The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The storm had to let go of a few superstars but still went ok. We did to in our last generation of superstars. If they’re asking for money there’s just not much you can do about it with a loaded squad.

With Fainu, some Injury luck and without mid season rule changes we would be in the top 4.

Gee if the rules didn’t change!! And if I wasn’t 120kg I’d be a supermodel. In reality we have hardly played well all year with or without Tom.We would not be within cooee of the top 4. The rules did change ! ... why do you think teams are going for youth and speed. Its the biggest change to the game in decades and isn’t going anywhere.

The Storm had Smith Cronk Slater .All future immortals .You can’t compare our top players to them.
You do realize if you buy top young talent you spend big money too.Works both ways.Usually costs more to extract a player.

In any case when was the last player Des signed at Dogs or us that has improved into a top first grader like Bellamies mob do every year.
Other than Suli who was an opportunistic punt I can’t think of one.?? Happy to be corrected.

Last edited:
Hoppa hasn't signed anywhere else yet, but the Warriors and Dogs will have him on the "Most Wanted" list.
NZ are likely staying in Australia in 2021, they will have more pull in signing players who in the past, have simply not considered joining NZ due to the Massive overseas move and change of life and this opportunity will certaily help them get in his ear.....and these far fetched idea's of not playing him in case he kills it and puts him in a "shopping window" for others is borderline crazy, plenty of youngsters unsigned for the following season get a gig as the idea is to compete in the season being played...as in 2020 and at full strength can match anyone, he may add the extra bit needed to be serious contendors ...live in the present I reckon
After some success that young player is likely to appreciate the team that gave the opportunity and will get first shot at signing them....whereas not giving that player a go, may make them a little disgruntled.
As an example if someone TODAY was to ask Hoppa - "where would you like to debut - Manly or NZ", I would have my money on him taking Manly before you finished the sentence.

Last edited:
I'd actually reduce that to Schuster. The one salient point that everyone's ignored is that there is never any certainty with what might be happening with a Hopoate. Never.
Someone said schusters manager is talking to other clubs as he is frustrated.. take it with a grain of salt though. Don't know if its credible

Hoppa hasn't signed anywhere else yet, but the Warriors and Dogs will have him on the "Most Wanted" list.
NZ are likely staying in Australia in 2021, they will have more pull in signing players who in the past, have simply not considered joining NZ due to the Massive overseas move and change of life and this opportunity will certaily help them get in his ear.
Signing with the Warriors during the pandemic would be a bigger gamble than most other clubs. There were even reports RTS was considering leaving to rugby, though he denies that. They've recently announced 2 signing 'coups', unsurprisingly both players who were not offered new deals at their clubs.

And to everybody saying he is the greatest thing to come out of Manly since Tania Verstak ....

His junior form certainly demonstrated a special talent .... but, I will wait to see him play at least a couple of NRL games before anointing him the chosen one ....

Would like to know if a Mormon mission calling has been ruled out for him in the next few years or which party instigated the idea of him being loaned to the Warriors . Still seems significant that he has not been re signed by Manly yet and taking into account that he was the 18 th man against the Warriors last week and in that he was at that stage considered ready for a i st grade run if required . Then out of the squad entirely this week , Also not as if he will automatically be included in the next Warriors run on side . Sure that every other N R L club is aware of his potential , but yet he has still remained unsigned up to this point . Must still be having a good test out in the various training drills at Manly so must be considered match fit , surely also Manly would prefer to continue to have him on an extended contract . Maybe he has only been loaned out on the condition that he make a commitment to re sign with Manly but not too sure how this could be enforced . Maybe there will be some clarification quite soon , at the present time there are virtually all unknowns then knowns on the matter . Chances are that if he does stay in the N R L in the next few years he will go well , just hope all things normal that it can still be with Manly .

The Hoppa loan is a surprise to me too but I deduce that for NRL outside back replacements at this stage we have Elliott Funa and Miski ahead of him, and maybe the new guy from Dogs as well. Probably all ahead only due to the great unknown of Hoppa's knee but just as importantly his ability to play at NRL level, as opposed to kid level. Wouldn't surprise me if we've already re-signed Hoppa, or else have made a decent offer, conditional on him showing he is roadworthy.
All just guesswork of course :)

The only way this makes sense is if we have extended his contract already or He is looking for unreasonable money & Des and the staff have seen enough to think that he isn't good enough after his ACL recons and Des is taking a gamble & letting him prove his worth.

If he had already signed elsewhere we would have just released him early and moved on, loaning him to another club would have the same net gain to us, so I don't think that is whats happened. I can't imagine we would lend him to another club when he is off contract to try and drive his price up without good reason.

Des is not a moron, there has to be a good reason for these shenanigans.

Gutho has has 2 x ACL'S and look at him now. Carving it up for parra

Signing with the Warriors during the pandemic would be a bigger gamble than most other clubs. There were even reports RTS was considering leaving to rugby, though he denies that. They've recently announced 2 signing 'coups', unsurprisingly both players who were not offered new deals at their clubs.
No doubt about that....to back that up it's murky at the best of times signing with NZ, but they do have plenty of players from other clubs today happy to play for them , particularly now they stay in Australia.
NZ definately have him on the radar and will throw plenty at him, just thought if he was playing at Manly, it would be far more of a lure to keep him at Brookie, as you mention have made it clear want to keep him.

Has been confirmed by the Warriors, however is only for 4 weeks, not the rest of the season.

At least this way, he can debut with a little less pressure and expectation and gain match fitness, and if he were to break down, it wouldn't affect us in the middle of a game

We’re delighted to have Albert on board. He was a prodigious talent coming through the junior grades, representative sides and Origin age teams for New South Wales.

Albert is a player who can handle fullback, wing and centre and is uncanny in his likeness to older brother Will.”

Peter O'Sullivan
Vodafone Warriors recruitment manager

But, nothing from Manly officials

Whats the deal if he gets injured as far as compo is concerned. Anyone know if its like the rep sub

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4