The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hoppa Sr carrying on like this is all that he proof anyone should need that Albert isn't getting a run because he has already made up his mind about leaving.

I'd love to know what Hoppa's side of the story is though.

But the issue is aidos .... that we have absolutely no idea if Albert is being treated the way he deserves in relation to his fitness, ability or readiness .... or whether Dessie has for some bizarre reason ... after over 30 years in the game .... decided to not play the new messiah ...

I don't know which it is .... but the laws of probability would probably fall on the side of Dessie having a pretty good reason ..... as others have said .... the lack of information is what is driving this contention ....

It may be as simple as the fact that in giving his reasons ... Dessie would need to explain any negatives Albert has .... and I can see why he would be loathe to go public with such an explanation ....
I heard that he is not ‘mentally ready’ Not sure what that means.... ‘but a change for AH may sort the issue out‘

And just how have the club treated young Albert ?
By not playing a kid with 2 ACL's, never played against a higher age than 18, hasn't played in 2 years and was only cleared for full contact training 10 weeks ago ?
All the while paying his medical bills and supporting him financially.

Yeah they treated him so bad lol
I mean I’m not too sure really as I’m not involved with the club but from some of John Hopoate’s comments on his Instagram page, it seems like Albert hasn’t been treated too well. Des has been making very poor selections all year and isn’t prepared to drop players who have been severely underperforming all season (such as taufua, garrick, elliot) and debut Albert instead, despite him being talked about as one of the best juniors coming through over the past few years. And now due to Des’ idiotic selections, Albert is almost certainly going to leave the club. So well done Des, you’ve really ****ed us over this time.

But the issue is aidos .... that we have absolutely no idea if Albert is being treated the way he deserves in relation to his fitness, ability or readiness .... or whether Dessie has for some bizarre reason ... after over 30 years in the game .... decided to not play the new messiah ...

I don't know which it is .... but the laws of probability would probably fall on the side of Dessie having a pretty good reason ..... as others have said .... the lack of information is what is driving this contention ....

It may be as simple as the fact that in giving his reasons ... Dessie would need to explain any negatives Albert has .... and I can see why he would be loathe to go public with such an explanation ....
Yeah that’s a fair call. I just wish we got an opportunity to see this young bloke play sometime this season, especially due to all our backline injuries, instead of being loaned to the warriors so he can debut for another club and most likely never play first grade for manly.

I mean I’m not too sure really as I’m not involved with the club but from some of John Hopoate’s comments on his Instagram page, it seems like Albert hasn’t been treated too well. Des has been making very poor selections all year and isn’t prepared to drop players who have been severely underperforming all season (such as taufua, garrick, elliot) and debut Albert instead, despite him being talked about as one of the best juniors coming through over the past few years. And now due to Des’ idiotic selections, Albert is almost certainly going to leave the club. So well done Des, you’ve really ****ed us over this time.

I get the frustration with some selections, I am not disagreeing in that regard, but the one truth remains as you have pointed out, "your not sure what is going on" no one really does, it is speculation, there likely is a very good reason why Des has not selected Albert, (specifically talking Albert not other selections or non selection) and most likely because of the injuries, time away from playing, no reserves and the fact he was only cleared for physical contact just 10 weeks ago after a lay off of near 2 years but again that is speculation.

One thing though with Hoppa Snr, since you are concerned with what big John said, if you check his comments and replies, there are plenty of replies respectfully asking for him to tell his side, what he means, but he chooses to ignore those comments.
He rather focus on the comments his vocabulary and persona can shine through, the ones where he can say Fk off ya cnut, I am gunna bash ya, you dont know anything etc etc while ignoring the the respectful requests. Gives you an indication there doesn't it ?

Basically I am not about to bag Des on the Albert situation based on Hoppa Snr throwing yet another tanty and spitting his dummy because his boy didn't get picked to play !!! If Albert doesn't play for Manly, I will be disappointed Albert chose to ignore the years Manly have stuck by him for the 10 weeks he feels he should have been picked.

But heck that just speculation :cool:

Must be something in the Holy water for all these God fearing lads from Blacktown ....

... maybe we should adopt an "Atheist only" policy ....
tenor (2).gif

Finally been picked up by the media

Who w
Finally been picked up by the media

Who writes this dribble? Says "made his come back this year and is starting to get back to his best" and " has made the full back his own"

He hasn't even played for Blacktown yet? WTF

Anyway, hope the club can sort this out. Cannot let another promising junior go, especially one who can fill in at full back, centre or wing. Ridiculous

Said I was done but I’ll come back for one more

**** Manly says John.

The club who gave him his start and provided him with everything he did in football. The club who gave him a second chance and signed him after making the game into a laughing stock worldwide after he stuck his finger in a few arses. He managed to blow that opportunity too

The club who gave Will his start, and the club he didn’t even give a chance when he was finished with his god bothering, signing a big deal with the Eels before his foot was even out the door

The club who gave the real chip off the old block Jamil a second chance after he had a stint behind bars, and did all they could to get him an NRL start

The club who brought Albert through, supported him through 2 major injuries, offered him a new deal worth 250k. But apparently the club owe him more, as an 18 year old who hasn’t played footy for 2 years, he should be a walk up start for first grade, real primadonna stuff from the Hopoates

John, this club has pretty much given you and your family your lot in life, and without it, your biggest achievement in life would be keeping your imbecilic arse out of jail

**** Manly John ? No, **** you. If we lose Albert, so be it, but if the club going forward has absolutely nothing to do with a family like the Hopoates, and builds around a family like the Trbojevic’s, I’ll take that happily

Over and out

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8