The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah Hoppa Jnr has looked so good hasn't he? Perhaps 'behind the times Des' was right not dropping in a kid who's obviously not ready???

Schuster looked amazing but got injured without any warmup in the reserves so again sort of proves the 'coach whose behind the times' right.

All the whinging on here to get these kids in and what has it got us? Hoppa jnr looks underdone and disinterested. His non chase back last weekend shows that up perfectly.

The shoe would have made his debut much earlier had he had some time at black town to get match fit and hardened.

Its amazing how even after so many have been proved wrong they still shout from the rooftop how out of touch the coach is.
The only reason players are behind in fitness is because they weren't played whilst our under achievers were achieving great results. IMO The only young one to disappoint so far is Albert especially his feeble defence.

OK. So to all those that make behatching a hobby on here. All season it has been why are we sticking with the tried and tested? Why not play the young players? This player is ****e. That player is crapola. Coach us over the hill blah blah blah.

Well going back 7 or 8 weeks the point was made did you want Brisbane type scorelines each week and the same people that are screaming from the rooftops now were like sure if it means we get to play the kids then yes. The kids that will tear it up. The kids the are superstars in nappies.

You get what you wish for people you cant have it both ways.

OK. So to all those that make behatching a hobby on here. All season it has been why are we sticking with the tried and tested? Why not play the young players? This player is ****e. That player is crapola. Coach us over the hill blah blah blah.

Well going back 7 or 8 weeks the point was made did you want Brisbane type scorelines each week and the same people that are screaming from the rooftops now were like sure if it means we get to play the kids then yes. The kids that will tear it up. The kids the are superstars in nappies.

You get what you wish for people you cant have it both ways.

Yet these kids have scored more in the past few weeks than Manly has scored all season. Two games with 32 one with 24. Only one other game was equal to the first two and that was with Walker and Turbo in full flight. The third was equal to two other scores, but all were demonstrating far more attack than we've seen from the Sea eagles most of the year. Sure the defence was found wanting, but that can be fixed. But attacking ability comes from skill

Yet these kids have scored more in the past few weeks than Manly has scored all season. Two games with 32 one with 24. Only one other game was equal to the first two and that was with Walker and Turbo in full flight. The third was equal to two other scores, but all were demonstrating far more attack than we've seen from the Sea eagles most of the year. Sure the defence was found wanting, but that can be fixed. But attacking ability comes from skill
I'd assume those kids would be going into the off season thinking "I know what I need to work on now I've been given an opportunity", as opposed to "see that performance, ell that's as good as your going to get from me as I've got no talent".

I'd assume those kids would be going into the off season thinking "I know what I need to work on now I've been given an opportunity", as opposed to "see that performance, ell that's as good as your going to get from me as I've got no talent".

I'd say that is very much in their thoughts. They needed the opportunity to know what will be required of them. They will also build up over the offseason. Expect improvement from most of them next year...if we can hold them.

I'll be back in a year with my assessment of the judgements of some on this site. Hopa and Shuster are potential stars. I'll record those who thought otherwise and then ask why and, why Foran was such a good buy. See you later guys
Agree with Hoppa being a future star along with Schuster Bear, I also agree that Foran coming has more potential too south than north.

Stay Healthy!!

In the spirit of the K Foz 500 page celebration I say we rename this thread "The book of Albert"

Thoughts?
I would say '
Sure we scored more points but we also lost by letting more points in.
Everyone says defence wins you games and the attack will come. They might be right.

I suggest we call it the “The Book of Albert and the sins of the Tyrannical father”
Seriously I don’t think this young fellow is worth 7 pages let alone 70! at this stage.
From current form allowing for potential improvement and growth he does not seem either big enough or fast enough to be superstar. In saying this I am more than happy to be proven wrong. I kind of hope he signs with the dogs.

Who is Hoppa jnr signing for?

• Manly
  • Some other team
  • Nobody after seeing him play 5 matches this season as he is worth minimum NRL contract only.

Who is Hoppa jnr signing for?

• Manly
  • Some other team
  • Nobody after seeing him play 5 matches this season as he is worth minimum NRL contract only.

Maybe its time for another vote (snicker snicker). I think unless he goes to the Dogs, and that would be literally what happens to him, he will sign with Manly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4