The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
They gave him a home, don't know if they changed him too much. He was the hustle, active type in college that he was at Pistons, Pistons were just aggressive across the court and Roman fitted in. Almost Killed him when they broke up.
Yeah but he was never that aggressive firebrand until he played in that team.. he was quiet and shy

If Suli was not out injured as well, I would have left dropped Jorge, moved Garrick to the left outside of Parker (who is a better defender than Suli), left Cust at 6, put Walks into right centre and moved Suli out to the right wing.

As it is, with Suli being out, and Hopoate being recalled from the Warriors, I suspect our 1-5 named this afternoon will be Funa, Taufua, Parker, Garrick, Hopoate (I would have said Miski on the wing, but I don't think Albert has been brought back just to be named in the 21 and not play).
That’s not true statistics suggest Suli is the 3rd best defensive centre in the Comp !!!

Hmm, I'm fairly optimistic by nature but unfortunately when John Hopoate is involved in anything it's usually because he's primarily motivated by money.

Naturally. Though we point the finger at Hopa sen as being mercenary, what player isn't playing for the money as much as the joy of playing the game. Turbo wouldn't be at Manly if he had been offer $500,000 a year instead of $1,000,000 per year plus. Its only marginally to do with loyalty in that players prefer to play for a club of their choice so another team offering a similar ball park figure has less chance of securing the player. But if they offer significant overs, pretty unlikely the player will stick at the favoured club for much less. Its business not charity, and loyalty has limits

Naturally. Though we point the finger at Hopa sen as being mercenary, what player isn't playing for the money as much as the joy of playing the game. Turbo wouldn't be at Manly if he had been offer $500,000 a year instead of $1,000,000 per year plus. Its only marginally to do with loyalty in that players prefer to play for a club of their choice so another team offering a similar ball park figure has less chance of securing the player. But if they offer significant overs, pretty unlikely the player will stick at the favoured club for much less. Its business not charity, and loyalty has limits

Agreed, but there are ways of doing things & an anti-MWSE dummy spit via social media because your son hasn't been selected to play first grade when there are several possible reasons (Des' conservatism, Albert's injuries, his time out of the game, his lack of experience at NRL level) isn't a good look.

It's also a slippery slope - will we now see similar from the likes of Metcalfe, Schuster, etc. to be given a run in first grade?

How long before players who the coach deems genuinely not ready for first grade start sounding off & threatening to leave?

That’s not true statistics suggest Suli is the 3rd best defensive centre in the Comp !!!

These stats are meaningless when the defended does not bother to even try to tackle or maintain the slide defence or can't be bothered turning around and chasing.

You know what's given me a very good laugh when reading this thread? The thought that Des Hasler, two time premiership winning player, State of Origin and Test representative player and now a two time premiership winning coach, reads and gets coaching tips from Silvertails.

C'mon people ... drugs are not your friend :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It was Jordan's team and he pissed MJ off no end... But he was the best on the floor, redefined the roll of a rebounder.

And my point is that the coach knew he had to be treated differently, was and the bulls and Rodman have championships because it worked.

Jordan liked Luc Longley. When the big Aussie centre was out after hurting his shoulder while body surfing in LA, apparently he was ringing Luc at home on a weekly basis asking when he was coming back because with him out he had no one to set picks or screens for him.

Seen on Instagram (Hoppa on back page of Telegraph)

Seen on Instagram.jpg

Jam up defence works well, it was working amazing first 6-7 rds.

Problem I see is Tom not being there for a start, he single handily was strong and fast enough to come across in cover and bowl a defender into touch or cover up an attacking kick.

The middle and ruck has lost a bit of control and we are also being penalized a lot especially Jake and giving away a lot of repeat sets and are continually on back foot. A team like Souths used the ball effectively to the edges and we cannot turn and cover defend in time.

If you play a jamming type defence, a winger or centre need to be able to have enough speed to turn and cover if ball is quickly spread to edges. At the moment we have players rushing in, missing tackles and then players like Jorge to slow to turn and cover.

Starts at ruck, defence just pushing through Levi, then the 5/8 is missing a bit causing a centre to rush in, miss leaving a slow winger exposed.

New rule definitely has not helped Jake, then we are missing Walker defence at 5/8 who was quite effective this year, Parker was usually solid when he then didn't have to rush in, then we had Tom at back who was incredible at that last ditch cover
So why didn't the coach adjust our defense structure after Tom was gone. We should've spread wider, sliding whichever way the ball goes, rely on our middle defense staying strong and forcing the opposition to have to kick through more. The % of tries scored from kicks would have to be lower than leaving 15 - 20 meters gaps out wide for opposition centers and wingers to stroll through untouched. A fast fullback needed to be picked i.e Funa, Hoppa, Metcalf or Anderson to cover for kicks. Defense is the key and we've faltered hideously on tactics since Tom and Dylan went out.

You know what's given me a very good laugh when reading this thread? The thought that Des Hasler, two time premiership winning player, State of Origin and Test representative player and now a two time premiership winning coach, reads and gets coaching tips from Silvertails.

C'mon people ... drugs are not your friend :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jordan liked Luc Longley. When the big Aussie centre was out after hurting his shoulder while body surfing in LA, apparently he was ringing Luc at home on a weekly basis asking when he was coming back because with him out he had no one to set picks or screens for him.
Luc was such a good role player.

Agreed, but there are ways of doing things & an anti-MWSE dummy spit via social media because your son hasn't been selected to play first grade when there are several possible reasons (Des' conservatism, Albert's injuries, his time out of the game, his lack of experience at NRL level) isn't a good look.

It's also a slippery slope - will we now see similar from the likes of Metcalfe, Schuster, etc. to be given a run in first grade?

How long before players who the coach deems genuinely not ready for first grade start sounding off & threatening to leave?

Good points. I guess the problem now is an unusual one because if these kids had been playing in the Reggies all year, they would be getting necessary experience, enjoying the game they love and some would already probably have been in first grade having proved their worth. This Covid issue must be causing a great degree of frustration for young guys ready for their big chance, but having it denied not because they aren't ready, but because they cant be seen to be ready. Must be driving them crazy sitting on the bench all season, not even getting to play in any grade, but only week by week training and training and training. Sure they are being paid, but these are their primary years to play the game. Patience isn't a young persons virtue

Like the piece in the Tele about Turbos comments concerning Albert

'I've watched him play growing up, he's the same age as my little brother Ben. He's a freak of a player. He's going to be awesome. Its so unfortunate that he is coming off two knee reconstructions but you can see it at training, he's a freak'.

Good to read a positive report from a player well regarded in the game. Hope his dad reads it because its along side Turbo he could play. Sort of thing needed to be said to encourage him to stay...hopefully.

All I know is that the last time Albert played he was 16 years of age. I don’t care who it is, but to go straight to NRL with no game time for 2 years is very high risk for someone in their 20’s let alone a teenager. Perhaps the Warriors were a good fit to ease him into it. They are a big strong physical Team that could support him, unlike our backs that get ragdolled every time they touch the ball
Ha ha, your post is too logical for this environment.
It’s a major risk. I hope he has a blinder, and he might.
But the odds are he won’t and can’t with his limited prep.
Aiming him at next season was pretty sensible in my opinion.
Let’s see what unfolds

Like the piece in the Tele about Turbos comments concerning Albert

'I've watched him play growing up, he's the same age as my little brother Ben. He's a freak of a player. He's going to be awesome. Its so unfortunate that he is coming off two knee reconstructions but you can see it at training, he's a freak'.

Good to read a positive report from a player well regarded in the game. Hope his dad reads it because its along side Turbo he could play. Sort of thing needed to be said to encourage him to stay...hopefully.

Sam age as Burbo .... come on up young Burbo

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11