another fullback, but coming very good)
06. Josh Reynolds (when given opportunity, excelled towards the end)
07. Luke Brooks (pretty consistent)

Our best backline (as it stands). People are just assuming Des will drop players like Taufua (Barrett was the only one ever to do that), and Parker. I actually don't see it happening.

01. Tom Trbojevic (better than JAC)
02. Jorge Taufua (should be playing reggies now)
03. Brad Parker (He went backwards last season, great the season before)
04. Moses Suli (So hot and..hmmm...disappeared - like Manu Vatuvei)
05. Reuben Garrick (Great debut year, awful 2nd, can rebound)
06. Dylan Walker (Needs game time, will he be sacked?)
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (Needs a consistent running 6)

Mix the two, my team would be:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. David Nofoaluma
03. Moses Mby
04. BJ Leilua
05. Adam Doueihi
06. Dylan Walker
07. 50 / 50 (I hate DCE's sidewards pirouette game under Des)

DCE is by far one of the best halves in the comp. No way I would swap him for another. Luke Brooks isn't in the same class. But DCE needs a 5/8 who will take the pressure off him. In Manly's backline there was DCE, then day light for 3/4 of the year. Not hard to put the pressure on one play maker. He tried to do everything this year, because there was no strike power in the back line, and of course he'll make mistakes because he's trying too hard. Manly relied on the forwards to keep them in the game. A good 5/8 in Schuster, Turbo back, Walker in the centre (if he's retained), wingers such as Burbo, Hopa or Saab, centres like Funa, Harper or Suli, dummy halves like Foran and Cust and bingo, DCE will look like the champion he is.

DCE is by far one of the best halves in the comp. No way I would swap him for another. Luke Brooks isn't in the same class. But DCE needs a 5/8 who will take the pressure off him. In Manly's backline there was DCE, then day light for 3/4 of the year. Not hard to put the pressure on one play maker. He tried to do everything this year, because there was no strike power in the back line, and of course he'll make mistakes because he's trying too hard. Manly relied on the forwards to keep them in the game. A good 5/8 in Schuster, Turbo back, Walker in the centre (if he's retained), wingers such as Burbo, Hopa or Saab, centres like Funa, Harper or Suli, dummy halves like Foran and Cust and bingo, DCE will look like the champion he is.

My absolute best 2021 backline would be:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Moses Suli
04. Dylan Walker (GK)
05. Albert Hopoate
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (C)

Size, speed, skill, pace, potential.

Back-ups: Brad Parker, Morgan Harper, Tevita Funa, Reuben Garrick

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts