The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Believe me those players in those positions dont instill any real confidence in me either.
But lets rewind a bit, up until Turbo got injured (again) we were actually doing ok, and still seen as a premiership threat by many.
I beg to differ on your statement they “were actually doing ok.”Beat up by Storm,beat Roosters but only scored 9 points,beat a very ordinary Dogs,controversial loss to Eels where they didn’t really throw anything at them and if it wasn’t for favourable refereeing they would of lost to the competitions laughing stock Brisbane.

I have a feeling in four weeks that there are going to be some people feeling very sick about this regardless of whose fault it is... and even sicker when Tafua and Parker stroll out in round one next year
This kid will be a star... and Tafua and Parker will continue to play like reserve graders. That won’t change.

Mighty shame it ends like this. No one wins. Especially the fans. Just about over this season.

Last edited:
I beg to differ on your statement they “were actually doing ok.”Beat up by Storm,beat Roosters but only scored 9 points,beat a very ordinary Dogs,controversial loss to Eels where they didn’t really throw anything at them and if it wasn’t for favourable refereeing they would of lost to the competitions laughing stock Brisbane.
Completely agree. I was quite surprised and genuinely concerned even early in the season. After last year's improvement I was so excited and looking forward to this year, but we were playing nothing like I was expecting.

-Storm have beat up most teams this year.
-I think any win against a full strength roosters team is a good win
-yes we were robbed against a red hot parra team, no shame in that
-yes ordinary against Broncs, but still found a way to win

Not sure what you are getting at. Anyhow im as gutted as anyone, and cant make sense of the way we are playing or some team selections. Time to stick solid and see what comes out in the wash..

Completely agree. I was quite surprised and genuinely concerned even early in the season. After last year's improvement I was so excited and looking forward to this year, but we were playing nothing like I was expecting.

My expectations for this year dropped substantially when we lost Api/Fainu.
I think a lot of people underestimate the impact that has had, along with Turbo.. thats where all our attack came from last year..

So you believe that he has signed elsewhere, not a commitment but has signed?

edit: A question for Susan?
No. Not at all. The club a week ago did not know he had signed anywhere. Has that changed in a week.? I don’t know.

My post was basically that all the angst being played out publically suggests he’s
likely to go.

Just a question for those bagging young Hoppa. How much do you think the kid has control over his lunatic old man? Ihave coached a lot of juniors and the amount of good kids who are embarrassed by their over zealous fathers is too hard to count. It’s a blight on junior sport.

Btw. I’d love to have Will on the books now. He ticks every box for whst we need re Tommy’s issues. Still a great player.

Last edited:

Not sure what you are getting at. Anyhow im as gutted as anyone, and cant make sense of the way we are playing or some team selections. Time to stick solid and see what comes out in the wash..
I’m saying that their form wasn’t overly impressive even with TomT there.

I think Nordburg is pointing out that we were not doing that well even before we lost Tom, and I agree with him. Our performances were patchy and inconsistent. Sure, there were some gritty wins, but we were only playing in patches and our form was all over the shop. It was nowhere near what I was expecting after the improved showing last season.

DCE’s form has been questionable,Walker,whilst not that bad,was playing out of position so gave nothing to an already suspect left side outside backs,the back row give them nothing and the biggest issue has been Fainu’s absence.Theres been plenty of ticker in defence but eventually that catches up with you

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7