The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We will never go anywhere playing Walker at 6 when the whole purpose in signing him was that he is a centre.

He is not a REAL game-controlling half, and that is what we NEED because DCE is not one either. Fullstop. I don't believe Cust is either.

Offload whoever we need to so we can buy one. There are plenty in our squad who are not worth their money...ditch some of them and promote 3 or 4 young guys to our 30 on minimum wage. We don't NEED 30 players to play FG in a season, it is just an NRL rule. 32 is plenty including 6 Devel guys.

We don't have the money to spend that the big-money clubs do...we NEED to be a LOT smarter.
Agree mate.....I believe our strongest backline should, could be, would be

Tom
Hoppa
Walker
Suli
Funa
Schuster
DCE

Forwards
AFB
Fainu
Paseka
Olakau’atu
Siro
Jake
Res: Cust, Marty, Keppie, Saddler.....

Agree mate.....I believe our strongest backline should, could be, would be

Tom
Hoppa
Walker
Suli
Funa
Schuster
DCE

Forwards
AFB
Fainu
Paseka
Olakau’atu
Siro
Jake
Res: Cust, Marty, Keppie, Saddler.....
I do like the look of that line up but there are still some unknowns in Hoppa and Schuster. It definitely has a lot more strike power than our current backing but I wouldn't mind the balance of a steady defensive player in there like Parker.

Hey, I just worked it out! We lent Hoppa to the Warriors, now he's back, he can't play till he re-acclimatizes to his new environment. Last week he was with winners, he has to become a loser again.

Makes perfect sense why he wasn't named

Hey, I just worked it out! We lent Hoppa to the Warriors, now he's back, he can't play till he re-acclimatizes to his new environment. Last week he was with winners, he has to become a loser again.

Makes perfect sense why he wasn't named
i would have put a funny emoticon but i can't even get a giggle out of how bad this year has turned out...

Where is the logic in that?
Hoppa a fullback, Funa a centre
Why not play them in their logical positions....maybe it’s too obvious
Funa has played a lot at FB and again last week. Hopa hasn't played for over 2 years and never against men. You'd be a hard task-master to START him at FB.
Obviously everyone has an opinion, not so many logic.

Funa has played a lot at FB and again last week. Hopa hasn't played for over 2 years and never against men. You'd be a hard task-master to START him at FB.
Obviously everyone has an opinion, not so many logic.
Ha ha, play nice.
Logic says he should not be playing by your own hypocritical logic.
If he is good enough for centre, then he is good enough at FB
BTW Funa was all at sea at the back, but at least Hoppas positional play should be superior.
We will see oh wise one

It wont be any egg on face of posters... the Manly doctors deemed him fit enough to play for warriors so the ST crew would prefer to see him play for Manly... not sure how that is such a contentious issue but apparently it is...
Yep. The egg on the face will actually come when the kid is a star in twelve months.
Although I suppose he doesn’t even have to be good to be better than those masquerading as first graders now. And that’s been the point all along .

Des won’t start him at FB. I’d keep Funa there myself with Hoppa at right centre. Less pressure to start and won’t have to field kicks. If he’s going good maybe give him a crack at FB late.
We’ll be getting a flogging either way. That Storm side will put the cleaners through most.

Last edited:
He's a rookie himself.

Pretty sure Stewart debuted at fullback at 18.
A rookie? Funa has 4 FG games under his belt and has played against men for 2 years plus. Maybe Snake started on the wing...like almost every other backline debutant. He had played against men right up until his FG debut and was not coming back from injuries

Hoppa has not played for over 2 years, has NEVER played against men and is coming off 2 ACL recos, one straight after the other..

Half the people here must be clinically insane. No offence.:)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4